India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

why khushi is so dumb? (Page 3)

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:25am | IP Logged
I think her not knowing English very well / fluently is actually quite a realistic touch to her character!

It has nothing to do with the fact that she comes from Lucknow, rather with the fact that she comes from a lower-middle class background and has probably been educated in a hindi-medium school!

There are many people even in metropolis like Delhi and Mumbai who cannot speak fluent English or even understand it properly! English is a popular language in India, but it is not as widely spoken and understood as hindi! Especially in Northern parts of India like UP, Rajasthan and Bihar.

Khushi's awkwardness with the language adds an endearing touch to her character and brings out the contrast between her and the rather sophisticated ASR even more!

Edited by poppy2009 - 20 September 2011 at 5:26am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

arvhemaAsmita88Afflatus.cricketfan1S.StephyFaraan92Starktastic

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
well said poppy! agree with ur response!

im clueless about da accents of different indian states so no comments on that aspect but da rest yeah cuz her drastic characteristics to ASR is one of da pullers which draws her towards him

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kamalika..

Kamalika.. IF-Rockerz
Kamalika..
Kamalika..

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged

I agree and honestly can not understand those who would disagree,would not even like to.

Its not at all necessary that someone who does not know english is dumb.

Can't believe I actually had to write something so obvious here.

[/QUOTE]
the problem is not that she does not know english. problem is she worked for ASR group of company as lavanya's assistance. how could she was doing job if she does not know english?Confused
--sunshine-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sunshine--
--sunshine--

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Well I seriously wish that CVs need to draw line for Khushi's character

They are meesing it up. I mean once they showed that she is super intelligent and on the other point they take palti and show that she dont know how to ven pronounce so common words.

Even if she has luckhnow accent then I have many lucknow literate friends those can pronounce these words without even stopping 2 times and then too totally wrong. Being resident of a place changes ur accent not ur pronouncing power as she was not able to speak Boyfriend.

Kamalika..

--sunshine-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sunshine--
--sunshine--

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppy2009

I think her not knowing English very well / fluently is actually quite a realistic touch to her character!

It has nothing to do with the fact that she comes from Lucknow, rather with the fact that she comes from a lower-middle class background and has probably been educated in a hindi-medium school!

There are many people even in metropolis like Delhi and Mumbai who cannot speak fluent English or even understand it properly! English is a popular language in India, but it is not as widely spoken and understood as hindi! Especially in Northern parts of India like UP, Rajasthan and Bihar.

Khushi's awkwardness with the language adds an endearing touch to her character and brings out the contrast between her and the rather sophisticated ASR even more!

To contrast I agree but its not at all realistic according to me. These days english is compulsory till 10 and till then people know how to pronounce basic words :)
Even in hindi medium school  english is taught. so for me its not realistic cz being attached to NGO I have seen such stuff =]

Kamalika..

cricketfan1 IF-Dazzler
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --sunshine--

Originally posted by poppy2009

To contrast I agree but its not at all realistic according to me. These days english is compulsory till 10 and till then people know how to pronounce basic words :)
Even in hindi medium school  english is taught. so for me its not realistic cz being attached to NGO I have seen such stuff =]

Then I am afraid you don't know anything about rural India...The circumstances there and the exposure they get is totally different...We were once in Trichinapalli/Tamilnadu looking for some directions to a place and the guy we asked the directions didn't even know simple words like 'yes'...And since we didn't know Tamil, we had to make do with hand gestures and whatever the broken tamil we knew...And the thing is Trichinapalli is not even that rural...just like Lucknow...
--sunshine-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sunshine--
--sunshine--

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cricketfan1

Then I am afraid you don't know anything about rural India...The circumstances there and the exposure they get is totally different...We were once in Trichinapalli/Tamilnadu looking for some directions to a place and the guy we asked the directions didn't even know simple words like 'yes'...And since we didn't know Tamil, we had to make do with hand gestures and whatever the broken tamil we knew...And the thing is Trichinapalli is not even that rural...just like Lucknow...

Well I accept that I dont knw much about rural area but if u go to lucknow then u will know that lucknow dont come into rural area. They showed Khushi living in proper luckhnowEmbarrassed. And u r  talking about south well they dont knw much hindi and about there english people those went to schoold knw how to speak english there and from ur talk I can tell that guy never went to school as in who dont knw yes or no thats for sure they never went to school and here they showed Khushi completing her studies.

BDW I have been to both places so there is alot of difference between these placesBig smile

Edited by --sunshine-- - 20 September 2011 at 6:09am
poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Who says English is complusory?Confused It is only in convent and public schools, that emphasis is paid on spoken english!

Most of the Government and State Board schools in India don't give a fig about how English is spoken, as long as the kids can sit for an English language exam and pass it! You might find it unbelievable, but even in the national capital of Delhi, most government schools teach all subjects like Maths, Science and Social Studies in Hindi and not in English!

English is just one of the many subjects that kids study! And most importantly, even today, people speak in either hindi or their native tounge at home and with their friends and not in English! Hence, it is very natural that people who have grown up speaking in Hindi most of thier life and have only studied English in school, will be comfortable speaking Hindi and not English!

The population you are talking about is a very, very small percentage...the kinds who come on India forum and post in English!

If you have ever interacted with the sales personnel in department stores or even called up one of those small-time call centres (any place in India), you will realize that even though they can technically speak in English, their pronounciation and diction is terrible! That is because, their knowledge of English only comes from the books they have studied in their schools!

Khushi working at ASR's office might or might not have anything to do with her knowing English. Thousands and Lakhs of people work in Corporate Offices, not everyone is supposed to know English well! It really depends on the kind of work one has and does!

Edited by poppy2009 - 20 September 2011 at 6:08am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1S.StephyPrinsesse.SuviFaraan92

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index