Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.hea. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
true!!!
I agree that Khusi's character is confusing me a lot yaar, I mean she is an ideal for Nani, then she should also possess the qualities. She does a job bravely, but when ASR asks an explanation, why does she ran away, she should have the guts to answer him back. And Oh my god!!! she disconnected his phone and played a trick. And the precap, just can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!
Awesome post, love it!
lakshmi_SG thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have a problem with her escapism of the consequences of her actions because it does not fit in well with her and if this is an attribute of her character, it must be demonstrated in other areas of her life.  The reason we know that ASR is nice deep down is because we have seen hints of it not only with Khushi, but with Anjali, and in his loyalty to Mami.

Her escapism is only when she doesnot have a strong reason to justify her actions which should convince arnav particularly. If you take the examples of 2 incidents...mami spoiling the sweets made by khushi on anjali's wedding anniversary function and very recently when she lied that it is her idea of getting duplicate goat in the place of lakshmi. In both the occasions she very well knows that she didnot commit any mistake and hence faced the situation with much dignity . Especially when she lied, she know that she is doing that for the sake of lavanya so that arnav & lavanya can be together, that's is the reason why she faced nani confidently even though she knows that nani can find out the truth very easily.

But in case of her deeds wrt arnav, she is not confident whether arnav can convince with her reasoning, so that is making her to escape from him.

Edited by lakshmi_SG - 12 years ago
Chinu5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: solembaum

Ok... My two cents... I really think Khushi was just doing her job of making Lavanya a sanskaari 'bahu' ... bahu being the operative word... and she actually spoke to Lavanya about the shaadi or her opinion about the dangers of 'living -in' after their equation changed ... It is true that that has caused an inconvenience to ASR... by rocking the placid waters of the useless arrangement that he was having with La... But, like someone else pointed out in another post, ASR and Lavanya are still free to make their own decisions and judgments... So if Lavanya was convinced by Khushi's explanations and now wants different things from the relationship, it is still something that ASR and La needs to discuss right? Not ASR and Khushi? While he might be angry about Khushi's opinions-  what exactly is he hoping to gain from cornering Khushi or shouting at Khushi? and if La believes in shaadi now he owes her an explanation as to why he doesn't want to marry or whether it is La as a person that he has issues with etc... He cannot hope to be a dictator in a relationship also right? So I for one do not believe that Khushi has done anything she needs to feel bad about ... Khushi is not keeping a gun to his head and saying you marry Lavanya... ASR has always been his own person and he will continue to be his own person... and no one including his Di can force him to marry against his will... so there is nothing that has really gone very wrong with his life except that may be Lavanya has realised that live-in is not what she wants and she wants the relationship to be formalised... Of course it is inconvenient to ASR... But I never felt that he set much store by that relationship except as a way of thumping his nose at Nani &co... But La's office performance was not needed especially the explanation part while the clients were around... 

Now coming to Khushi... I understand why she did what she did with the phone... she probably didn't want an awkward situation which she cannot explain to her parents... and if they feel she is not treated right or ask her to stop going and they will somehow manage etc it would become another source of tension for everyone... But she should have taken the opportunity presented by Arnav when he asked what she thought she was doing on the phone... But I still do not feel so totally horrible about her even now... While she finally does stand up and speak up and all that , her initial reactions have always been to avoid the situation especially when it comes to Arnav... In spite of the Chai fiasco she is still afraid of him... Not because she thinks she has done something wrong... But because she is scared of his anger and her foot in mouth syndrome whenever she deals with him... and may be somewhere she doesn't know how to deal with him and the momentary confusions that he creates in her... But yeah she should have learned by now that when she avoids him it blows up pretty badly at some other time... and the fainting part was a total no-no for me... although even now I wouldn't say she is so bad that she deserves to be married to Shyam or she deserves whatever ASR throws at her... I am fine with his anger as long as he doesn't again go to aukaad and haisiyat... he definitely can call her immature and he can also tell her that she should have had the guts to defend her position... But no name calling and no alluding to how she is beneath his station in life... Then I have no issues with ASR taking KKG to task... Let them have an unpleasant conversation or an argument.. let him say she didn't measure up to his standards... all that is fine... But I don't think even this warrants an aukaad and haisiyat lecture... 

I  completely agree with you ..I feel the same about these characters

lakshmi_SG thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ok... My two cents... I really think Khushi was just doing her job of making Lavanya a sanskaari 'bahu' ... bahu being the operative word... and she actually spoke to Lavanya about the shaadi or her opinion about the dangers of 'living -in' after their equation changed ... It is true that that has caused an inconvenience to ASR... by rocking the placid waters of the useless arrangement that he was having with La... But, like someone else pointed out in another post, ASR and Lavanya are still free to make their own decisions and judgments... So if Lavanya was convinced by Khushi's explanations and now wants different things from the relationship, it is still something that ASR and La needs to discuss right? Not ASR and Khushi? While he might be angry about Khushi's opinions-  what exactly is he hoping to gain from cornering Khushi or shouting at Khushi? and if La believes in shaadi now he owes her an explanation as to why he doesn't want to marry or whether it is La as a person that he has issues with etc... He cannot hope to be a dictator in a relationship also right? So I for one do not believe that Khushi has done anything she needs to feel bad about ... Khushi is not keeping a gun to his head and saying you marry Lavanya... ASR has always been his own person and he will continue to be his own person... and no one including his Di can force him to marry against his will... so there is nothing that has really gone very wrong with his life except that may be Lavanya has realised that live-in is not what she wants and she wants the relationship to be formalised... Of course it is inconvenient to ASR... But I never felt that he set much store by that relationship except as a way of thumping his nose at Nani &co... But La's office performance was not needed especially the explanation part while the clients were around... 

Now coming to Khushi... I understand why she did what she did with the phone... she probably didn't want an awkward situation which she cannot explain to her parents... and if they feel she is not treated right or ask her to stop going and they will somehow manage etc it would become another source of tension for everyone... But she should have taken the opportunity presented by Arnav when he asked what she thought she was doing on the phone... But I still do not feel so totally horrible about her even now... While she finally does stand up and speak up and all that , her initial reactions have always been to avoid the situation especially when it comes to Arnav... In spite of the Chai fiasco she is still afraid of him... Not because she thinks she has done something wrong... But because she is scared of his anger and her foot in mouth syndrome whenever she deals with him... and may be somewhere she doesn't know how to deal with him and the momentary confusions that he creates in her... But yeah she should have learned by now that when she avoids him it blows up pretty badly at some other time... and the fainting part was a total no-no for me... although even now I wouldn't say she is so bad that she deserves to be married to Shyam or she deserves whatever ASR throws at her... I am fine with his anger as long as he doesn't again go to aukaad and haisiyat... he definitely can call her immature and he can also tell her that she should have had the guts to defend her position... But no name calling and no alluding to how she is beneath his station in life... Then I have no issues with ASR taking KKG to task... Let them have an unpleasant conversation or an argument.. let him say she didn't measure up to his standards... all that is fine... But I don't think even this warrants an aukaad and haisiyat lecture... 

@solembaum...Very well written, superb analysis of the scenario which is brilliantly put into words. Wonderful post...👏

ashvez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Momma..Today's episode was totally childish...and losing the character of Khushi,completely.I have no idea, how the CV's are shaping this character.
The kitchen scene was atleast tolerable,and the best opportunity to come out clear with Arnav.Lekin, the fainting scene was unbearable...it endorses further, that chotey aukat waley hamesha dhoka detey hain.His anger is sooo justified...she needs to be cornered and barked  for  her loose stupidity.

Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i guess she doesn't wanna hear the same insults again from him thats y but join around acting fool/pranks on him which i didn't like ...as per the pre cap...i think its bout his mom...first time seeing him crying...😲
sunaina02 thumbnail
Did not Arnav also cry in the Mandir after he found Anjali ?
naz17555 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I wish they would move on already! Im actually getting bored!! I didnt mind the phone bit but the rest was just dragging! What is the CV's problem?! Cant they just move on with Arhi's story?! Why do they have to make khushi run away?! Just hear out the guy and then say your bit! jeeezzz
sparkles12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@momma1128: I think Khushi avoiding ASR on the phone is okay because, she didn't want her parents and bua to worry about her job and situation in RM. I can still understand the kitchen scene, maybe she needs some time to frame a response, but I absolutely disliked the fake fainting scene. It was like taking advantage of Arnav, because she has seen/felt his concern consciously/sub-consciously. Maybe I wouldn't be so upset if she had just diverted his attention instead of faking the fainting part, if the CVs wanted to show her running away. But then SP and SO heroines are full of contradictions. They have to be sanskari, funny, vivacious, etc., but character development and consistency are rare commodities. It's the male lead's character that suffers then and finally the story.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Ok... My two cents... I really think Khushi was just doing her job of making Lavanya a sanskaari 'bahu' ... bahu being the operative word... and she actually spoke to Lavanya about the shaadi or her opinion about the dangers of 'living -in' after their equation changed ... It is true that that has caused an inconvenience to ASR... by rocking the placid waters of the useless arrangement that he was having with La... But, like someone else pointed out in another post, ASR and Lavanya are still free to make their own decisions and judgments... So if Lavanya was convinced by Khushi's explanations and now wants different things from the relationship, it is still something that ASR and La needs to discuss right? Not ASR and Khushi? While he might be angry about Khushi's opinions-  what exactly is he hoping to gain from cornering Khushi or shouting at Khushi?

First off, thanks so much for responding with your two cents, although I am sure it is worth a lot more!!  @bold - I don't think that ASR wants to discuss the relationship between he and La with Khushi, what he wants is for Khushi to stop talking about their relationship or their lack of one - just as he had mentioned in the car that night to her.  It is his life, he doesn't need her to come and plant seeds in La's mind.

and if La believes in shaadi now he owes her an explanation as to why he doesn't want to marry or whether it is La as a person that he has issues with etc... He cannot hope to be a dictator in a relationship also right? So I for one do not believe that Khushi has done anything she needs to feel bad about ... Khushi is not keeping a gun to his head and saying you marry Lavanya... ASR has always been his own person and he will continue to be his own person... and no one including his Di can force him to marry against his will... so there is nothing that has really gone very wrong with his life except that may be Lavanya has realised that live-in is not what she wants and she wants the relationship to be formalised... Of course it is inconvenient to ASR... But I never felt that he set much store by that relationship except as a way of thumping his nose at Nani &co... But La's office performance was not needed especially the explanation part while the clients were around... 

Yes, I agree.  I feel he is only doing live in to spite his Nani.

@bold - that exactly the point my post is about.  I know why she has run in the past.  And she has paid the price every time she has done it, so how many more times does it take for her to learn???  As I said, I did not mind what she did on the phone.  I take issue with her not facing the music.  It is getting incorrigible now.  And it was the icing on the cake when she feigned fainting.  I was bothered by her destroying the car engine (and not because of imminent explosion or whatever, but because she realizes the value of a buck) and I am very bothered by this fainting act.  And her initial reactions are to run, but this was extraordinarily calculated and I just don't see that from Khushi - I mean not in this type of way.  It's not whether I am for or against Khushi, it's about whether this action is believable coming from her.  I think it's something she wouldn't have done.  I would have her own up to it and cut his knees out from under him by being preemptive and proactive about her actions.  Not this typical Star Plus passive agressive stuff.  But we'll never know what Arnav wanted to say after her resignation, nor what he wants to say here because of the running.  I'm tired of the one sided conversations constantly, whether it be his turn or hers.  I think the CV's feel it's easier to have them do these things than to actually write a conversation.  And I agree, I can do without the insults to her status.  It's also getting old and without an explanation of why he is fixated on her status and why he feels he can buy people, it's becoming irritating.  The show lacks depth to the screenplay right now.

Again - thanks for you post!

P.S. - I never said Khushi should marry Shyam. EVER.