Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

FF:the aftermath&the era before NOTE pg 8

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, im Shona n im only a silent member on the HP forum but i've had a FF idea in my mind for a while n decided to finally give it a go n write something...basically it starts off where DH ends after Voldemort's death n will go into flashback of when the Marauder's and Lily were at Hogwarts..hence the title The Aftermath and The Era Before...ok so here goes.

10 days had passed since the battle of Hogwarts and things were barely sinking in. As the new Minister for Magic Kingsley Shackelbolt had put a ban on any reporters and journalists to harass Harry Potter for interviews. Harry, Hermione and the Weasleys were among many people who survived the battle and agreed to stay back and help restore the castle, which was severely damaged. The hole left by the deaths of Fred, Remus and Tonks wasn't going to fill up soon but the best way the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry dealt with it was through keeping themselves busy.

"sandwiches," Ginny said announcing her arrival, carrying a plate of sandwiches. She walked in and sat next to Harry.

Harry had already told Ginny about most of the horrifying things he, Ron and Hermione had been through the previous year.

"McGonagall  wants you to meet someone and no it's not a reporter," Ginny said answering Harry's unasked question.
Harry took a sandwich. Things had been very awkward lately, he didn't know what to say to whom, he felt himself to be blamed for the loss of Remus, Tonks, Fred and several other people who were lost in the battle, no matter how much the Weasleys and Andromeda insisted that he had saved the wizarding and muggle world from more destruction and chaos.

"Do you reckon things will ever be the same again...normal," Ginny asked quietly

"nope..there will always be the gaps, we'll just have to get used to them...but then again when have things ever been normal for us," Harry replied, taking a bite out of the sandwich.

Ginny smiled

"Ginny, I-" Harry began before being interrupted by a loud crack. Kreacher the house elf appeared. He bowed to Harry and said,"Master Harry, Professor McGonagall is wanting you to come to the Great Hall now,"

"we'll be right there," said Harry. Kreacher bowed again and disapparated. Between Ron, Kreacher and everyone else present at Hogwarts, he was lucky to fit in a small conversation with Ginny everyday, Harry thought, he had only gotten the chance to talk to her properly only once in the last 10 days.

"we better get down there, before someone else comes up," Ginny said before adding," sometimes the fact that your Harry Potter can be so annoying,"

"you have no idea," Harry muttered.

"Ahh Potter here you are," Professor McGonagall approaching them,"I'd like you to meet Diviya Patil, the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, you might recognize her better as the aunt to your classmates Pavarti and Padma," she added

"Wotcher Harry," Diviya said, and with a pang Harry remembered Tonks and her signature greeting. But Diviya wasn't like Tonks, in appearance atleast, She has long black hair that fell down to her waist, she was tall and had beautiful light brown eyes, full lips and a dazzling smile. Harry noticed she was dressed in not robes but in muggle clothes.

"hi," Harry greeted,as Ron and Hermione joined them and also greeted Diviya

"Minerva there's a message here for you from the Ministry," Mrs Weasley called from the other end of the room.

"Diviya please excuse me," and with that McGonagall bustled off

"I'm sure Remus and Sirius and many others will have told you this but you look just like James apart from your eyes, you have Lily's eyes," Diviya said

"yeah I've been told but how do you know my parents and Remus and Sirius," Harry asked.

Diviya looked a little surprised,"haven't...haven't Remus or Sirius ever mentioned me...not that I've done anything for them to remember me," she added shamefully.

"umm...no they haven't,"Harry racked his brains to recall any reference to a Diviya Patil but couldn't recall any," er but we've hardly had time for chit chats," Harry added to make sure Diviya didn't feel offended in any way, and it was true, he hadn't had much time to talk to Remus and Sirius about ladies of their past.

"I was at Hogwarts with them...me and Lily werepractically sisters and James would often refer to me as the "adopted Marauder"," Diviya said reminiscently, "our years at Hogwarts were the best in my life, with the war and the rise of Voldemort, everything was so bad on the outside but we still had it in us to laugh and smile our way through it all..."

"what was it like last time when Voldemort was powerful," Hermione asked curiously.

"it was nearly as bad as this time round, especially our 7th year, it was our best year and also the one where he really got to the peak of his power...I can't believe Padfoot and Mooney didn't tell you the crazy things that happened that year...," Diviya said and then she began narrating

feel free to comment and criticize

ShonaEmbarrassed

Edited by shona. - 06 November 2012 at 12:05pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

sanki44zinat.tangoliyanasahir99Deeksha_guptanspn.92Devilish.Angelmadhu_sridhar-Jailbait-sweety_crazedsss283-Goof-Pratamesh-GredForge-epiphany.-MansiKohli-Problem_ChildVarunKiBiwi..RamKiJanaki..

-GredForge- IF-Rockerz
-GredForge-
-GredForge-

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 5:21am | IP Logged
hey shona!
fab update! really liked it a lot!:)
i lkove reading anything that has got to do wit hp and this was really very gud!:)
do continue writing!:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shona.

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by taanu112

hey shona!
fab update! really liked it a lot!:)
i lkove reading anything that has got to do wit hp and this was really very gud!:)
do continue writing!:)

hi!
thanks for reading
im glad u liked itEmbarrassed

sanki44 Newbie
sanki44
sanki44

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Claphi shona the promo is gr8  pls continue soon watin!Big smile er... will you  update  today ?-just eagerErmmBig smile

Edited by sanki44 - 21 September 2011 at 9:50am

shona.

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
hi sanki
im glad u liked it
umm i not updating today...maybe in a couple of days

sanki44

sanki44 Newbie
sanki44
sanki44

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Thumbs Upoh couple of daysCry  no! ok ~!!  Cry   but i ll be waitn thanks!Thumbs UpBig smile

Edited by sanki44 - 23 September 2011 at 7:21am
sanki44 Newbie
sanki44
sanki44

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Big smile'hi shona  if ur free plsss  update yaar  its actually been  12 days since u said you ll update  in couple of days - just a reminder  pls  upadate  waitin...  !...!Big smile
shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 10:37am | IP Logged
^sorry for not updating
actually got realli busy plus no one is reading...

Go to top