Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Meeting the stars of Hum Tum Aur Shabana

Sadia.khan IF-Dazzler
Sadia.khan
Sadia.khan

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Meeting the stars of Hum Tum Aur Shabana

"It's a rom-com," says the director. "The promos of the film might make you think that it is a love triangle. But it is a lot more than that, I assure you," he confirms about his movie.

We catch up with the star cast of Hum Tum Aur Shabana to know more about their film.

Minissha Lamba
"It is a lovely story. When Sagar approached me for the role, I accepted it immediately, because I loved the script", gushes Minissha. "I play the central character in the film. I haven't done anything like this in the past. I play a girl called Shabana, who participates in a pageant without knowledge of the basics of modeling".

"It's not a male-dominated film", she adds. "When you watch a comedy, you think it is a male-dominated film, but in this one, I have the title role. The movie also has emotion, drama and some action. It is a complete package."

I won't do a bikini scene ever again!
There has been a lot of hoopla over Minissha refusing to do a bikini scene in this flick, whereas she had previously donned one in Kidnap. She explains, "Yes, there was a scene where I had to wear a bikini and walk the ramp. However, I had some reservations about it. When I expressed my doubts over this to Sagar, he was kind enough to accommodate them. Although it is obvious that a beauty pageant will have a swimsuit round, I was reluctant to do so. I donned a bikini in Kidnap, but I don't believe in repeating things. That would be boring."

Tusshar Kapoor
The actor has been seen in several comic roles lately, and people love him for it. "People usually associate me with comedies", agrees Tusshar. "If I do something serious, then it becomes hard for them to associate me with such cinema. When they see me in Hum Tum Aur Shabana, they will know that I have something different to do here. I play a character called Rishi, who is crazy about Shabana and wants to woo her."

Is it a remake of Deewana Mastana?
Tusshar denies any claims that Hum Tum Aur Shabana is a remake of the Anil-Govinda hit Deewana-Mastana. "Many people have asked me if the movie is a remake of Deewana-Mastana, but our film has nothing to do with it. The second half of our film has an amazing twist that completely turns things around," asserts Tusshar.

Hum Tum aur Ek Dirty Picture
Tusshar is knee deep in work right now, as two of his films – Hum Tum Aur Shabana and The Dirty Picture – are almost ready to hit the theatres. We ask Tusshar what he thinks is the difference between both his roles, and what are the similarities. "The Dirty Picture is totally different from Hum Tum Aur Shabana," says Tusshar. "The Dirty Picture is more about lust and sexuality, and it is based on a real life person, whereas Hum Tum Aur Shabana is a fun-filled, fictional film. Both my characters are totally different. In Hum Tum Aur Shabana, I play a smart guy wooing a woman, whereas in The Dirty Picture, I play an innocent one."

Shreyas Talpade
Shreyas is also back at doing what he does best – making us laugh – with this movie. "I play a character called Karthik who is, like everyone else, madly in love with Shabana," says Shreyas. "Karthik sees her, and falls in love with her immediately. The movie is about how both, Karthik and Rishi, try wooing Shabana to be with them."

Hum Tum Aur Shabana will hit the theatres on September 23, 2011. Watch out for this romantic comedy, folks!

http://stargold.startv.in/superstar/NewsDetails.aspx?nid=2245

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

bamboocopter IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top