India-Forums

Lakshmikanth (Page 3)

zaabemard Senior Member
zaabemard
zaabemard

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Sleeping is not an insult. Not to me, anyway.

Purrrfect IF-Dazzler
Purrrfect
Purrrfect

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
I am huge fan of Salman Ali. I'm the one who started his appreciation thread, created lots and lots siggies and invested alot of time and effort in to keep that thread running...however I have to say that I was shocked by KK's rude behaviour towards Pyaarelal ji.

Salman and all the other children are very lucky to get musical tips and guidance from such a legend. Pyaarelal ji cared and that's why he gave his honest opinion. I see nothing wrong with that. 

"Some" members have particularly bashed members for voicing their opinion about KK being rude  to Barnali. KK fans accused us of bashing him and by tell us that he is a guru and he is guiding children and that we should learn to respect him. Today KK showed no respect to GURU like Pyaarelal ji. KK's behaviour has left sour taste in my mouth. Those who still want to defend KK, go ahead and do it. The entire world has seen KK's behaviour.

I hope that next season KK will not appear again on the show as a judge. I will continue to appreciate his singing but not as a judge.

YES, It's a great compliment that Lata ji said Salman should be the winner - I had a huge smile on my face. Salman has a beautiful voice and YES I too think he deserves to win the competition.

Adnan  did such a good job honoring the Legend - Javed was as usual down to earth.

Overal great performance minus KK's unsporting nature.

Edited by Purrrfect - 18 September 2011 at 2:55pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

san2471shunu6Dabulls23

san2471 Senior Member
san2471
san2471

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sahichal

Originally posted by san2471

Ram is best friend of KK. One song of Salman was good but one song was below average. Ram hid the bad part of salman's song.
pyarelal ji and Javed ali were right.
One song of Niladri was more than mind blowing but one was
just performance as per Ram but all others liked second song too.

Nitin:; first song was average but other song was good

azmat : both songs were good.
I have grown up with LP's music and I still love those tracks, sheer melody. If you hear the original duet sung by Rafi saab and Lata Ji " Aaya Sawaan Jhoom Ke" sung in 1969, you will realise that Nitin was very good in that song. JA has high expectation and hence he said it could have been better.

To: san2471:
1. Lacking in modesty,  "aaroh, avroh" lyrics from mukhda to antara,
did not kill the song of Nitin completely this time
song is neither anupras alankar nor dohaa/chhand
but it is soulful song
Only this is first time, when Javed pointed out
that it could be better. I also felt that one scale
could be up. pl. listen original song again.
simultaneously, other song was normal and ok
If he is helpless to increase one scale for all lines or
all songs, then, he does not deserve to stay
in this comepetition. he has not been trying to improve the scale
as gurus are teaching to sing a song in such scale which
can be easy but in final, it is not hard and fast rule.
2. Salman can never give priority to different zone
who is singing all songs from his comfort zone
consequences can be seen from song "chahunga ma..n
tujhe saanjh savere"
Nitin is very close to pb singing
but salman needs lot of practice whereas
KK brought his friend Ram to promote salman
Ram tried to get cap for salman  but
Javed throw lot of water on his hopes and ambitions
2.a.At that point, only Niladri had to sing last song
for whom frustrated Ram deliberately used abusive words
it is called cospiracy and to demoralize  a small kid
by hook or by crook.
3. Why Niladri solitary should come out of his comfort zone
every time as expected by Javed.
4. Mahaguru emphasized to keep azmat but for sore throat problem,
Azmat once gone and came again through wild card
It is called Justice. My Azmat did less mistakes than others.
... ...
5. Nitin is already eliminated once who has been rescued
by MG.
If you say that Nitin sang well, then, cap goes to Nitin
Otherwise this week cap goes to Niladri
But due to dispute, definitely, My Azmat is hero of the week.
MG saved both Azmat and Nitin. She was the one who chose Priyanshi and Azmat. Also, votes are always not based on music but all other factors are included as well. You are blinded by Azmat. Sorry, I acknowledge his talent but do not connect to his voice. I like to hear Nitin and Niladri and  instantly connect to their voices and my votes go to them. Let us agree to disagree and move on. Winning a competition does not ensure any kind of success.
san2471 Senior Member
san2471
san2471

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged

Ram is best friend of KK. One song of Salman was good but one song was below average. Ram hid the bad part of salman's song.
pyarelal ji and Javed ali were right.
One song of Niladri was more than mind blowing but one was
just performance as per Ram but all others liked second song too.

Nitin:; first song was average but other song was good

azmat : both songs were good.
I have grown up with LP's music and I still love those tracks, sheer melody. If you hear the original duet sung by Rafi saab and Lata Ji " Aaya Sawaan Jhoom Ke" sung in 1969, you will realise that Nitin was very good in that song. JA has high expectation and hence he said it could have been better.

To: san2471:
1. Lacking in modesty,  "aaroh, avroh" lyrics from mukhda to antara,
did not kill the song of Nitin completely this time
song is neither anupras alankar nor dohaa/chhand
but it is soulful song
Only this is first time, when Javed pointed out
that it could be better. I also felt that one scale
could be up. pl. listen original song again.
simultaneously, other song was normal and ok
If he is helpless to increase one scale for all lines or
all songs, then, he does not deserve to stay
in this comepetition. he has not been trying to improve the scale
as gurus are teaching to sing a song in such scale which
can be easy but in final, it is not hard and fast rule.
2. Salman can never give priority to different zone
who is singing all songs from his comfort zone
consequences can be seen from song "chahunga ma..n
tujhe saanjh savere"
Nitin is very close to pb singing
but salman needs lot of practice whereas
KK brought his friend Ram to promote salman
Ram tried to get cap for salman  but
Javed throw lot of water on his hopes and ambitions
2.a.At that point, only Niladri had to sing last song
for whom frustrated Ram deliberately used abusive words
it is called cospiracy and to demoralize  a small kid
by hook or by crook.
3. Why Niladri solitary should come out of his comfort zone
every time as expected by Javed.
4. Mahaguru emphasized to keep azmat but for sore throat problem,
Azmat once gone and came again through wild card
It is called Justice. My Azmat did less mistakes than others.
... ...
5. Nitin is already eliminated once who has been rescued
by MG.
If you say that Nitin sang well, then, cap goes to Nitin
Otherwise this week cap goes to Niladri
But due to dispute, definitely, My Azmat is hero of the week.
MG saved both Azmat and Nitin. She was the one who chose Priyanshi and Azmat. Also, votes are always not based on music but all other factors are included as well. You are blinded by Azmat. Sorry, I acknowledge his talent but do not connect to his voice. I like to hear Nitin and Niladri and  instantly connect to their voices and my votes go to them. Let us agree to disagree and move on. Winning a competition does not ensure any kind of success.
Also how do you conclude he is lacking modesty, he is shy, he is a child from a village, needs to be groomed. I
sajeet Newbie
sajeet
sajeet

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Purrrfect

I am huge fan of Salman Ali. I'm the one who started his appreciation thread, created lots and lots siggies and invested alot of time and effort in to keep that thread running...however I have to say that I was shocked by KK's rude behaviour towards Pyaarelal ji.

Salman and all the other children are very lucky to get musical tips and guidance from such a legend. Pyaarelal ji cared and that's why he gave his honest opinion. I see nothing wrong with that. 

"Some" members have particularly bashed members for voicing their opinion about KK being rude  to Barnali. KK fans accused us of bashing him and by tell us that he is a guru and he is guiding children and that we should learn to respect him. Today KK showed no respect to GURU like Pyaarelal ji. KK's behaviour has left sour taste in my mouth. Those who still want to defend KK, go ahead and do it. The entire world has seen KK's behaviour.

I hope that next season KK will not appear again on the show as a judge. I will continue to appreciate his singing but not as a judge.

YES, It's a great compliment that Lata ji said Salman should be the winner - I had a huge smile on my face. Salman has a beautiful voice and YES I too think he deserves to win the competition.

Adnan  did such a good job honoring the Legend - Javed was as usual down to earth.

Overal great performance minus KK's unsporting nature.

I would beg to differ here. Just because Pyarelaal is old and had been monopolising the music scene in india for 3 decades, dos not make everything he does right. Also, I am not a big fan of his music, on the contrary, I think, they had very monotonous kind of music during his tenure. If not for the great poetry and legendary singers, the period will be remembered as the dark ages of indian music. It was only after they made way, that we see so much talent and creativity. The kind of music we have now is unprecedented. The poetry is still good and so are the singers. We do not have the domination od 2 music directors and 4 singers. Thank God they are no longer playing, if they did, they would never make it past 2 films. 

As for Kailash being rude, I did not see what he said was rude there. Mind you, I am a part of the group of people who liked Kailash before we saw his bad attitude on this program. I have no regards for him, whatsoever, but, Saturday was another case. All he said was that "I am thankful to god that I do not understand much of music, else I would not be enjoying the music and I would be critisizing these poor kids" and this he mentioned after Ram Sampat's comments!  
Jannat786 Groupbie
Jannat786
Jannat786

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged
With due respect  to all posters on this topic, I do not think any of us have any position to critisize any comment made by Pyarelalji..These people are legends and have been in the industry for ages. The kind of music that they made was meaningful and classics. Compared to "sheila ki jawani and"muni badnaam of today" give me Laxmikant Pyarelal any day!
All he was trying to say is that if they could give comments to  legends like Mr Kishore Kumar and Rafi saab and their comments were followed by these legendary singers, Salman is stil very small and a long way to go. It will only do him good to follow these comments.
People we are all too small in comparison to these legendary musiciians of yesteryear and we need to show them due respect as they have something that it is clear that we can all learn from. Humility and experience. they have struggled in this industry to make life easier for musicians of today.
They did not  have the technology that the musicians have of today yet in my opinion they made true classic music.
I love Adnan Sami for giving them due respect.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

diamond444

sajeet Newbie
sajeet
sajeet

Posted: 19 September 2011 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jannat786

With due respect  to all posters on this topic, I do not think any of us have any position to critisize any comment made by Pyarelalji..These people are legends and have been in the industry for ages. The kind of music that they made was meaningful and classics. Compared to "sheila ki jawani and"muni badnaam of today" give me Laxmikant Pyarelal any day!
All he was trying to say is that if they could give comments to  legends like Mr Kishore Kumar and Rafi saab and their comments were followed by these legendary singers, Salman is stil very small and a long way to go. It will only do him good to follow these comments.
People we are all too small in comparison to these legendary musiciians of yesteryear and we need to show them due respect as they have something that it is clear that we can all learn from. Humility and experience. they have struggled in this industry to make life easier for musicians of today.
They did not  have the technology that the musicians have of today yet in my opinion they made true classic music.
I love Adnan Sami for giving them due respect.Smile

Hi Jannat, You cannot quote 2 or 3 item songs and generalize the whole music of this generation. The music we listen to today is far more superior than what was produced in the 70's, 80's and 90's. The only music worth listening then was the parallel music sung and played by the classical maestros. You did not have a Bhimsen Joshi or bismillah khan joining the bollywood bandwagon then, cause they detested that music. But in todays generation, the most revered classical maestros croon and play for the mainstream hindi cinema music. If not for Kishore Da, Md Rafi and the kids, 70's music will be long forgotten. 
The new generation music director who followed laxmikant pyarelal and Kalyanji anandji styil was Nadeem Shravan and we all know how long they lasted in the industry. 
This generation is far more mature and demands quality. We not only have the best of sufi, hindustani and carnatic music, but also a good mix of western, arabic and far eastern tunes today. Though the latter group needs to be explored further.
We also have superior poetry in today's songs, unlike the late 80's and 90's. for a moment stop listening to shiela ki Jawani and listen to the number of big sufi and classical songs being produced. I can list at least a 100 beautiful songs produced in the last couple of years.

In conclusion, just because it is old, does not mean it is good. Yes, there was good old music, but not in main stream bollywood, it was parallel then. 

Why do we have to live in awe of false glorification of people who terrorized the new comers and real talents? 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'L Champs Music ka Gurucool Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index