Rape Track is a HUGELY SENSITIVE and TOUCHY one

Posted: 12 years ago
I know that what I'm posting will evoke mixed reaction from my fellow IF members. But, I''ll try to express my views without being too opinionated.

The moment I heard and saw about Lata's rape track, It really made me start thinking about the sensibilities of the story writers and CVs. Rape is an extremely serious and a very very sensitive issue for most of us (if not all). I'm actually amazed at how lightly and easily the story writers and CVs decide to show it on Indian television. And yes, I'm not just talking about YMGGK. It has been shown previously on many other shows (I don't wanna name those shows, but most of you are probably aware of them).
Now, one my argue that these things actually happen in real life. Agreed, but the way the story writers handle such situations in shows is insensitive. Rape issues have a lot of social and personal ramifications for the victim, victim's family and even the society.
Not to mention that some stupid characters in YMGGK will only make it worse such as sheetal mami and Priyanka. Even in such a difficult time and a sensitive track, the CVs would not refrain from making sheetal mami say stupid things.

Personally, I hate this track. As if it wasn't enough that lata had a miserable first marriage, got divorced, was lonely, had to listen to dumb sheetal mami's nonsense and NOW they inflict this HEINOUS TORTURE on her. No, seriously, RAPE doesn't only affect a female physically. It affects a female soul in IRREPARABLE ways and sometimes it may be tough to get out of that negative whirlpool.

I'm personally SUPER ANGRY at this TRACK.
Edited by Mohini19 - 12 years ago
Excllnt.. U r absolutly ryte... I'm tottaly agree with u..
Originally posted by Mohini19

I know that what I'm posting will evoke mixed reaction from my fellow IF members. But, I''' try to express my views without being too opinionated.

The moment I heard and saw about Lata's rape track, It really made me start thinking about the sensibilities of the story writers and CVs. Rape is an extremely serious and a very very sensitive issue for most of us (if not all). I'm actually amazed at how lightly and easily the story writers and CVs decide to show it in Indian television. And yes, I'm not just talking about YMGGK. It has been shown previously on many other shows (I don't wanna name those shows, but most of you are probably aware of them).
Now, one my argue that these things actually happen in real life. Agreed, but the way the story writers handles such situations in shows is insensitive. Rape issues have a lot of social and personal ramifications for the victim, victim's family and even the society.
Not to mention that some stupid characters in YMGGK will only make it worse such as shetal mami and Priyanka. Even in such a difficult time and a sensitive track, the CVs would not refrain from making sheetal mami say stupid things.

Personally, I hate this track. As if it wasn't enough that lata had a miserable first marriage, got divorced, was lonely, had to listen to dumb sheetal mami's track and NOW they inflict this HEINOUS TORTURE on her. No, seriously, RAPE doesn't only affect a female physically. It affects a female soul in IRREPARABLE ways and sometimes it may be tough to get out of that negative whirlpool.

well said dear๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
even myself is also angry with this annoying track๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Glad to see that there are others who feel the same
Originally posted by Mohini19

I know that what I'm posting will evoke mixed reaction from my fellow IF members. But, I''ll try to express my views without being too opinionated.

The moment I heard and saw about Lata's rape track, It really made me start thinking about the sensibilities of the story writers and CVs. Rape is an extremely serious and a very very sensitive issue for most of us (if not all). I'm actually amazed at how lightly and easily the story writers and CVs decide to show it on Indian television. And yes, I'm not just talking about YMGGK. It has been shown previously on many other shows (I don't wanna name those shows, but most of you are probably aware of them).
Now, one my argue that these things actually happen in real life. Agreed, but the way the story writers handles such situations in shows is insensitive. Rape issues have a lot of social and personal ramifications for the victim, victim's family and even the society.
Not to mention that some stupid characters in YMGGK will only make it worse such as shetal mami and Priyanka. Even in such a difficult time and a sensitive track, the CVs would not refrain from making sheetal mami say stupid things.

Personally, I hate this track. As if it wasn't enough that lata had a miserable first marriage, got divorced, was lonely, had to listen to dumb sheetal mami's track and NOW they inflict this HEINOUS TORTURE on her. No, seriously, RAPE doesn't only affect a female physically. It affects a female soul in IRREPARABLE ways and sometimes it may be tough to get out of that negative whirlpool.

I agree 100%. The setting of the show is not one which is suited for this type of track. This is a serious issue as u said and Sheetal and Priyanka would just be insensitive and i can only imagine the disgusting remarks they'd make. THIS IS UNFAIR TO LATA, and DEGRADING TO WOMEN.
Originally posted by orianthi

I agree 100%. The setting of the show is not one which is suited for this type of track. This is a serious issue as u said and Sheetal and Priyanka would just be insensitive and i can only imagine the disgusting remarks they'd make. THIS IS UNFAIR TO LATA, and DEGRADING TO WOMEN.

I totally agree with you because for the victim she will always be traumatised in her situation and she will be afraid of men ... Priyanka and Sheetal are just insensitive and need some good licks
but i understand Lata's situation and it is Totally unfair to Lata and i agree it is degrading to women.
Originally posted by YMGGK_favourite

I totally agree with you because for the victim she will always be traumatised in her situation and she will be afraid of men ... Priyanka and Sheetal are just insensitive and need some good licks
but i understand Lata's situation and it is <font size="5">Totally unfair to Lata and i agree it is degrading to women.</font>

well said guys... In evry serial we saw ladies suffering alot.. I d't knw y evry1 like to degrading women..
said it before cvs are losing their grip on the show and are just on a uncontrollable spree of negativity and this just  well what can one say๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
Mohini..thank u for ur very well said post..always  i have objected about this rape issue in indian teleindustry or film industry..this is like a trendy to show in every soap these days...this is very sensitive,brutal, issue to show..but cvs never take this matter seriously..rape is not a simple matter ,not only for the victim  and as well as her family members  feel and  suffer  it forever ...whole life of a woman can destroy...i dont know y this cvs love to choose this rape as a entertainment...?ez to show in the soap RAPE word but it is neither a story nor a simple word it is a severe pain  of  a woman which no one    will understand ...another soap was aired few months back in zee..which i didnot like it either ..pls cvs dont show this kind of matter or choose...
very sorry and annoyed  whenever i have read about this track..beside this they could have been chosen different track..and i dont want to talk about that worse character sheetal mami...since YMGGK has been started this character is here with her nasty attitude... disgusting ...
Edited by Kinara2 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Kinara2

Mohini..thank u for ur very well said post..always i have objected about this rape issue in indian teleindustry or film industry..this is like a trendy to show in every soap these days...this is very sensitive,brutal, issue to show..but cvs never take this matter seriously..rape is not a simple matter ,only the victim and as well as her family members feel and suffer about it ...whole life of a woman can destroy...i dont know y this cvs love to choose this rape as a entertainment...?
very sorry and annoyed whenver i have read about this track..beside this they could have been chosen different track..and i dont want to talk about that worse character sheetal mami...since YMGGK has been started this character is here with her nasty attitude... disgusting ...

u r ryte.. CVs considr this is normal and simple track...but we knw hw much terrible this type of tracks...