Mythological Masti

Favorite mythological backstory from AS Ramayan

Poll Question: In your opinion, which extra mythological tale was told best in ASR?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
One of the positive aspects of this remakes was its inclusion of various mythological "origin stories" that explained what, in a particular character's past (or past life), caused the situation that he or she was currently facing. They were drawn from different sources and served as interesting sidenotes to the main plot. So... which one(s) do you guys think was/were most engaging, and why? Is it the story itself that interests you because of its uniqueness or a particular message it gives, was the presentation especially good in terms of graphics and attention to detail, did it explain something you were always curious about? Looking forward to all of your intelligent responses!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

...Mina.....RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite mythological backstory from AS Ramayan" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Vishnu defeats Mali.  #1-3 were fine as well, w/ #4, my only problems was Vashistha, rather than Sumantra, narrating it.  Jaya & Vijaya's curse - my only problem w/ it was the curse stating that they'd be born as rakshashas all 3 times, which wasn't the case w/ Sishupala & Dantavatra (even if one gives them a pass over them not showing JV being given a choice of 1000 births as Vishnu devotees or 3 births as Vishnu's enemies)  Shiva-Sati story, they made Sati more headstrong and also, she didn't jump into the yagna fire itself, as they showed.  Shiva's boon to Madhu would have been my #2 choice.  Had we been given multiple options, I'd have selected 1, 2, 3, and 8, in addition to the above.

Incidentally, #4, 5, 7 & 8 are in my YT channel

Edited by _Vrish_ - 21 September 2011 at 2:53am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Nice thread, Lola!

For me, it would be a tie between Vedavati's curse on Ravan and Vishnu defeating Mali. Both those stories were shown really well and the make-up of the actors was also authentic.Clap Since Vrish voted for the Mali one however, I'll give Vedavati a vote.

Would the Ram-Hanuman Yudh count as a back story as well? Though it was a part of Uttar Kand, it's not in any of the main sources so I've often wondered where it came from.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Rama-Hanuman yudh would also have been a backstory, as would have been the Hanuman playing w/ sindoor episode.  The latter was shown well, but the former was ridiculously shown, which may be the other reason Lola didn't list it (the first being that she had forgotten about it LOL)

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Rama-Hanuman yudh would also have been a backstory, as would have been the Hanuman playing w/ sindoor episode.  The latter was shown well, but the former was ridiculously shown, which may be the other reason Lola didn't list it (the first being that she had forgotten about it LOL)

The Ram-Hanuman yudh wasn't actually that bad in my opinion...yeah, it could have been taken better, but I'm comparing it to this one mytho movie (very old one), called Ramanjaneya Yuddham, and its characterization of the vanaras and even Rama had me Wacko. They actually had one of the vanaras (I think it was Angad) tell Lakshman that the vanaras had no relationship with Rama and they were not bound to any sort of loyalty to him, that all their connections were cut off after Ravan's death.Shocked I'm not sure if the dialogue was exactly like this, but the gist of it was the same. Some of the songs in the movie were great, but the characterizations were terribly off.

I loved the Sindoor episode, so I would prob have voted for it had Lola included it on the list.Clap

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
^^ Actually, the reason I didn't include either of those episodes was because I am asking about backstories - not sidestories LOL As I sorta kinda mentioned but could've done so more clearly in the first post, I am interested in those stories which - if presented in linear form - would have occurred before Vishnu descended as Ram and caused/contributed to incidents that took place during his incarnation (ambiguity about Sati resulting from the stories of her appearance in Aranya Kand notwithstanding; if Sita's telling it as a bedtime story it then the writers are going with the versions that put it well before her time). Bharat's injury, Ram and Hanuman's battle (which for the record I did not enjoy at all), and the Sindoor episode (which I really DID like) all occurred during Ram Avtaar.

Anywho, I picked the Narad-Vishwamohini one. That one, Jay-Vijay, and Bhrigu's curse were the ones I was most familiar to begin with, and the latter two I had seen onscreen before so it was nice to have this one depicted in a mytho for the first time. They did a good job with the bit part actors like Vishwamohini and her parents, felt legit and into character... I only wish the Narad actor was better but you can't win 'em all LOL And more importantly I liked the message.

Second choice would've been Vedvati 'cuz Debina rocked it, but I can't take it seriously enough because of the perfectly blunt sliced ponytail they keep focusing on :/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.