Favorite devotional moment from RS Ramayan?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Which RSR Bhakt-Bhagwan scene(s) have the greatest impact on you?

Poll Choice
Shri Ram and Kevat
Bharat asks for Shri Ram's sandals
Shri Ram, Sita Mata, and Lakshman visit Valmiki, Aranya Kand
Shri Ram meets Shabri
First meeting of Ram and Hanuman
Surrender and acceptance of Vibhishan
Sita Mata blesses Hanuman with Shri Ram's affection
Hanuman back from Lanka, asks Shri Ram for eternal devotion
SiyaRam reveal themselves in Hanuman's heart post-coronation
Other - Please specify
Login To Vote
Posted: 12 years ago
Devotional moments are arguably RS Ramayan's specialty... the entire show exuded bhakti, and the poignant scenes between Bhakt and Bhagwaan form some of our fondest mytho memories. Which of them has the greatest impact on you, filling you with inspiration and emotion anew upon each viewing (no matter how many times you've watched it before)? Multiple choices are allowed (I wouldn't be able to participate, otherwise πŸ˜†), but please to provide details on what each of them means to you and feel free to cite specific dialogues and discuss them at length. Can't wait to read your responses!
It is really difficult to choose because every moment in Ramayan is a devotional moment

But I would choose Ram and Kevat wfor its symbolic moment

Utrai main mudrika deeni
Kevat ne vapis kar deeni
Tum aaye ho ghaat hamaare 
Ham aayenge ghat tuhare
Tab tum par utaaro Ram

The thought of tying the lord in a promise not not excepting anything less then Moksha in return of taking him across Ganga

Also I like the part when Seeta seeks blessings of Ganga while going for vanvas, the chopai of that portion is very sweet I will post it if IU get it
πŸ‘All of the above.😊

But if I have to make choice, still for me it is easy to choose. I have picked Shabari. The scene which never misses to bring tears in eyes both when Ram arrives and when Shabari mata leaves them and also in between those berries.😭 πŸ‘ β€οΈ πŸ˜ The best part is Shabari's welcome with tears on Ram's feet. Then the same background music while spreading flowers continued further. Then Shabari's expressions of pride and joy when Ram praises her or her Guru talking to Lakshman. In the end Shabari asking for 'Bhakti ka Gyan' then Ram saying "Mai aapko kya gyan de sakta hun?", Guru Matang's tej punj, Navadhaa bhakti song. Just about everything. And then the commentary of Ramanand Sagar immediately after that. "Jis desh me Ramayan jaisi mahaan gatha gayee jati ho, us desh me, jaati paati ya oonch neech ki baat koi mere samne kare, to vishwaas nahi hota. Jo Ramayan ko manta hai, wo kabhi aisa soch nahi sakta, kabhih aisa kar nahi sakta, aisi meri maanyataa hai aur apeksha bhi. Jai Ramji ki."

Among others, Ahalya uddhar (great music as always and great silence around in the jungle in the dialog part making us feel the situation), Sita in Gauri mandir (my most favourite song), Sita in the balcony looking at Ram near the Shivdhanush, Sharbhang & Sutikshna and Vali's death - Janam janam muni jatanu karaai, ant Ram kahi aavat naahi.

And agreed with Nandiniji. Tav charanan ki mahima nyaari, sparas paaye paathar bhayo naari... Dhobi se dhobi na let dhulaai. Ultimate direction and depiction of devotion. And that Hemlata's voice in each and every song involving Sitaji (her voice or Gauri mata or Ganga mata). Mind blowing. Sunu Raghuveer priyaa Vaidehi, tav prabhaau jag vidit na kehi... Then that sweet soft Praannath devar sahit... I feel as if actually the river is speaking this when the river is shown on the screen (in old version of CD).
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
I vote for 'Shabari' and 'Sita blessing Hanuman'...like mentioned, RSR is full of devotional moments that it's really hard to choose, but I feel these two scenes were BEST portrayed by the actors.πŸ‘ After all, no matter how well a scene is written on script, it does not come alive to us viewers unless the actors portray it well, and in these two scenes, Arun, Deepika, Dara Singh, and even the lady playing Shabari were all at the peak of perfection.😍

I agree wth u 100% that RSR is filled with bhakti rasa, that every bhat is literally 'lalayit' to have dis nectar😍

Actually I cant choose just one scene, bcoz every scene is so b'ful and has its own diff meaning but yet wth one same feeling i.e. unending innocent love for the Lord

Though I have voted for Shabri Ramji scene. but my heart says that I vote all of dem coz I have my specific reason to vote dem all..bt as I cant I will elucidate that why I voted Shabri-Ramji.
I think its such a b'ful scene in RAMAYAN, as Shivang bhaiya said, it can bring tears to your eyes. Shabri had full faith on her Guru's words. I think in devotion faith for your Guru and Lord is inevitable. If u r true in your faith God definitely comes to ur doorsteps.
Also, the scene signifies, that God never distinguishes craetures on the basis of their varna, area, religion, he just sees pure love for him. Thats why he eats shabri's jhoote ber coz after all sabse oonchi prem sagaai.

Also, I wud like to include or u can say vote for one more scene, i.e. When Hanumanji gives the new of Seeta ma's situation in Lanka to Shri Ram, and when Shri Ram gives him loads of love, he becomes emotional and he just wants to lay down on the lotus feets of the Lord. Naath bhagati ati sukhdayini. Its also an important scene because it tells about the beautiful trelation btw Hari and Har. It tells the devotion of Sankar suvan Hanumaji, that how Shivji himself feels the sparsh of Ramji's hand and feels very happy in his heart to have that divine touch. This scene is so imp that the next line says, yeh samvaad jasu ur aava Raghupati charan bhagati soyi paava. It means the scene is so much filled wth bhakti rasa, that merely hearing of this doha or scene wth full devotion can give your Ramji's devotion for all ur life.
Arun and Dara Singhji's expression were also too good in the scene. Very vetryb'fully directed by RSjiπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Lovely choices and explanations so far guys, thoroughly enjoying them 😍 If I had to guess, I knew Shabri was going to be a huge favorite :P

I was torn between Bharat Milaap/Ram Bhakt le chala re and Hanuman's return from Lanka/Naath Bhagati ati sukh daayini. Goes without saying that Sanjay Jog and Dara Singh both made magic in devotional scenes, that innocence and humility they brought to them made them really heartfelt... and Arun always excelled at conveying benevolence and warmth that those scenes needed, so that's a factor.

With Bharat Milaap, the way it's kind of the culmination of this extended discourse on love/devotion/surrender starting with when he left Ayodhya... his journey from being childlike and somewhat ignorant by thinking that in his love, he would surrender the throne to its rightful owner - to becoming fully realized and understanding that no matter where Shri Ram was physically, he always was and would always be in control and requesting the charan paadukas as a reminder of that... makes the moment all the more special and touching. It's like a devotee's graduation ceremony πŸ˜πŸ˜†

But... I voted for Hanuman's return from his first visit to Lanka, and asking Shri Ram for eternal devotion. That scene is SO moving, I can't even describe it coherently. Hanumanji's eyes are piercing with the urgency of a devotee who wants nothing but his lord, and Shri Ram's are affectionate and assuring as a father's towards his children... when I try to picture mukti, that's what it looks like in my head. Sitting at God's feet forever and receiving his grace and personalized parental affection. And as Gunu described, the chaupaais we hear in the background further empower the moment... baar baar prabhu chahayi uthaava, prem magan tehi uthava na bhaava 😭😍❀️ 'Nuff said!

And right up with them is the Kevat scene for all the reasons Nandini mentioned. Such a playful leela yet so full of devotion, especially the ending with the Kevat's request! Love it.
And I expected lots& lots of votes for that Hanumanji scene and Bharat milaap. All devotional scenes are awesome but those have special significance. Nevertheless my choice remains that of Shabari easily because we have more than one scenes depticting devotion of Hanumanji (who is personification himself of Bhakti Gyan & Karm) and beauty of HariHar relationship (and magic of Dara Singh) and that one is the best one among those many. And Bharat milaap scene has sacrifice & maadhurya or Daasya Bhaav. But you know how far I am attracted to Shaant Bhaav Bhakti of sages (and Aranya Kand) compared to that exempt form of devotion of friends & relatives. Shabari scene has both Sagun & Nirgun Bhakti. It doesn't have Saamipya but Saayujya concept but that little moment of meeting incorporates Saamipya also temporarily after long wait. So that scene has feeling of wider coverage of concepts of choice. One can say being Sagunopaasak is natural or easier choice but Nirgunopaasak is noway inferior (unless he thinks that is the only way like Uddhav - but then I am also not completely with Gopi's stance in those Uddhav episodes that Sagun Bhakti is the only way - my interpretation is only that Uddhav got the realization that his pride that Niraakaar Bhakti only is the right approach was broken.). And the actress playing Shabri is not behind Dara Singh & Sanjay Jog by an inch even and Arun Govil is equally best & divine looking in all. Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Voted fo rthe second last

SiyaRam reveal themselves in Hanuman's heart post-coronation