Mythological Masti

Favorite funny moment from RS Shri Krishna?

Poll

Which of these comedic scenes in RS Shri Krishna is your favorite?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
This one's self-explanatory πŸ˜† But again, feel free to (in fact, encouraged to) discuss the scenes at length and mention others that I missed!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome thread, Lola!

I've torn between the sneezing one and Krishna's chutney, but I ended up voting for this: Makhan Chori plan foiled when Krishna's friend sneezes. That scene had me rolling in laughter and it was just so cute and funny, the poor friend!🀣
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I go with MurliManohar. Acting of both SDB and the awesome actor playing Sudama is brilliant and the sequence is very LONG and also covers both devotion and debates. Lovely lovely teasers by friend. And particularly Sudama's expressions. Lol. Real fun every time we watch it.

And next choice would have obviously been Makhanchori and Vastraharan plans and Maiya mori surroundings. And that Kans lol. Vishnu Vishnu. Saap saap. 🀣 Among others, Krishna's dialog with Kans in the akhaadaa. Nahi raajan. Hame raajneeti ka bhi gyaan hai. Kans was stunned and silent in debate. 😊 Then running away from Kaalyavan.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
arun-deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Again a difficult choice.

What is the best thing aboout our mythos is whether the scene is funny or sad. But both teach us some great teaching of bhakti hidden inside it.
I go with when Gopis tell Krishna to dance on chachiya bhar chaach.
On one hand the scene is quite funny, but if u go into its deep, U'll know the importance of the scene. The scene seems obviously funny, but its great bcoz on one hand again like Shabri frm RAMAYAN it breaks the bandhans btw bhakt and bhagwan.
If you look, Krishna is the son of NandRai, who is the head of Brij. But then also they tie Krishna and tell him to dance, which is not possible under ordinary situation. So, it tells true love sees no difference in order/position. Also the thing which is difficult for Mahesh, Dinesh. As Raskhan's pad (chachiya bhar chaach pe naach nachaave.)  and lots of other gyaanis and sages who spen 1000s of years in meditating for this Lord. But, they cant catch his depth, these young and innocent gwalins fetch him in a single second, and not only they fetch him,, but make him do what they likeπŸ˜†Such a cute and meaningful scene!πŸ‘ Again hats off to the directionπŸ‘  
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Again, beautiful responses guys πŸ‘ Gunu, yours in particular was so detailed an spot-on... well said! That is definitely among my most favorite moments from this category for all the reasons you mentioned... but you all know which one I picked πŸ˜‰ Went with the lead-in for the uprooting of the Yamlarjuna trees, all the way from "maiya maine matki phodi" to the chase to the "main baandh lun?" That kid was tooo funny and captured that natkhat personality of little Kanha perfectly, and the fact that they kept his real kiddie voice made it even more appealing for me... then the classic victory dance that so reminded me of myself, SDB's cowering in fear in Golok and giving us an early indication of his comedy skills, and the very very meaningful message it culminates in about "do angul ka faasla"... one of my FAV monologues from the entire show, it puts such the concept of surrender so simply and beautifully 😍 So, like Gunu's choice, this one's my pick for its ingenious blending of of entertainment and education... Daau, this is your cue to elaborate on your karmyog interpretation of the maakhan chor senapati scenes and the deeper side of Murli Manohar's masti πŸ˜‰
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Of course. As such the poll is "Favourite funny moment", we can choose anyone which is our favourite. It should be our favourite and it should be funny. The reason for it being our favourite need not exactly be the extent of laughter generated but even the message or devotion or subtality of knowledge in the scene. But I chose Murli Manohar strictly on the basis of or criteria of its laughter generating capacity and length of laughter or fun in isolation of other criteria of liking the scene. If such is the case, then my vote should change to Makhanchor (My favourite Krishna kid - not the matki phodu one) i.e. Pre Makhanchori raas with mother Gopis or Akrur scene. So I would say I haven't voted for my most favourite funny scene but for the most funny scene in my view intellectually. And in that case nobody can choose Kans's humours irrespective of amount of laughter because of lack of bliss in the scene.Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago