Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

First Impression - Sept 19 ..Dreams !!

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 1:57am | IP Logged

Ola My Sweet Jalebi's Big smile

Since i missed y'day telecast, caught the repeat today..My First thought after watching the epi was WT* , Is this Sandhya for real or is she plain stupid ??  I mean she says, I do not want ur money, I am not asking u to send me any money.. Pray then, How will she manage, Since it appears she is not qualified to get a job that will pay for her roof n food as well as keep her decently clothed ??..Having a goal is fine , but shud it not be tempered with reality ??

I  Might be prejudiced but to me   varun stole the show, he was convincing as the brother  Ankur... One really felt for him when he expresses his helplessness   esp when he states that he is only 25 year old and he is unable to take on all the responsibility and is trying to do his level best ..By all rights we shud be feeling repulsed by  Ankur's selfishness but  Varun manages to  elicit feelings of sympathy towards him.

Sandhya...  her acting leaves a lot to be desired .. She needs to modulate her voice or we will have one shriek fest when she comes to Rathi's Household ..Plus the odd way of her holding her neck when she is  doing her  Shakthi the Power act .. Somehow .. she fails to bring the strength , her determination ..and what does she mean her parents dream, isn't this HER dream .. If it is her parents dream, then  why the urgency to fulfill it by shattering a living person's dream..it does not matter to the dead person's whether their dream  gets fulfilled or not while it sure makes one hell of a difference to the living person...

The Grape scene between siblings was good and so was the final card with which he punches  Sandhya, accusing her of breaking up a couple  !! I think  that will start Sandhya's  guilt trip and her acquiescence ..

Suraj.. I think I am rather getting tired of seeing him absorbing  everything, would like to see him reacting even a teeny weeny bit instead of plastering his smile  and comforting everyone..

Edited by tanthya - 20 September 2011 at 2:28am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.Tanyazb2011ssweety007vaishali.....

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Since i missed y'day telecast, caught the repeat today..My First thought after watching the epi was WT* , Is this Sandhya for real or is she plain stupid ??  I mean she says, I do not want ur money, I am not asking u to send me any money.. Pray then, How will she manage, Since it appears she is not qualified to get a job that will pay for her roof n food as well as keep her decently clothed ??..Having a goal is fine , but shud it not be tempered with reality ?? Just like Ankur, even Sandhya is very young, just 19, except studying she might not have thought about anything because her parents were there and were looking after her every needs.  In the absence of them, even Sandhya is helpless.  She does not want to give up her hopes of becoming an IPS officer and upset with the sudden change in her brother's behavior.  She just expressed that she will not be dependent on her brother.

I  Might be prejudiced but to me   varun stole the show, he was convincing as the brother  Ankur... One really felt for him when he expresses his helplessness   esp when he states that he is only 25 year old and he is unable to take on all the responsibility and is trying to do his level best ..By all rights we shud be feeling repulsed by  Ankur's selfishness but  Varun manages to  elicit feelings of sympathy towards him.  At present, selfishness has no part since Ankur has his US job ready in hand and he wants to set Sandhya safe in the society.  Wonder why no relatives, at least Ankitha's parents or some family friend who can advise them.  Ankur is just wrong in one thing.  Like him, even Sandhya is young and is younger to Ankur.  He being the elder one should be reassuring to her in the absence of his parents and not compel her to get married in just 15 days.

Sandhya...  her acting leaves a lot to be desired .. She needs to modulate her voice or we will have one shriek fest when she comes to Rathi's Household ..Plus the odd way of her holding her neck when she is  doing her  Shakthi the Power act .. Somehow .. she fails to bring the strength , her determination ..and what does she mean her parents dream, isn't this HER dream .. If it is her parents dream, then  why the urgency to fulfill it by shattering a living person's dream..it does not matter to the dead person's whether their dream  gets fulfilled or not while it sure makes one hell of a difference to the living person... I would not comment on acting as i am just an average viewer and story line is the most important for me.  Regarding dreams, she has full right to achieve her goal and she is not compelling her brother to give up his dreams.  Why are they not discussing other alternatives since it is just 2 years period for now?  Why do Ankur want her to just get married giving her no other option? 

The Grape scene between siblings was good and so was the final card with which he punches  Sandhya, accusing her of breaking up a couple  !! I think  that will start Sandhya's  guilt trip and her acquiescence ..  Sure, his final card will make him win.

Suraj.. I think I am rather getting tired of seeing him absorbing  everything, would like to see him reacting even a teeny weeny bit instead of plastering his smile  and comforting everyone.. Agree with you.  Do want to see any ever-sacrificing characters.  Though Suraj is not reacting, he is not completely sacrificing.  When Meenakshi told about the girl with a foot defect, he was shocked too.  He did buy a pendant for his fiancee too.

Do not know whether I replied appropriately or notBig smile.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_2691tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

Originally posted by tanthya

Since i missed y'day telecast, caught the repeat today..My First thought after watching the epi was WT* , Is this Sandhya for real or is she plain stupid ??  I mean she says, I do not want ur money, I am not asking u to send me any money.. Pray then, How will she manage, Since it appears she is not qualified to get a job that will pay for her roof n food as well as keep her decently clothed ??..Having a goal is fine , but shud it not be tempered with reality ?? Just like Ankur, even Sandhya is very young, just 19, except studying she might not have thought about anything because her parents were there and were looking after her every needs.  In the absence of them, even Sandhya is helpless.  She does not want to give up her hopes of becoming an IPS officer and upset with the sudden change in her brother's behavior.  She just expressed that she will not be dependent on her brother.

Agree with U ...She  has had a protected upbringing..but there were few earlier instance which showed her to be a thinking individual and not an obsessed individual.. That facet has to come to the fore .. she has to propose the alternatives...But U know Bharathi , in a way I am glad that they are shwing her this way instead of the all knowing heroine who has answers to everything ..got rather tired of that Smile

I  Might be prejudiced but to me   varun stole the show, he was convincing as the brother  Ankur... One really felt for him when he expresses his helplessness   esp when he states that he is only 25 year old and he is unable to take on all the responsibility and is trying to do his level best ..By all rights we shud be feeling repulsed by  Ankur's selfishness but  Varun manages to  elicit feelings of sympathy towards him.  At present, selfishness has no part since Ankur has his US job ready in hand and he wants to set Sandhya safe in the society.  Wonder why no relatives, at least Ankitha's parents or some family friend who can advise them.  Ankur is just wrong in one thing.  Like him, even Sandhya is young and is younger to Ankur.  He being the elder one should be reassuring to her in the absence of his parents and not compel her to get married in just 15 days.

@ Underlined ..I too wonder at it ..How about family friend's ?/..No one has  come to comfort them ..Simply unbelievable

Sandhya...  her acting leaves a lot to be desired .. She needs to modulate her voice or we will have one shriek fest when she comes to Rathi's Household ..Plus the odd way of her holding her neck when she is  doing her  Shakthi the Power act .. Somehow .. she fails to bring the strength , her determination ..and what does she mean her parents dream, isn't this HER dream .. If it is her parents dream, then  why the urgency to fulfill it by shattering a living person's dream..it does not matter to the dead person's whether their dream  gets fulfilled or not while it sure makes one hell of a difference to the living person... I would not comment on acting as i am just an average viewer and story line is the most important for me.  Regarding dreams, she has full right to achieve her goal and she is not compelling her brother to give up his dreams.  Why are they not discussing other alternatives since it is just 2 years period for now?  Why do Ankur want her to just get married giving her no other option? 

The Grape scene between siblings was good and so was the final card with which he punches  Sandhya, accusing her of breaking up a couple  !! I think  that will start Sandhya's  guilt trip and her acquiescence ..  Sure, his final card will make him win.

Suraj.. I think I am rather getting tired of seeing him absorbing  everything, would like to see him reacting even a teeny weeny bit instead of plastering his smile  and comforting everyone.. Agree with you.  Do want to see any ever-sacrificing characters.  Though Suraj is not reacting, he is not completely sacrificing.  When Meenakshi told about the girl with a foot defect, he was shocked too.  He did buy a pendant for his fiancee too.

Do not know whether I replied appropriately or notBig smile.

Hon, U know me, Have I ever stopped  anyone from posting  their own thoughts  in my threads ..Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

Amor. Coolbie
Amor.
Amor.

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
agreed with POV tanthya varun is very well sink into ankur , he's convincing in the role of the brother, still he dnt want her to live alone, if he wants he can go leaving all responsibilities but still he want her sister to be secured with her husband but sandhya is not getting all this she just want her dreams to be fullfilled.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index