Pavitra Rishta

Ankita hates crying--indya.com (Page 2)

excelsa7 Groupbie
excelsa7
excelsa7

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankifan

Thanks for sharing..

nice article. Anki is always in joy mood. 
Wonder how she enacted those scenes when she lost the baby,  she acted so well and naturally then. She is very talented actress. Tongue

I disagree with you - I really don't think that she is a talented actrress at all- as that would mean that she could easily portray other roles except  being a victim, sad and upset... and let's not forget self-righteous. For example she has failed miserably in acting a mother role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHe acted so well when she lost the baby - becasue it was not directly acting as a mother - but moreso AGAIN as a VICTIM!. She simply does not seem to be able to go beyond the victim/sad/crying role - she cannot portrray a mother role nor does she seem to be very good at comedy ... she cannot portray variety ... quite suprising that so many of you seem to hold her acting ability in such high esteem... really it is the chemistry between her and sushant as well as the storyline of PR that has led to her success thus far - and not so much her acting skills

Edited by excelsa7 - 21 September 2011 at 6:29pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Desdemona

ptecvish Senior Member
ptecvish
ptecvish

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
@excelsa
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion about her Ankita's acting skills as much as others are.
I think that she portrays the role of Archana very convincingly and that is the reason for her popularity.
I do not agree when you say that she does not portray a mother's role properly . Her mother-son interaction with Sachu ( and Punni earlier)  come across as very natural, normal   and sweet to me.
The character of Archana does not give her scope to do comedy. Her brief stint at CC may not have showcased her comic timing but at least she tried. Everyone need not be versatile .( Can Archana Puran Singh portray Archana's role ). That does not make her less of an actress in my opinion.
Anyways, what she portrays on screen is very different from what she is in real life. I , at least, will give her a lot of credit for that. Thanx.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

j_lovewikileaksladylove90SportsFreakstefanandreshootingstar27star_warsLovePRSohamSunoNa...

excelsa7 Groupbie
excelsa7
excelsa7

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ptecvish

@excelsa
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion about her Ankita's acting skills as much as others are.
I think that she portrays the role of Archana very convincingly and that is the reason for her popularity.
I do not agree when you say that she does not portray a mother's role properly . Her mother-son interaction with Sachu ( and Punni earlier)  come across as very natural, normal   and sweet to me.
The character of Archana does not give her scope to do comedy. Her brief stint at CC may not have showcased her comic timing but at least she tried. Everyone need not be versatile .( Can Archana Puran Singh portray Archana's role ). That does not make her less of an actress in my opinion.
Anyways, what she portrays on screen is very different from what she is in real life. I , at least, will give her a lot of credit for that. Thanx.

@ptecvish

Yes this is indeed my opinion - just as you are entitled to yours. I disagree with your opinion that she protrays a mother role well with Sacchu and Punni - she comes across more like an elder sister or a nanny than a mother - the body language (among other subtle requirements) is simply not there! This is my opinion... and will not change unless her portrayal of this role changes/improves.

When I said that she does not do comedy well - I was not referring to PR per say  - but in CC - and yes - she tried - but that's not the point--> it is whether she showed the skill or not (again in my opinion).

Furthermore I disagree with you saying that 'everyone need not be versatile' - versatility is one of the main ingredients of good acting - this is not just my opinion but an accepted fact!! And YES is the answer to your Archana vs Puran singh analogy - a skilled actor should be verstile enough to take on any role. Feeble excuses like - they are too young to do a mother/father role are inadequate - at least when one is talking about serious acting skills and abilities.

Finally no one is commenting or critiquing on what this actress is like in real life - I'm sure she's a lovely person. These comments and opinions were all expressed only in relation to the acting skills (or lack thereof) of this actress

Edited by excelsa7 - 21 September 2011 at 8:33pm
SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by excelsa7

Originally posted by Ankifan

Thanks for sharing..

nice article. Anki is always in joy mood. 
Wonder how she enacted those scenes when she lost the baby,  she acted so well and naturally then. She is very talented actress. Tongue

I disagree with you - I really don't think that she is a talented actrress at all- as that would mean that she could easily portray other roles except  being a victim, sad and upset... and let's not forget self-righteous. For example she has failed miserably in acting a mother role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHe acted so well when she lost the baby - becasue it was not directly acting as a mother - but moreso AGAIN as a VICTIM!. She simply does not seem to be able to go beyond the victim/sad/crying role - she cannot portrray a mother role nor does she seem to be very good at comedy ... she cannot portray variety ... quite suprising that so many of you seem to hold her acting ability in such high esteem... really it is the chemistry between her and sushant as well as the storyline of PR that has led to her success thus far - and not so much her acting skills

I totally disagree with u.
If u cant connect with her acting skills no problem, for me when i c sachu and her, i c the mom-sos relation, for me she is a very talented and versatile actress.
 I still stay by wt i have said earlier, she is a very talented actressApprove
I feel she acts very naturally with sachu as a mother, i dnt c nanny in her, i get connectd with her portrayal of mother role to sachu. And finally thats wt matyters, v need to get connected with the character.

Moreover i watch this show only for her, i connect more with the role of archana.
Im surprised y arent u commenting anything on other character portrayals, i mean do u connect with savita as a grand mom? do u connect with manav as a father?

Everyone are bound to their opinions. So no offense.
For me she is indeed talented and versatile both.Big smile

And bout comedy, i saw so improvement in her frm first epi til she left. She imrpoved alot. Surprisingly i liked her comedy bit as wellApprove
She gave her try in it, and she did improve on it and i give credit for that. Big smile

Edited by Ankifan - 21 September 2011 at 11:28pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

j_loveladylove90SportsFreakstar_wars

excelsa7 Groupbie
excelsa7
excelsa7

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
[/QUOTE]I totally disagree with u.
If u cant connect with her acting skills no problem, for me when i c sachu and her, i c the mom-sos relation, for me she is a very talented and versatile actress.
 I still stay by wt i have said earlier, she is a very talented actressApprove
I feel she acts very naturally with sachu as a mother, i dnt c nanny in her, i get connectd with her portrayal of mother role to sachu. And finally thats wt matyters, v need to get connected with the character.

Moreover i watch this show only for her, i connect more with the role of archana.
Im surprised y arent u commenting anything on other character portrayals, i mean do u connect with savita as a grand mom? do u connect with manav as a father?

Everyone are bound to their opinions. So no offense.
For me she is indeed talented and versatile both.Big smile

[/QUOTE]

No offence taken! You have every right ot disagree with me - as you are entitled to your opinion just as I am..!

I'm not suprised that you think this actress is very versatile - as you have made comments like "Moreover i watch this show only for her,.." etc - this demonstrated that you are biased in judging her performance...you will therefore see her as doing well when someone else who is more neutral and not necessairly an ankita fan may not. ... but as you rightly said - everyone is entitled to their own opinion... and I respect your opinion - although I do not agree with it.Smile

I haven't commented on other actors as this topic was based on Ankita --> " Ankita hates crying"  - which I found hilarious - becasue this is what she seems to be the best at acting!!LOL

But to answer your questions: I think the actress who plays Savita is VERY versatile - Usha ji has demonstrated many times that she can switch from one extreme to the other within one scene - she is convincing at whatever role she plays. And yes - she plays the role of a doting grandmother very well (don't confuse this with manipulating sacchu to take revenge on Archana - as this is about the character Savita and not the actress's ability to act)

The actor who portrays Manav also does not seem to be able to portray a fatherly role well - similar to Ankita, he seems more like a bigger brother than a father - however- there are very little scenes between him and the kids to judge properly. Additionally, fathers are generally portrayed as more distant and so his lack of performance in a fatherly role is easier to dismiss.Smile

Edited by excelsa7 - 21 September 2011 at 11:41pm
SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by excelsa7

No offence taken! You have every right ot disagree with me - as you are entitled to your opinion just as I am..!

I'm not suprised that you think this actress is very versatile - as you have made comments like "Moreover i watch this show only for her,.." etc - this demonstrated that you are biased in judging her performance...you will therefore see her as doing well when someone else who is more neutral and not necessairly an ankita fan may not. ... but as you rightly said - everyone is entitled to their own opinion... and I respect your opinion - although I do not agree with it.Smile

I haven't commented on other actors as this topic was based on Ankita --> " Ankita hates crying"  - which I found hilarious - becasue this is what she seems to be the best at acting!!LOL

But to answer your questions: I think the actress who plays Savita is VERY versatile - Usha ji has demonstrated many times that she can switch from one extreme to the other within one scene - she is convincing at whatever role she plays. And yes - she plays the role of a doting grandmother very well (don't confuse this with manipulating sacchu to take revenge on Archana - as this is about the character Savita and not the actress's ability to act)

The actor who portrays Manav also does not seem to be able to portray a fatherly role well - similar to Ankita, he seems more like a bigger brother than a father - however- there are very little scenes between him and the kids to judge properly. Additionally, fathers are generally portrayed as more distant and so his lack of performance in a fatherly role is easier to dismiss.Smile
fathers are generally portrayed as more distant. Hmm ur statement on fathers , i dnt agree with it. I have seen many ppl as fathers in real and reel, nd this statement doesnt hold good.
My POV again, or may be i hv seen fathers playing an equal role as of motehrs in bringing up a child, i hv never come across a father who is distant frm his childBig smile

Hmm i m very atatched to my father, actually i think a father is as important as a mother is.
I c many fathers giving equal time to kids or a little lest time than a mother gives. But they are indeed very attached to their kids.
Im more disappointed with manav in a father role than as archana's.
I m nt gonna comment on archu-soham, as i do feel that something misses wit soham and his parents connection or love. BUt if i take sachu, i c her motherly love on him. I get connected. If u cal this biased ness i cant help itLOL
Yup i agree upon usha ji is a great actress, but i dnt get connect wit her playing a grand mom to soham til nw. may be the CVs need to be blamed for this as they hvnt given her such scripts.
I askd ur comment on other actors as i c u posting the same on ankita's acting in other threads as wel which is nt opened only on ankita, so i wanted to knw ur opinion on fathers portrayal as wel.
Yes i started watching this show as i gt connected with the character archana, thats wen i started liking ankita as archana, but me saying her motehrly insticts on sachu has gt nthng to do wit me being her fanLOL hope u gt it rightLOL

And who wud love crying?LOL almost al actors/actress cry in shows but that doesnt mean they love crying in realLOL

She is totally different as a person to wt she portrays here to be , so i give a lot of credit for that.
Nice talking to u anywaysBig smile
i do respect otehrs opinion lik how u did mine, so m glad v put forward our opinions and respected it though we disagree with itBig smile

I still stay by wt i said earlier she is talented, i c her as a very good actress, good dancer, she tried her bit in comedy as wel. So for me she is talented and versatile.
U can call me biased no issues, but she made me connect to the role of archana. Tongue

Edited by Ankifan - 22 September 2011 at 12:10am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksexcelsa7ptecvishshootingstar27star_warsLovePRSoham

-Nags- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nags-
-Nags-

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 3:09am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Desdemona Senior Member
Desdemona
Desdemona

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Have you seen Archana puran singh's earlier television shows?  She proved herself in all types of roles. Comedy happened later. She used to be known as a beautiful and talented actress in90's.  So no comparison of her in that way with Ankita. of course Ankita makes the show watchable with her delicate personality and she is well suited for the role of Archana. here nobody  atleast I am not saying she is not a good actress at all. Action wise, she is okay. Not great.

Go to top