What about Ankur's dream?? - Page 8

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by karishma125

thnxxx for sharing ur viewzzz...😊

My Pleasure, karishma πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by nayhaj

hes got every right to dream but he cant tread on his sisters dream to fulfill his..the only way isnt to get sandhya married...

I completely agree that Marriage is not the only way .. I just wish the Cv's had  explored other ways ..

Originally posted by crazyfairy

Hi Tanthya!😊
You have put forward your points really well, though we do not seem to agree totally.
Sandhya never demnded her brother to give up his dream but she can rightfully expect him to be a responsible guardian as she is not yet financially independant.
Why is it that Ankur thinks that marriage is the primary concern for his sister's future?
He as a brother should believe in her and encourage her.
It is so bad of him to marry off her in 15 days and leave for U.S. What if the family is not good? What if Sandhya needs him?

There is never any compulsion to agree with one another, Crazyfairy..we each can be right when viewed from our own POV  or  we might shed some new lights or force one another to see from a different angle..that is the beauty of the forum..It allows us to  discuss various points πŸ˜ƒ

No, dear ..it is not the question of demands..it is the question of duty .. The duty of an elder brother is to see that his sister's future is settled and that she has a companion who will love her, cherish her, protect her for life ...And Ankur was discharging that ..he was not bothered about his sisters dreams , for in the final tally, the society will not judge him   on his fulfilling her whimsical dream but rather whether he made an effort to find an able partner and set her own home ..Remember he is from a small town , has conservative ideas  and is from a conservative background..So his  thoughts and actions when viewed from his POV is correct ...

That is the issue here, Crazyfairy..he does not believe her dreams !!

That is the reason he went to the same family  cos he knew that family..he went thru the brokers when that alliance fell thru ..I do not think he is in the mind frame to think of the longer consequence..right now he has one agenda to go to US and He sees one obstacle ..Sandhay..His only thought is how to remove the obstacle ..
Originally posted by Angelbud

Dear that's not how you play cricket is it! Be nice now! Friends?😳
YEAH but thats how I play cricket with your head.. not with a ball😑... n i guess thats baseball πŸ˜†
Originally posted by _mahi_

YEAH but thats how I play cricket with your head.. not with a ball😑... n i guess thats baseball πŸ˜†

Oh dear there you go again trying to play with my balls! I know im hot and fit!!!! I love you mahi because your more innocent than you realise!! πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Angelbud

Oh dear there you go again trying to play with my balls! I know im hot and fit!!!! I love you mahi because your more innocent than you realise!! πŸ˜ƒ
SHUT THE EFF UP.. dont make a mistake by forcing me to cross my limits and swear at you.. you nonsense bakra..
Originally posted by feeb

i agree both sandhya & ankur's wife have 4got10 ankur's dream. sandhya jsut happily assumed ankur will 4get about his dreams & help her . we have people saying if ankur loved his sis he would forgo his dream, why not the other way round, sandhya knows how imp going to USA is for ankur, she could have tried to convince him to let her stay in hostel or pg or get a job & wait for him to come back from the us ,so help her support her dreams
instead all they had were arguments, she could have convinced her babhi she will manage alone here, pls join my brother since my parents mortaged the house for ur trip. it would have worked out jsut fine, but after all this is a serial

@ Bold,,, that is exactly what is inexplicable..we have not seen her putting up  a passionate defense of her dreams..

and also y'day she will be seen to apologize to her father for not fulfilling her father's dream ..Excuse me... wasn't that supposed to be ur dream ?/ that dialogue of hers ..i am presuming was created to show the mahantha of the heroine , my only question to that  statement is.. what difference does it make to a dead man whether his dream is fulfilled or not whilst it makes a helluva difference to a living man .. since he can feel it ..That [dialogue]  somehow diluted her stance for me..
Originally posted by tanthya

@ Bold,,, that is exactly what is inexplicable..we have not seen her putting up  a passionate defense of her dreams..

and also y'day she will be seen to apologize to her father for not fulfilling her father's dream ..Excuse me... wasn't that supposed to be ur dream ?/ that dialogue of hers ..i am presuming was created to show the mahantha of the heroine , my only question to that  statement is.. what difference does it make to a dead man whether his dream is fulfilled or not whilst it makes a helluva difference to a living man .. since he can feel it ..That [dialogue]  somehow diluted her stance for me..

Tanthya, I do not think so.  Children express their wish to the parents that they want to become this or that and they do forget too.  But when parents feel their child's wish is genuine, they nourish it, then the child is encouraged and its wish is transformed to an ambition.  So, it is the dream of both parents and child.

Regarding her not putting up passionate defense of her dreams, she is still young and just recently lost both her parents.  When a sibling 5-6 years elder to her is confused and leaving things to take their own course (he did not take his own decision in case of marriage to Suraj, he just let Kisna speak all those lies), then how can we expect Sandhya to defend her standpoint, at least she should have been given some more time.
Originally posted by poppy2009

Revathy has always been a dear favorite of mine! She has such an expressive face! Have you seen her directorial debut? Mitra, my friend! Another gem of a movie!

On another note, I will be away for about a week or so! (Travelling to India) So will be missing DABH, the show and the forum!

C you guys!😊

Bon Voyage, Dear ..

Enjoy urself ...πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by b2011

Tanthya, I do not think so.  Children express their wish to the parents that they want to become this or that and they do forget too.  But when parents feel their child's wish is genuine, they nourish it, then the child is encouraged and its wish is transformed to an ambition.  So, it is the dream of both parents and child.

Regarding her not putting up passionate defense of her dreams, she is still young and just recently lost both her parents.  When a sibling 5-6 years elder to her is confused and leaving things to take their own course (he did not take his own decision in case of marriage to Suraj, he just let Kisna speak all those lies), then how can we expect Sandhya to defend her standpoint, at least she should have been given some more time.

Bharathi,

Agree with u that  she has lost her parents , but that must actually spur her to fulfill their dreams ..The desire, the need will increase  rather than weaken ..it will almost reach a frenzied level for a girl like Sandhya who dreamt about it in her dreams too ...Here she has just folded like a pack of cards which somehow undermines her obsession ...Notice the difference between ankur and Sandhya..both have lost their parents, in addition he is also battling a guilty conscience but  nothing is stopping him in achieving his goal ..It was that sort of determination one expects from a strong willed girl ..πŸ˜ƒ