Diya Aur Baati Hum

What about Ankur's dream?? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 12

nayhaj

nayhaj

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
hes got every right to dream but he cant tread on his sisters dream to fulfill his..the only way isnt to get sandhya married...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tanthya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What about Ankur's dream?? (Page 6)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nayhaj

hes got every right to dream but he cant tread on his sisters dream to fulfill his..the only way isnt to get sandhya married...

Both need to approach it sensibly ..which ain't happening so far ... Yup !! The marriage shud be last resort  ..donno why  CV's are not exploring other option's..

-Sheena-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sheena-

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

Thanks for the post tanthya.

I do not think Ankur is selfish.  He is rather practical and whatever he said was correct but the only thing that does not gel well is now he is the only blood relative and support for Sandhya and him arranging the marriage in just 15 days.  No sensible brother would do this.  Things may go wrong with hasty marriages.  It would be okay if the marriage is arranged in a family well known to them or a close relative but that is not the case here.  Also, Ankur is not going to US for long, he said just two years, then why hurry.  He can make some other arrangements like living with any relatives also.

I also thought Sandhya would offer to stay in PG or hostel.  Donno whether they will present this idea in tomorrow's epi or not.  But in Ankur's point of view, marriage would be the best solution for relieving his responsibilities fully.

I agree that marriages that are done in haste can end in disaster..But when someone is focussed on a single matter like Ankur is about leaving for the US, nothing else seems to matter..Mind becomes blurred in your own vision..15 days seems short but I know of marriages which are done and arranged in 7 days..

He seems to feel responsible for his sister and conveniently the only solution for him is marriage and absolve his responsibility..Most who go abroad never return..So his long term plan may be to remain abroad and not having responsibility back home, in this case Sandhya..

Tanths, these are what ifs only but opposite can also happen..As an elder brother, his moral duty should be his sister's welfare and not his convenience...Even if marriage is the solution then it should not come in expense of Sandhya's future...

Sorry dont make much sense...

EDIT: Its ages since i have replied to one of your posts...hehehehe feels good...a tonic to the heart and mind...WinkTongue

Edited by starlight123 - 21 September 2011 at 10:06am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vcoolwaterb2011ssweety007tanthya

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starlight123

Thanks for the post tanthya.

I do not think Ankur is selfish.  He is rather practical and whatever he said was correct but the only thing that does not gel well is now he is the only blood relative and support for Sandhya and him arranging the marriage in just 15 days.  No sensible brother would do this.  Things may go wrong with hasty marriages.  It would be okay if the marriage is arranged in a family well known to them or a close relative but that is not the case here.  Also, Ankur is not going to US for long, he said just two years, then why hurry.  He can make some other arrangements like living with any relatives also.

I also thought Sandhya would offer to stay in PG or hostel.  Donno whether they will present this idea in tomorrow's epi or not.  But in Ankur's point of view, marriage would be the best solution for relieving his responsibilities fully.

I agree that marriages that are done in haste can end in disaster..But when someone is focussed on a single matter like Ankur is about leaving for the US, nothing else seems to matter..Mind becomes blurred in your own vision..15 days seems short but I know of marriages which are done and arranged in 7 days..

Bilkul , Sheeens..I was waiting for someone to state this very simple fact.. when  Pressure begins to mount and tension grips u.. U tend to lose the ability to think various alternatives..Ur mind just focuses on one thing  and is stuck in a rut ..The obsession deprving u of the full usage of ur faculties ...Trust My SS to come up with this thought ..Big smile

He seems to feel responsible for his sister and conveniently the only solution for him is marriage and absolve his responsibility..Most who go abroad never return..So his long term plan may be to remain abroad and not having responsibility back home, in this case Sandhya..

Neither  does he want anyone accusing him of shirking any responsibility .. so Marriage is a way of getting two birds with one stone..He   can go to US and at the same time  he has discharged his brotherly duty of getting his sister married..

Tanths, these are what ifs only but opposite can also happen..As an elder brother, his moral duty should be his sister's welfare and not his convenience...Even if marriage is the solution then it should not come in expense of Sandhya's future...

Agreed, Sister's welfare   is important .. hence  the attempt in finding a good match...He is concerned about her welfare but doe not give a damn about her dreams  whereas for Sandhya her whole life seems to spin around her dreams without an iota of reality intruding into it..

Sorry dont make much sense...

EDIT: Its ages since i have replied to one of your posts...hehehehe feels good...a tonic to the heart and mind...WinkTongue

It is almost like old times ..Smile

Edited by tanthya - 21 September 2011 at 10:09pm

b2011

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 1:37am | IP Logged

Memorable movie and characters even after so many years.  I liked Revathy and Karthik much.

Regarding the show, wonder whether the channel or directors take these feedbacks regarding acting of the actors as we are getting more feedbacks on Bhabho shreikig and also Deepika needing improvement.

I too loved karthik and Revathy  when I was in School ..esp loved his dialogue ..ippo thaan thonudhu nee romba azhaga irrukke -nnu ..etc etc LOLLOLLOL  or the declaration in the library ..

But  began to appreciate Mohan more after my Marriage Big smile..

Bhabho is capable of more..I just think the director is inept AngryAngry

b2011

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Tantha, b2011,

All that discussion on Mouna Raagam had me scouring through youtube and I saw some parts of the film once again! I cannot believe that even after more than 20 years, that film not only looks fresh, but also seems so relevant!Shocked Its like a visual treatise on an arranged marriage! That's Mani Sir, for you!

Deepika needs improvement, pronto! Her expression's and dialouge delivery are very weak, to say the least! And one cannot give the excuse that she is new ect, ect! There are many newcomers who do a spectacular job in their first show itself! Besides, the girl also lacks in screen-presence!

I am counting on some good chemistry between Anas and Deepika...they do look very nice in the title song! And sometimes, when you are opposite a good actor, it kinds of rubs off on you! Lets wait and see!

Bhabho seems to have calmed down a bit in yesterday's episode!

Edited by poppy2009 - 22 September 2011 at 1:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_9126b2011tanthya

-Wanderer-

IF-Dazzler

-Wanderer-

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Originally posted by crazyfairy

Ankur has complete right to fulfil his dream. But overlooking his sister's needs just because she is vulnerable? Certainly not.
It is his responsibility to look after his sister's dreams.
Hurrying to marry her off so that he can go to the U.S.? That is plainly SELFISH and cannot be forgiven.
Another things, many Indians are too overwhelmed by the west but the truth is India is nowhere behind as far as quality of jobs and stuff are concerned...

Hi Crazyfairy Smile ..

Similarly Sandhya has no right to be a roadblock to his ambition ... As i mentioned in the initial post..there is a way in which both can fulfill their ambition  ...

I do not think he is overlooking,,,He is trying to do the best he can in the given time ... despiet her goal the  ultimate thing is Sandhya will get married, his thinking is   , she is going to get married anyhow so why not now ??

It is his responsibility to look after his sister, Crazyfairy and he is doing it to the best of his abilities

Absolutely agree, the decision of marriage is hasty and is unacceptable ..

Dear India leads in IT ..I know that  and lots of youngsters are now opting to stay over here itself..but in   small towns and rural areas US  is the proverbial El Dorado Smile
Hi Tanthya!Smile
You have put forward your points really well, though we do not seem to agree totally.
Sandhya never demnded her brother to give up his dream but she can rightfully expect him to be a responsible guardian as she is not yet financially independant.
Why is it that Ankur thinks that marriage is the primary concern for his sister's future?
He as a brother should believe in her and encourage her.
It is so bad of him to marry off her in 15 days and leave for U.S. What if the family is not good? What if Sandhya needs him?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_9126b2011tanthya

feeb

Groupbie

feeb

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 7:31am | IP Logged
i agree both sandhya & ankur's wife have 4got10 ankur's dream. sandhya jsut happily assumed ankur will 4get about his dreams & help her . we have people saying if ankur loved his sis he would forgo his dream, why not the other way round, sandhya knows how imp going to USA is for ankur, she could have tried to convince him to let her stay in hostel or pg or get a job & wait for him to come back from the us ,so help her support her dreams
instead all they had were arguments, she could have convinced her babhi she will manage alone here, pls join my brother since my parents mortaged the house for ur trip. it would have worked out jsut fine, but after all this is a serial

tanthya

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.