Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

What about Ankur's dream?? (Page 5)

-Wanderer- IF-Dazzler
-Wanderer-
-Wanderer-

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Ankur has complete right to fulfil his dream. But overlooking his sister's needs just because she is vulnerable? Certainly not.
It is his responsibility to look after his sister's dreams.
Hurrying to marry her off so that he can go to the U.S.? That is plainly SELFISH and cannot be forgiven.
Another things, many Indians are too overwhelmed by the west but the truth is India is nowhere behind as far as quality of jobs and stuff are concerned...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazyfairy

Ankur has complete right to fulfil his dream. But overlooking his sister's needs just because she is vulnerable? Certainly not.
It is his responsibility to look after his sister's dreams.
Hurrying to marry her off so that he can go to the U.S.? That is plainly SELFISH and cannot be forgiven.
Another things, many Indians are too overwhelmed by the west but the truth is India is nowhere behind as far as quality of jobs and stuff are concerned...

Hi Crazyfairy Smile ..

Similarly Sandhya has no right to be a roadblock to his ambition ... As i mentioned in the initial post..there is a way in which both can fulfill their ambition  ...

I do not think he is overlooking,,,He is trying to do the best he can in the given time ... despiet her goal the  ultimate thing is Sandhya will get married, his thinking is   , she is going to get married anyhow so why not now ??

It is his responsibility to look after his sister, Crazyfairy and he is doing it to the best of his abilities

Absolutely agree, the decision of marriage is hasty and is unacceptable ..

Dear India leads in IT ..I know that  and lots of youngsters are now opting to stay over here itself..but in   small towns and rural areas US  is the proverbial El Dorado Smile

b2011-Wanderer-

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppy2009

Hi Tanthya,

Lovely post, as usual!

Even I don't think that Ankur is being selfish! Infact, he is being very practical and his argument in favour of going to US was quite solid! Sandhya might be talented and smart, but she is still talking in the air, while Ankur has the oppourtunity in his hands right now!

Also, I did not understand on what basis did Ankita support Sandhya instead of her own husband! It was very unrealistic! What wife would choose to stay with her sister-in-law instead of her husband?Confused

What I did find odd was Ankur wanting to get Sandhya married off so soon, because he wants to leave for the US! Don't they have a single living relative? Or as you said, put her into some hostel or something! Marriage is a huge decision and to get a 19 year old married off in a span of a fortnight is quite questionable!

But I suppose, the creatives had little other option to show Sandhya and Suraj's wedding! Ankur will probably get to know about Suraj's background and yet get Sandhya married to him, because of the time limit!

Hi Poppy,

U watch  DABH too Big smileBig smile... So glad to see u here

Completely agree with ur summation ..even i cant fathom the lack of relatives  !!Confused
poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
I am an on and off Star Plus viewer! Nowadays, its DABH, IPKKND and Pratigya!Big smile

Expecting logic from our shows is probably stretching it too much for the production houses and channels who make these shows!LOL

I like Sandhya's character but the actress needs to seriously brush up on her acting skills...somehow I find it very tough to smypathize with her. Confused

She lacks in emotion when acting and just doesn't connect to the viewer! Unlike the brother and even Suraj, who are both good actors and manage to leave an impression!

Or maybe, the creatives are deliberately showing Sandhya to be an obstinate sort of girl, who cannot see other's pov that easily! For this would make for interesting viewing later on, when she is forced into marriage to Suraj, who is her complete opposite!

As of now, if the creatives are expecting the viewers to be sympathetic towards Sandhya, because her brother is not adhering to her wishes, they are failing totally, IMO! Ankur pov has a lot of solid logic than Sandhya's general rambling about fulfilling her dreams!

Totally off the point here, but somehow this reminds me of an old Mani Ratnam film, Mouna Raagam, which had Revathy playing a tantrum throwing, egoistic and rather opinionated young girl forced to marry someone against her wishes! The husband turns out to be a real peach and she gives him hell for being such a nice, caring and understanding guy! 

It was such a wonderful film...I wish, they would show something like that in DABH! (And also get on with that entire IPS thing on side!)

Edited by poppy2009 - 20 September 2011 at 7:53am

b2011tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppy2009

I am an on and off Star Plus viewer! Nowadays, its DABH, IPKKND and Pratigya!Big smile

Expecting logic from our shows is probably stretching it too much for the production houses and channels who make these shows!LOL

I like Sandhya's character but the actress needs to seriously brush up on her acting skills...somehow I find it very tough to smypathize with her. Confused

She lacks in emotion when acting and just doesn't connect to the viewer! Unlike the brother and even Suraj, who are both good actors and manage to leave an impression!

Or maybe, the creatives are deliberately showing Sandhya to be an obstinate sort of girl, who cannot see other's pov that easily! For this would make for interesting viewing later on, when she is forced into marriage to Suraj, who is her complete opposite!

As of now, if the creatives are expecting the viewers to be sympathetic towards Sandhya, because her brother is not adhering to her wishes, they are failing totally, IMO! Ankur pov has a lot of solid logic than Sandhya's general rambling about fulfilling her dreams!

Totally off the point here, but somehow this reminds me of an old Mani Ratnam film, Mouna Raagam, which had Revathy playing a tantrum throwing, egoistic and rather opinionated young girl forced to marry someone against her wishes! The husband turns out to be a real peach and she gives him hell for being a good husband!

It was such a wonderful film...I wish, they would show something like that in DABH! (And also get on with that entire IPS thing on side!)

U r a Tamilian tooo ShockedBig smileBig smileBig smileHug..

Mouna raagam is one my  favorite film..A film  I can see always ..Loved  Mohan and Karthik   ..Haa..the Husband is a peach..but don't forget he gets passive aggressive when Revathy  begins to thaw ... Gosh.. what have U done, Poppy..now i got to see That movie again Day Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Yes, I am a Tam-Brahm! But from Trichur (Kerala), so my Tamil is very different from the one spoken in proper Tamil Nadu!Smile Besides, having been born and brought up in Delhi, more or less of a Northie now!LOL

If i say that I love Mouna Raagam, it would be an understatement!Embarrassed I have seen it like about 2 dozen times and have fallen in love with Mohan's character every time I have watched it! And Karthik's too! Not to forget, Revathy's inimitable Divya! The ultimate child-woman! She is one of the best female character's ever created!

The best part of the film begins when Mohan's character turns the table on his wife...I love that scene where Revathy wears the anklets he gifted her and comes to show him and he blasts her off!Shocked

I think only Mani has the ability to create characters and situations who stay with you for this long!Star

b2011

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Memorable movie and characters even after so many years.  I liked Revathy and Karthik much.

Regarding the show, wonder whether the channel or directors take these feedbacks regarding acting of the actors as we are getting more feedbacks on Bhabho shreikig and also Deepika needing improvement.

Edited by b2011 - 20 September 2011 at 8:18am

tanthya

arshi_karish IF-Rockerz
arshi_karish
arshi_karish

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
thnxxx for sharing ur viewzzz...Smile

tanthya

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index