Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

"Aishwarya did Kajra Re without any makeup" (Page 8)

Dexterkichokri IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
^^ I believe it's a Parsi name.  Maybe not common, but not un-common, either.
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VanityGirl

Originally posted by chocolover89

Shakti was just an awful film through and through. It would have failed regardless of who was in it IMHO.. I never managed to sit through that crap. I tried watching it for SRK and Karishma..couldn't.

I beg you to see the original. It is simply fantastic. It was so REAL and RAW, everything from the performances to the cast to the setting. It simpled failed to translate in the Hindi version.
The original is probably better, but Shakti left a real bad taste in my mouth..not sure if I want to see another version of it..
Lord_Voldemort IF-Dazzler
Lord_Voldemort
Lord_Voldemort

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterphile

@Vanity: Well you are. You started off in the first place by saying Aishwarya is the sole reason Bunty aur Babli worked. I countered that with the Shakti example. The fact is B&B was a hit and Shakti wasn't. The fact also is  Aishwarya was an item girl in both. One worked but the other did not. So how can you positively give all the credit to her?

I'm not giving all the credit to her, I'm just saying she had a big role to play.

As you read the trade analysts saying in the article, the teasers of Ishq Kameena were immensely popular and that's what drew the crowd to the theatres when the film opened. The film was terrible, the numbers dropped in no time.

Regarding Kajra Re, they NEVER even released the teasers. Nobody knew Ash was doing an item song in the film. It was nowhere publicized. And the film's teasers hardly appealed to anyone. Which is why the film received a dull opening. So during the film it suddenly popped out and amused people. It became so popular that people flocked theatres just for the song as it was playing nowhere else.

Bunty aur Babli had nothing good to offer as a film. It was mediocre at best. Even a Taran Adarsh who so freely distributes stars gave it a 1.5 and panned it.

Edited by VanityGirl - 20 September 2011 at 2:23pm
Lord_Voldemort IF-Dazzler
Lord_Voldemort
Lord_Voldemort

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by VanityGirl

Shakti was just an awful film through and through. It would have failed regardless of who was in it IMHO.. I never managed to sit through that crap. I tried watching it for SRK and Karishma..couldn't.

I beg you to see the original. It is simply fantastic. It was so REAL and RAW, everything from the performances to the cast to the setting. It simpled failed to translate in the Hindi version.
The original is probably better, but Shakti left a real bad taste in my mouth..not sure if I want to see another version of it..

I think I know why you say that. It was too violent and even disturbing sometimes.
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
^exactly! it was way too violent for me..
.driftingaway IF-Sizzlerz
.driftingaway
.driftingaway

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
mehh, i think bunty aur babli was an awesome film on its own. Rani Mukherjee was at her prime back then too, i think the film worked because of the plot and the amazing chemistry between the main leads. I would have gladly watched BB without 2 minutes of Aishwarya in it. It could have been picturised on anyone, and still been a hit. Imo, 'Kajra re' was just an added bonus for the film but Rani and Abhishek did most of the work. Claiming the film was a hit only because of 'Aishwarya' is just absurd.  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickMrsNealCaffreyDexterkichokriIHeartDeepika.fire_gun

Go to top