Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

sexist show, the slap was soo unecessary! (Page 2)

NazmaJ IF-Sizzlerz
NazmaJ
NazmaJ

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
She got slapped because of what she was saying to her mum not anything else and I'll be honest if I or any of my brothers and sisters were that rude we'd get slapped regardless of which sex we were.

NRChau Groupbie
NRChau
NRChau

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Another point I have been forgetting to mention is Kinjal probably wouldn't have talked smack if she didn't feel abandoned yet again... Here was her two faced, lying, manipulative mean MIL taunting her, calling her a disgrace to both families n Kinjal's own family just stood there, feeling ashamed! N when they did open their mouths, only accusations came out!! Urmila would have been a better mother if Rashi was being blamed for something like this...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cupid-strucksuk19

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NRChau

Another point I have been forgetting to mention is Kinjal probably wouldn't have talked smack if she didn't feel abandoned yet again... Here was her two faced, lying, manipulative mean MIL taunting her, calling her a disgrace to both families n Kinjal's own family just stood there, feeling ashamed! N when they did open their mouths, only accusations came out!! Urmila would have been a better mother if Rashi was being blamed for something like this...

Kinjal did it to herself. She is feeling abandoned? She was the one that wanted to run away with that jerk. As for Urmi talking crap about Kinjal. Well KInjal could have handled the situation differently. First she could have just talk to Dhaval and asked about modeling. Since she already on his store banner then why not talk to him about other work. Again to bring in second salary and also make her feel like she has a identity. I am a 100% sure Dhaval would have gave permission. Dhaval was more hurt that she lied and was hiding from him. If he truly wanted to yell, he wouldn't have ran behind her. Kinjal needs to see all this. She has this narrowmind that everyone is against her. But she needs to except her destiny, that she is no longer of Modi families daughter but she is a wife and a bahu. She thinks it was wrong for her mom to give 11rup for raksha bandhan. But giving to status quo is a long time practice in our culture. You don't give more then the person can return. She needs to understand these small things. Which she is being hard headed about. So she got what she got for her behavior and nothing else.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NazmaJ-tellyaddict-suk19ANJ4

NazmaJ IF-Sizzlerz
NazmaJ
NazmaJ

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by taral83

Kinjal did it to herself. She is feeling abandoned? She was the one that wanted to run away with that jerk. As for Urmi talking crap about Kinjal. Well KInjal could have handled the situation differently. First she could have just talk to Dhaval and asked about modeling. Since she already on his store banner then why not talk to him about other work. Again to bring in second salary and also make her feel like she has a identity. I am a 100% sure Dhaval would have gave permission. Dhaval was more hurt that she lied and was hiding from him. If he truly wanted to yell, he wouldn't have ran behind her. Kinjal needs to see all this. She has this narrowmind that everyone is against her. But she needs to except her destiny, that she is no longer of Modi families daughter but she is a wife and a bahu. She thinks it was wrong for her mom to give 11rup for raksha bandhan. But giving to status quo is a long time practice in our culture. You don't give more then the person can return. She needs to understand these small things. Which she is being hard headed about. So she got what she got for her behavior and nothing else.

I completely agree with you. Kinjal would never have learned her lesson if she was allowed to carry on being the spoilt daughter of the Modi's after everything she did to disgrace them. I also believe that Koki does have the best interest of her daughter at heart. She has always tried to look out for her daughter and even before she was married told her how to be to maek her life easier.
If Kinjal had ended up married to Elesh or anyone else form a big family it would have been a cop out for the show. Kinjal needs to learn and adjust to her new life, if she wants to be a model then fair enough but she should have at least talked it over with her husband - I don't really think that Urmila should have been consulted.
If she had been married in a "big" family and decided to take this modelling step, which she claims that she did because she wanted to develop her own identity, without talking it over the reaction of the families involved would have still been the same.
Jammona Senior Member
Jammona
Jammona

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nkapoor

the way Kinjal was treated, shows how sexist this show actually is, Kagri is a sexist character! Kinjal is right in what she said! and the slap was soo frikin unecessary, Indian Men have liberty to slap women, it disgusts me! that is no way to treat a woman! would Kinjal slap Ahem like this? then how can Ahem do the same?? Kinjal had a point, if her brother is living of his parents, then why is she dumped in the chawl? and why no one cares for her?? these bloody indian shows are not getting progressive, rather they are getting regressive, man these shows make me miss ekta mai!

am non indian but came from a cultured tribe and family and to be honest if i was in kinjal's shoes and spoke to my mum in this manner as kinjal has, irrespective of my condition then one of my brothers would do the same as Ahem did (and i too would do the same if any of my brothers or sisters behaved this way to my mum) because she was disrespectful to her mother not in what she was saying but the manner in which she spoke to her mother.

coming to kokila, just like she ask urmila not to interfere in rashi's marriage , she should also do the same with her daughter and why does she always listen to urmi whose character she knew without finding out from her daughter first, whom she is always telling about upbringing, therefore it shows that she does not trust her upbringing of kinjal but has more faith in Ahem. another fault of kokila is that she favoured Ahem over kinjal and made it so obvious to both even though even parents have favorites she showed so much differences in their treatment.

as for kinjal she brought herself into that marriage leaving kokila no option but to ensure that she married dawal and it's up to her to adjust into her new live rather than blame everyone else other than herself. she show have spoken to dawal who i believe would have supported her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-tellyaddict-

NRChau Groupbie
NRChau
NRChau

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
First, she didn't know Umang was a jerk when she fell in love with him... Secondly, Kokila thinks of herself as a wise ass n knows Urmila is not a good person at heart then why would she marry off Kinjal in that family. Ok, let's assume for whatever's sake, there was no guy left in the whole wide world after that pregnancy fiasco, would it have killed her to talk nicely to Kinjal after the wedding? If silent treatment is her twisted way of showing concern then she should just stay mute when it comes to Ahem... All I am saying is that Kokila is a bad parent, especially in Kinjal's case... But hey give her cookie points for teaching Ahem how to keep emotional and physical abuse hidden away from outsiders!!
NazmaJ IF-Sizzlerz
NazmaJ
NazmaJ

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kamjal

Originally posted by nkapoor

the way Kinjal was treated, shows how sexist this show actually is, Kagri is a sexist character! Kinjal is right in what she said! and the slap was soo frikin unecessary, Indian Men have liberty to slap women, it disgusts me! that is no way to treat a woman! would Kinjal slap Ahem like this? then how can Ahem do the same?? Kinjal had a point, if her brother is living of his parents, then why is she dumped in the chawl? and why no one cares for her?? these bloody indian shows are not getting progressive, rather they are getting regressive, man these shows make me miss ekta mai!

am non indian but came from a cultured tribe and family and to be honest if i was in kinjal's shoes and spoke to my mum in this manner as kinjal has, irrespective of my condition then one of my brothers would do the same as Ahem did (and i too would do the same if any of my brothers or sisters behaved this way to my mum) because she was disrespectful to her mother not in what she was saying but the manner in which she spoke to her mother.

coming to kokila, just like she ask urmila not to interfere in rashi's marriage , she should also do the same with her daughter and why does she always listen to urmi whose character she knew without finding out from her daughter first, whom she is always telling about upbringing, therefore it shows that she does not trust her upbringing of kinjal but has more faith in Ahem. another fault of kokila is that she favoured Ahem over kinjal and made it so obvious to both even though even parents have favorites she showed so much differences in their treatment.

as for kinjal she brought herself into that marriage leaving kokila no option but to ensure that she married dawal and it's up to her to adjust into her new live rather than blame everyone else other than herself. she show have spoken to dawal who i believe would have supported her.

To be fair to Koki Urmila herself called her up to get involved Koki didn't jsut turn up and start interfering. Koki hasn't said anything to Urmi or Kinjal about how they are to each other before but when asked basically to justify her daughters behaviour she was therefore forced to get involved.

Also I agree that Ahem was right to slap Kinjal regardless of sex a child should be punished for disrespecting parents especially by older siblings.
Preciousa Senior Member
Preciousa
Preciousa

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
I think Kinjal did a great thing, good on her! Her family treats her like garbage when she needed money and some comfort but when it comes to 'maan' and 'maryada' they all of a sudden realized she is their daughter after all! How selfish and indeed, very sexist! When Ahem was treating Gopi like garbage Gopi was told to 'win his heart' but when Kinjal is being the same they are acting all sexist, as if only men got heart. I am 1000% on Kinjal's side!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Simi0808leavesandwaves

Go to top