tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssweety007

Originally posted by tanthya

Originally posted by ssweety007

thanks dii for the postBig smile
Agree to the points of Ankur...but marriage is definitely not the answer...
Here luckily for Sandhya...she gets a good life partner in Suraj...but everyone wont be this lucky...if she had problems in her marital life...the entire blame would be on Ankur...he'll be the only one responsible...

Even i felt the same thing...actually both of them can realize their dream...
Sandhya can opt for either a hostel facility or PG...else she can also stay with some relatives... it is not that dont have any relatives in the world...
Ankur could go abroad and also help her financially...

That would be practical..instead of marrying to some random family...
But as always no show is practical nor logicalLOL...

My Pleasure, Suji ..

Marriage can never be a arrangement...it is a beginning of a new relationship which shud happen after both the parties are agreeable ..

Even if Ankur did force Sandhya, i would not exonerate Sandhya entirely..Did she fight for her dreams apart from chastising Ankur for his so called betrayal and sending him on a guilt trip by comparing him to her father ..Did she bring up alternative arrangements which was shot down by Ankur? Did she think of a way on how she would be paying the fees when the house is mortagaged... She has not done any of this.. we see her with a pencil and a book... How will her dreams fulfill when she is not proactively chalking a path ..

Practical, Logical,sensible .. they are very far from depiction of a plot in serials LOLLOL
ya... as u said sandhya didn't protest much...other than blaming Ankur and comparing him with their dad...
Being a parent and being a brother is different and their responsibilities also differ...fathers have only thing left to do...that is make sure their children are being provided with what they want...whereas bro must look after his life,his future,his wife,his kids...etc.
Also Ankur's plan can be realized very soon... Whereas Sandhya only dreams of becoming an IPS officer...she hasn't thought abt how she will go forward with her studies...she knows that her bro is going to US soon...if she is 19(not sure) then she has to complete her graduation first...to get a decent job and work to save money...
But Ankur's decision of getting her married is also a hasty decision...

@ Bold, completely agree with u on that ..19 is too young to get married ..

If she intends to do UPSC..then she has to put in 10-18 hours.. and she will never be able to manage it if she goes for work ..She is like a rudderless boat..knows that she has to reach the banks  but does not have the means nor an idea of going about it...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ssweety007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What about Ankur's dream?? (Page 4)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Heyy My Lubbly Pals,

we have been going on and on about  how selfish, matlabi,khudgarz  Ankur is ?? we have derided him for not stopping over and allowing Sandhya  to fulfill her dreams ..But what about Ankur's dreams ?? ..Why r we not  looking at his dreams... hasn't he got a right to fulfill his own ..U may say not at the cost of Sandhy'a dream but then Can Sandhya  be allowed to fullfill her dreams at the cost fo Ankur's ??  Very good Q, i dont find him selfish , i find him practical , neither of them will be happy when one has to sacrifise their dreams for others , as they will never find happiness when they make their dream come true as they will have this nagging feeling of not letting the other one fulfill her or his... 

As Ankur so rightly pointed out , getting into UPSC  is no child's play..sandhya may or may not crack it in the first year , her dream is a distant hazy goal ..it is not tangible  whereas Ankur's dream is already being realized ..it is tangible ...would not it be realistic and practical for Ankur to pursue what already is in his  hands than something which may never happen ..     Again i agree, opportunities dont knock on ones door again and again , ankur may never get this chance again and he was so close to getting into it , sandya on other hand is determined , i get that she will be able to crack her exam but its not easy with the training and all and like said , it has a long way to go 

Another pertinent point that Ankur raised was  Sandhy'a dream after her Marriage .. sad but true..many girls have given up their careers to maintain   their family ..what if Sandhya is forced to do the same  [  there is a high probability of this as her choice is rather different ]..then would not Ankur's sacrifice  be a waste ..this will definitely lead to resentment in his bosom ..   This scene clearly justified and proved ankur as a practical guy rather than a selfish and i am glad they actually showed it in a thinkable manner, ppl hardly let their DIL;s to work and no one will be so willing to send their DIL to Police station for sure, since sandya will be more on morals which means transfers and all , 

There is another  option that CV's have completely neglected to consider/tackle  .. That is the option of becoming a hosteler or PG .. This way both can achieve  their dreams and ofc we will not be gettin the DB LOLLOL             wats DB ??????? i agree a hostel was a good choice since they hardly showed any relatives but again , this will bring the question of wat next after achieving ur dream ? i mean both will be happy but in the end , like ankur said sandya may not be allowed to work and he cannot keep his sister with him forever , in a small city like that 

Hey yaar, nice topic in this forum for a CHANGE LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ssweety007tanthya

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BhartiKhushi909

Thnx tanthya 
maine is point se socha hi nhi 
i guess u hv pointed out correctly 
he's not selfish in that way , he's doing wat sandhya's doing but h wanna fulfill thr dreams n ankur dnt asking her to forget al , like once he says that she can study even after marriage but ankur dnt wait its a golden opportunity for him, i guessankur is right at his point , now sandhya hv to think abt his it , but wat to say that broker will do a mess n sandhya will blame ankur for this n ultimately he'll be called selfish 

It's My Peasure, dear ..

He knows that his dream is happening and is almost in his hands whereas Sandhya's dream is a distant possibility ...so his  POV is understandable ...

We have to see whether Krishna messes up or Ankur decides to go ahead with the unsuited match..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 4:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by BhartiKhushi909

Thnx tanthya 
maine is point se socha hi nhi 
i guess u hv pointed out correctly 
he's not selfish in that way , he's doing wat sandhya's doing but h wanna fulfill thr dreams n ankur dnt asking her to forget al , like once he says that she can study even after marriage but ankur dnt wait its a golden opportunity for him, i guessankur is right at his point , now sandhya hv to think abt his it , but wat to say that broker will do a mess n sandhya will blame ankur for this n ultimately he'll be called selfish 

It's My Peasure, dear ..

He knows that his dream is happening and is almost in his hands whereas Sandhya's dream is a distant possibility ...so his  POV is understandable ...

We have to see whether Krishna messes up or Ankur decides to go ahead with the unsuited match..

its clear seen the new promo 
ankur told krishna that sandhya is very educated when she told him abt sooraj a guy for marriage n krishna immidiately says that thy dnt want an educated girl , so wat to say now Confused

tanthya

-Tanu-

-Tanu-

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Great discussion there girls.. Except this 15 days thing Ankur is not really doing anything wrong.

Anyways, Sooraj and Sandhya are destined to be together... knowingly or unknowingly Ankur is finding her the best match any girl would ever get..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.b2011tanthya

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rose_Petal

My problem with Ankur fixing up Sandhiya's marriage isn't about it destroying her dreams. I just don't like the fact that he wants to get her married within two weeks! In this time he will have to find her a husband too...it would be different if the marriage had been set up earlier and now they were just going to carry out the rituals. But in the time he has (if this were in reality), how can he find a suitable person for her? Isn't it obvious to the groom's side that this this girl has become a burden for her family and so she's being dumped onto them? They can treat her as they want because she probably wont have a place to go after the marriage.

It would be easier to accept if he had tried to find a place for her to stay at like a hostel or relative's house but it didn't work out somehow. And this would be really selfless of Ankita if she could delay going abroad since there isn't any job ultimatum on her since her family got the visa for her. But I see how leaving two girls all by themselves may not be the best idea so this wouldn't be a top choice either. Ankur does have a good dilemma unfortunately. I wish he would at least talk about this with Sandhiya calmly and try to get her to see from his point of view instead of taking it all on himself and marrying her off.

It would depend on the type of family she gets, why will she be considered a burden.. She might even be considered a golden goose and treated like a Princess sincee she has a hot link to US ..

15 days is too less a time, I am not contesting it.. but  I think one has to consider Ankur and his dreams too..when Sandhya can be so passionate about something which she has not achieved yet, why be  censorious to Ankur, whose dream has happened and is in the process of breaking up due to Sandhya's obstinacy [ his POV]

Agree with u on the second para !! Smile

b2011

Rose_Petal

IF-Dazzler

Rose_Petal

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:08am | IP Logged

It would depend on the type of family she gets, why will she be considered a burden.. She might even be considered a golden goose and treated like a Princess sincee she has a hot link to US ..

15 days is too less a time, I am not contesting it.. but  I think one has to consider Ankur and his dreams too..when Sandhya can be so passionate about something which she has not achieved yet, why be  censorious to Ankur, whose dream has happened and is in the process of breaking up due to Sandhya's obstinacy [ his POV]

@bold: Oh yeah, I didn't think of the golden goose part LOL...but isn't ankur going to the US on a work visa and not on a permanent one? Then marrying her to go to US would be pointless because ankur can't petition for her...I think. Confused Anyway, my problem isn't with any one of their dreams being ruined...I just don't like him marrying her off without trying out other ways first.

tanthya

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rose_Petal

@bold: Oh yeah, I didn't think of the golden goose part LOL...but isn't ankur going to the US on a work visa and not on a permanent one? Then marrying her to go to US would be pointless because ankur can't petition for her...I think. Confused Anyway, my problem isn't with any one of their dreams being ruined...I just don't like him marrying her off without trying out other ways first.

I understand, Rose ..that is a part even I am unable to understand myself ...  why r they not exploring any other option?? why go directly to Marriage ?..is it bec as Ankur had said somewhere that their's is a small town where finger pointing  is easily done and he does not want any finger pointed at him  accusing him of deserting and shrugging off his responsibilities for his own  selfishness  or is it bec Ankur thinks that Sandhya's dream is one such where it will not be condoned and supported  after marriage and Sandhya inevitably has to leave her job for marriage or is it  bec Ankur is so confused with one thing after another falling on his unprepared shoulders that he thinks marriage as a way out...They need to elaborate on that ..

Rose_Petal

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.