India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

How It All Began

carefree15 Newbie
carefree15
carefree15

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 2:24am | IP Logged

I just wanted to say something...I would have said it by putting a thread on star-forums, but I am too lazy to sign up for now...

I have always cherished Geet from the moment I watch it...I didn't watch it from the beginning, since it was restricted in my house, and dad was strongly against such serials...Nevertheless, he returned to Saudi Arabia to resume his job and I was left with my two sisters and my mother.

I started watching it due to the current nagging of my sister...I'm glad that she pestered me to sit with her...At first it was "Ugh...now what? I bet she's gonna die" but then, slowly slowly, I started smiling at her jokes...And then a day came when it was common for me to sit in front of the t.v and laugh out loudly. (mind you, it rocks the ground)

I loved Geet and Dev, but never gave a thought about them during the days...my sister plotted against the various scenes that could happen and ssoon enough, i joined in.

But then Maan came, and I was pissed off, frankly. I wanted both of them to go into their seperate ways, but the opposite seemed to be happening. It was always "Please, mujhe bachaiye" and "Tum yahaan kya kar rahi ho?". 

And then the dreaded promo came, showing a smirking dev and naintara, looking evilly at geet, crying and dropping unconscoious. 

It was like, my whole world came crashing down. I began to hate dev, fuming at his sly looks and his swindling comments. The least i wanted was to see stupid Maan, with that arrogant face of his.

Geet came to delhi, with the determination to see dev and confront him...You may not believe it guys, but I really thought of this as a real life story...where there was no Gurmeet and no Drashti, no Abhinav Shukla and no Praneet Chauhan...just Maan and Geet. I even remember scoffing at the two words. "Maan? Please, its some stupid name." "Geet...seems like its a story of a girl singing untill she dies". But how wrong fate proved me...

When Maan and geet came, I loved the office fights, adi's stammering, pinky's irritating noise and sasha'a stupid smug look...But me and my sister really LOATHED THE MAHI TUNE. It wasl ike when they both run into each other, Maan catches her, and they look at themelves for the next 5 minutes...As if on cue, MAHI used to come and we both used to start grumbling again, waiting for it to stop...Pari came, the mangaiter scene popped out, and dev's enter rocked the whole floor...Till the times, I was so lost in it that i used to scream at anyone who would start talking to me from 9:30 to 10:00...I would get so pissed off that i would talk to them untill they would apologize...

Then came the dreaded day when dad came from Arabia...I was really nervous...i remember the day when geet steps into the rose bath and maan's looking at her...At the precise moment dad came and i had to change it... 

"What are you watching?" He asked me.

I quickly glanced at the t.v. CID was coming, so i quickly observed the scene and explained it to him. "Oh dad" I said, feigning innocene. "Its the part in CID when the boss acts daya to break the door while moving his hands...there's a victim inside by the name of sanya" He looked at me weirdly and shook his head, ACTUALLY ENTERING MY ROOM. i WAS NEAR HEARTBREAK and as if on cue, tears started to fall down. I burst out crying and dad rushed towards me, asking me whats wrong. I ran towards mom and started crying loudly saying that i was missing the most important part in geet's history... all she said was " What is it with you and geet? Its just a serial, Hameeda!"

I didn't talk to mom after that.

The real nok-jhoks came and then the marriage proposal...

When it was 8:30, it was cold here in Kashmir...It was 13  january, the night when the haldi was going to commence and my head was killing me. My sister insisted me that i sleep and watch geet tomorrow, but i didn't oblige. 

I fainted about four times in front of her while watching tv and then it got her mad. She literally strapped me on the bed and ordered me to sleep. It was 9:00 when she did that.

I got up at 9:15 and ripped the straps out warily making my way towards the tv room...my sister sighted my head and ran towards the stairs calling out my name. i ran towards the room and shut the door, locking it effectively. She baned the door, ordering me to come out, but i didnt oblige. In the end i watched it and at exactly 10:00, after watching tomorrow's preview, i fell unconscious, the t.v still on. After that, my sister explained it to me that the room had two doors and the other door was locked by a key. After finding the spare key, they unlocked it and carried me towards a nearby neighbour who was a doctor...I had viral fever...My siser was bewildered at my love but i merely shrugged and said it was common...im sure you guys did something more extraordinary...

I got so attached that i couldnt part with it... and now wen i watch it, i remember how it all began...

You know guys, when ever i come home, i open my laptop and look at geet and maan, telling them of my eams and of my school routines...its like i tell everything to their smiling faces and den feel better...i once vented out my frustation to them due to some issue at school...

So i just wanted to say how special you have been for me..wen i went to saudi during the vacations, i ordered dad to pay 200 riyals for the starone channel..he boliged and i watched it, not allowing anyone to speak...

I know im being silly, but whenever i cry, i know that at home, maan and geet are waiting for me, ready to console me and advice me...

So i wish them a speedy recovery...love you drashti and gurmeet...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

uvsssnishsweetsNitika2erumzaheerluv_DDroseinbloomx-affy-x

maanluver Goldie
maanluver
maanluver

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 3:47am | IP Logged
wow 
i m also the same 
but my parentz dont hv any problem in me watchin it as dey also luv it 
n practically no 1 talkz between 8:00 to 8:30 (dubai time) 
lolz i jus luv geet 
Get Well Soon Drashti n Gurmeet

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dh_riti

luv_DD IF-Rockerz
luv_DD
luv_DD

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 4:10am | IP Logged
lovely dear. . . . . . Awesum post . .
Get well soon gurti
Craziest_MG IF-Sizzlerz
Craziest_MG
Craziest_MG

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Lovely...
This is called true love for GHSP n maaneet...
x.Maaneet4eva.x IF-Dazzler
x.Maaneet4eva.x
x.Maaneet4eva.x

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 4:45am | IP Logged
OMG! U not serious! Well im also MAd about Geet. Its the best thing ever. I also see them as Geet and Maan not DD or GC. They are like real people to me. I actually watch the serial on starplayer and before i go to sleep i would watch Maaneet scenes. I just love them alot. Its always nice to meet more MAaneet lovers. Tc, Bless x
dh_riti Goldie
dh_riti
dh_riti

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged
hey mere toh papa bhi geet dekhte hain.
rubi_10 Goldie
rubi_10
rubi_10

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
lovely...
carefree15 Newbie
carefree15
carefree15

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot guys :) 
I really appreciate it :)
Love you Maaneet

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index