Pratigya-No Mangalsutra?

Mo710 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Is it me or doesnt Pratigya not wear a mangalsutra? Arent u meant to wear one after marriage or is just having a sindoor enough?

Just thort id mention and hope u fellow fans comment!😉
Edited by Mo710 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have always wondered also why Pratigya never wears a Mangalsutra. Maybe different regions and different castes have different norms. In South India, as far as I know importance is given to Mangalsutra than sindoor. so, may be in SS's family Mangalsutra need not be worn ?
laks76 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think for them sindoor is important and she always wear that. if i remember correctly amma and kesar also don;t wear mangalsutra. only arushi and now ganga r wearing. so i think only second marriage girls wear that. 😕i am confused why cv's show different with different characters in the same show.
idreeskhan123 thumbnail
i think mangulsutar is not important sindoor is enough...
corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
not everyone one wears them - but sindoor/bindi most do.. Edited by kEEnkEEn - 12 years ago
ninahegde thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mangalsutra is a symbol of Hindu marriage union in South Asia. It is a sacred thread of love and goodwill worn by women as a symbol of their marriage. Traditionally the mangalsutra is considered the most revered token of love and respect offered to the bride during the marriage ceremony.

It is comparable to the wedding ring of the West. A married woman is expected to wear the mangalsutra until her husband's death. It is tied around the neck of the bride on the day of marriage symbolizing the union.

I think, as per CV'S only girls on second marriage wear Mangalsutra ... rightly pointed out by laks76 !!!

ssrbaqri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
May be, it is a personal choice for many women to wear it or not...
Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It's based on regional preferences. I had to wear one till 6 months, and now it's mandatory that I wear sindoor everyday. I wear my sindoor inside my hair's parting, so it's not visible.

For ppl in U.P, Bihar, and Bengal it's a must to wear sindoor.
Edited by Hot_Indo_Chilly - 12 years ago
tanudrashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
In north India sindoor is complusory not mangalsutra even my mom does not wear mangalsutra for us in Allahabad sindoor and bindi is complusory for married woman,cvs are not doing any mistake in showing this.
Veena.S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ninahegde

<font color="#cc0000">Mangalsutra </font><font color="#cc3399">is a symbol of Hindu marriage union in South Asia. It is a sacred thread of </font><font color="#cc0000">love</font><font color="#cc3399"> and </font><font color="#cc0000">goodwill</font><font color="#cc3399"> worn by women as a </font><font color="#cc0000">symbol </font><font color="#cc3399">of their marriage. Traditionally the mangalsutra is considered the most revered token of </font><font color="#cc0000">love </font><font color="#cc3399">and </font><font color="#cc0000">respect </font><font color="#cc3399">offered to the bride during the marriage ceremony.</font>

<font color="#cc3399">It is comparable to the </font><font color="#cc0000">wedding ring </font><font color="#cc3399">of the West. A married woman is expected to wear the mangalsutra until her husband's </font><font color="#cc0000">death</font><font color="#cc3399">. It is tied around the neck of the bride on the day of marriage symbolizing the </font><font color="#cc0000">union.</font>

<font color="#cc3399">I think, as per CV'S only girls on </font><font color="#cc0000">second marriage</font><font color="#cc3399"> wear Mangalsutra </font>❓<font color="#cc3399">... rightly pointed out by </font><font color="#cc3399">laks76 !!!</font>

wow that's a great explanation by u, yes its must to wear mangal suthram by a married woman all the time in south india. Great tradition...Edited by Veena.S - 12 years ago