India-Forums

Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli

Rape Track is a HUGELY SENSITIVE and TOUCHY one

Mohini19 Goldie
Mohini19
Mohini19

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
I know that what I'm posting will evoke mixed reaction from my fellow IF members. But, I''ll try to express my views without being too opinionated.

The moment I heard and saw about Lata's rape track, It really made me start thinking about the sensibilities of the story writers and CVs. Rape is an extremely serious and a very very sensitive issue for most of us (if not all). I'm actually amazed at how lightly and easily the story writers and CVs decide to show it on Indian television. And yes, I'm not just talking about YMGGK. It has been shown previously on many other shows (I don't wanna name those shows, but most of you are probably aware of them).
Now, one my argue that these things actually happen in real life. Agreed, but the way the story writers handle such situations in shows is insensitive. Rape issues have a lot of social and personal ramifications for the victim, victim's family and even the society.
Not to mention that some stupid characters in YMGGK will only make it worse such as sheetal mami and Priyanka. Even in such a difficult time and a sensitive track, the CVs would not refrain from making sheetal mami say stupid things.

Personally, I hate this track. As if it wasn't enough that lata had a miserable first marriage, got divorced, was lonely, had to listen to dumb sheetal mami's nonsense and NOW they inflict this HEINOUS TORTURE on her. No, seriously, RAPE doesn't only affect a female physically. It affects a female soul in IRREPARABLE ways and sometimes it may be tough to get out of that negative whirlpool.

I'm personally SUPER ANGRY at this TRACK.

Edited by Mohini19 - 17 September 2011 at 8:10pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

ushakiran patelZEEZEEwestindiangeetsljcruzJaya92feliciaforeverorianthikajal03aachuchachushootingstar27YMGGK_favouriteShas3riniiiiBeautiful10kinu17nycsweetie-Nags-sahil70aarchaVishaD.rechus

rechus IF-Addictz
rechus
rechus

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Excllnt.. U r absolutly ryte... I'm tottaly agree with u..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ZEEZEEMohini19YMGGK_favourite-Nags-

-Nags- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nags-
-Nags-

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mohini19

I know that what I'm posting will evoke mixed reaction from my fellow IF members. But, I''' try to express my views without being too opinionated.

The moment I heard and saw about Lata's rape track, It really made me start thinking about the sensibilities of the story writers and CVs. Rape is an extremely serious and a very very sensitive issue for most of us (if not all). I'm actually amazed at how lightly and easily the story writers and CVs decide to show it in Indian television. And yes, I'm not just talking about YMGGK. It has been shown previously on many other shows (I don't wanna name those shows, but most of you are probably aware of them).
Now, one my argue that these things actually happen in real life. Agreed, but the way the story writers handles such situations in shows is insensitive. Rape issues have a lot of social and personal ramifications for the victim, victim's family and even the society.
Not to mention that some stupid characters in YMGGK will only make it worse such as shetal mami and Priyanka. Even in such a difficult time and a sensitive track, the CVs would not refrain from making sheetal mami say stupid things.

Personally, I hate this track. As if it wasn't enough that lata had a miserable first marriage, got divorced, was lonely, had to listen to dumb sheetal mami's track and NOW they inflict this HEINOUS TORTURE on her. No, seriously, RAPE doesn't only affect a female physically. It affects a female soul in IRREPARABLE ways and sometimes it may be tough to get out of that negative whirlpool.

well said dearClapClapClap
even myself is also angry with this annoying trackAngryAngry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ZEEZEEMohini19rechus

Mohini19 Goldie
Mohini19
Mohini19

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Glad to see that there are others who feel the same

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nags-

orianthi Goldie
orianthi
orianthi

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged

I know that what I'm posting will evoke mixed reaction from my fellow IF members. But, I''ll try to express my views without being too opinionated.

The moment I heard and saw about Lata's rape track, It really made me start thinking about the sensibilities of the story writers and CVs. Rape is an extremely serious and a very very sensitive issue for most of us (if not all). I'm actually amazed at how lightly and easily the story writers and CVs decide to show it on Indian television. And yes, I'm not just talking about YMGGK. It has been shown previously on many other shows (I don't wanna name those shows, but most of you are probably aware of them).
Now, one my argue that these things actually happen in real life. Agreed, but the way the story writers handles such situations in shows is insensitive. Rape issues have a lot of social and personal ramifications for the victim, victim's family and even the society.
Not to mention that some stupid characters in YMGGK will only make it worse such as shetal mami and Priyanka. Even in such a difficult time and a sensitive track, the CVs would not refrain from making sheetal mami say stupid things.

Personally, I hate this track. As if it wasn't enough that lata had a miserable first marriage, got divorced, was lonely, had to listen to dumb sheetal mami's track and NOW they inflict this HEINOUS TORTURE on her. No, seriously, RAPE doesn't only affect a female physically. It affects a female soul in IRREPARABLE ways and sometimes it may be tough to get out of that negative whirlpool.

I agree 100%. The setting of the show is not one which is suited for this type of track. This is a serious issue as u said and Sheetal and Priyanka would just be insensitive and i can only imagine the disgusting remarks they'd make. THIS IS UNFAIR TO LATA, and DEGRADING TO WOMEN.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ZEEZEEwestindiangeetsMohini19YMGGK_favourite-Nags-

YMGGK_favourite IF-Dazzler
YMGGK_favourite
YMGGK_favourite

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by orianthi

I agree 100%. The setting of the show is not one which is suited for this type of track. This is a serious issue as u said and Sheetal and Priyanka would just be insensitive and i can only imagine the disgusting remarks they'd make. THIS IS UNFAIR TO LATA, and DEGRADING TO WOMEN.

I totally agree with you because for the victim she will always be traumatised in her situation and she will be afraid of men ... Priyanka and Sheetal are just insensitive and need some good licks
but i understand Lata's situation and it is Totally unfair to Lata and i agree it is degrading to women.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ZEEZEEwestindiangeetsMohini19orianthi-Nags-

rechus IF-Addictz
rechus
rechus

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by YMGGK_favourite

Originally posted by orianthi

</div><div>I agree 100%. The setting of the show is not one which is suited for this type of track. This is a serious issue as u said and Sheetal and Priyanka would just be insensitive and i can only imagine the disgusting remarks they'd make.<font color="#ff0000"> THIS IS UNFAIR TO LATA, and DEGRADING TO WOMEN.</font>

I totally agree with you because for the victim she will always be traumatised in her situation and she will be afraid of men ... Priyanka and Sheetal are just insensitive and need some good licks
but i understand Lata's situation and it is <font size="5">Totally unfair to Lata and i agree it is degrading to women.</font>

well said guys... In evry serial we saw ladies suffering alot.. I d't knw y evry1 like to degrading women..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nags-

sahil70 IF-Sizzlerz
sahil70
sahil70

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
said it before cvs are losing their grip on the show and are just on a uncontrollable spree of negativity and this just  well what can one sayThumbs Down

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

westindiangeetsorianthiMohini19

Go to top