Madhuri Dixit is moving back to India - Page 8

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by bollywoodbabe1

Love Madhuri!!! Will be so awesome to see her on the big screen again!

Why are you always so positive 😆? I've been dying to hear something cheeky or mean from you since I came to this forum but I'm always disappointed 😆

You're adorable 🤗
Originally posted by eraser

Why are you always so positive 😆? I've been dying to hear something cheeky or mean from you since I came to this forum but I'm always disappointed 😆

You're adorable 🤗

Aww, thank you Eraser 😳  you're so sweet! 

I try not to make horrible comments about other stars(even if I'm thinking it), lol, I don't like being mean or cheeky only when I have to be 😉 Besides, I don't like getting into unnecessary fan wars.

I love reading your comments though dear 🤗
Originally posted by The_Killer

what will she do here? 😕

there are variety of options. 😆😆 just ask karishma.
^ 😆 😆. Ahahahaha. 
Surprised that so many people here don't like Madhuri 😕 
To me she has always been one of the best actresses of Bollywood.
Originally posted by Relda

What the hell.. I will throw in my 2 cents too.

Most Indians who repatriate back to India are individuals who have gone to USA for studies or jobs. Most of their families live in India, they have strong social and community ties with India and their roots are firmly entrenched with their country of birth. First generation Indians in USA who have a cursory and tenuous connection with India and who have spent their entire lives with the culture, conventions and mores of American society rarely move back to India ' it is not just conventionally a feasible action for them.  

Madhuri's husband is a first generation American.. someone who I've read had never watched a Hindi movie or was even aware of Madhuri as a Bollywood superstar before his marriage. Are you guys seriously suggesting that a person like that, after spending more than half their lives in USA would suddenly embrace the idea of moving back to an alien country, just because his wife is missing the arc-lights? And please.. top-notch oncologists are hardly scarred by recession. People still get cancers and need treatment at every kind of economic conditions.  

So, I find nothing wrong with the assumption that Madhuri  is probably moving back on her own.. which automatically begets the second assumption that her marriage is on the rocks.

Have a friend whose daughter married a first generation American. He was given a really nice project in India by a company he worked for in the US. She has really affluent and supporting parents here. So they both came back to give India a try. They stayed here for five years, she had both her babies here, and then he said "enough"- the project was good but I think I am happier back home - so they all headed right back and have re-settled just as happily back in the US. A large portion of the success when here was because the influential parents smoothed out a lot of their settling in problems - something which Madhuri and her connections can do for her husband. 
He is a cardiologist - we have more fat and unhealthy Indians out here. The good doctor can make good money here as well. Madhuri would not give up her hard won marriage and kids for anybody. And if the marriage was on the rocks, he would not let her move back - custody rights on the kids allow him to veto travel abroad.

Perhaps their marriage is strong enough and her influence strong enough that they think that a few years here for their kids would only strengthen the kids values and culture.  She is a recent immigrant with really strong ties - I think he just wants to check things out. He is younger than she is and perhaps does not have a settled practice yet. I bet that they have done the math.
Edited by jjairam - 12 years ago
My view on this... Either of these two scenarios...  

1. The marriage is close to its expiry date... or

2. Madhuri is one smart woman... She is making hay while the sun shines... Her last visit here, the 3- 4 months or the 6 months she was here she made much more money than a doctor can in the US the entire year...
So why would she let go of this opportunity... She is already in talks for the next season of JDJ... She is the face of Sanjeev Kapoor's new food channel... Add to that the saboon/detergent/pankha/basmati rice ads... Then in between the appearences at events... The ribbon cuttings at store events... It all adds up to a cool kitty...
Why does she even need movies for a comeback when she can make more money doing the rest of the extra-curricular stuff... Any movies that come along will be an added bonus...

Regarding the move it could be a temporary one... She has gained momentum here... She does not want to let it go... The couple of years in India, I am sure Dr Nene has planned things for himself... Something like setting up a hospital or something in those lines that could be managed with him in the US later on...
With money and contacts that wont be hard in India...  
now.. she is actually .. wasting the time of her sons.. they were studying in US. wohin reho
If her intention is to expose her kids to the Indian culture and student life and educational system...

right now is the best time to do all of that. I DOUBT that that is her primary priority, but this would be a good plus point to the whole moving thing.
👏 I think Madhuri wants to rebuild her Bollywood career.  I remember if she wanted to do Bollywood films, the directors would need to shoot it in the U.S.A. only.  But, not every director can accomodate that demand.  Perhaps, some directors do not have the means to shoot it in the U.S.A.!  Maybe it is just temporary, just for a few years, like people are saying!  I think Madhuri knows what she is doing.  She is a very smart businesswoman, a little extra money doesn't hurt!  🤗