Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Hello Readers :)

I see all of us enjoy fiction but very few actually would even pick up non-fiction, but I'm sure all of us have read some non-fictions, if not for fun then for a class.

I think my absolute favorites have to be The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I don't know if I can call these my favorite because of the really sad and tragic subjects they deal with Cry I still can't stop my tears when I read them but they definitely stand out amongst non-fiction: Night by Elie Wiesel and A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer.

So which is your favorite non-fiction? And it is quite possible that the non-fictions rank low on your preference, but what I'm asking is amongst all the non-fictions you've read, which one is the best one? Your favorite one?

-Mahi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

avivakirk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite *non-fiction* ...?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

avivakirk

IF-Sizzlerz

Banned Upon Request

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

x.sunayna.x

IF-Dazzler

x.sunayna.x

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Although I definitely prefer fiction novels Inferno - The Devastation of Hamburg, 1943 is definitely my favorite non-fiction. I'm a huge fan of history, especially WWII, so it was amazing to read what really happened compared to what I've seen in movies. Left me teary eyed  :(

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
night was damnn good! i love all the holocaust memoirs..they're so haunting but good... its a tragedy what these ppl had to go thru

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
I tend to read  and like way more fictional work than non-fiction..it's just the kind of stuff I like...if I ever do manage to read some non-fiction it's mostly self improvement/ self help/ study books or autobiographies. Not really interested in anything else much...But my dad wants me to read stuff by Ayn Rand...he's also given me some Deepak chopra books, so might get around to reading...but I have like zero interest in it. LOL

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
ayn rand for me is the most depressing author everrr!  i cant ever get used to her work..
deepak chopra isnt too bad

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigrl05

ayn rand for me is the most depressing author everrr!  i cant ever get used to her work..
deepak chopra isnt too bad

Oh yea she is? That gives me yet another reason not to read it...plus I just feel I'll read Deepak chopra books when I get a little older..somehow not really interested right now...though my dad is like a HUGE DC fan. LOL

isomers

IF-Sizzlerz

isomers

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
The Burn Journals! It was the most depressing book I've ever read, but it has a good ending, i think..i can't remember clearly because it's been a while. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top