Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

***// Multitalented Hottie~Amit FC Completed\\*** (Page 91)

jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 4:14am | IP Logged

.Dalisay. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dalisay.
.Dalisay.

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 5:28am | IP Logged

Handsome heart-throb

Amit Tandon did not win the Indian Idol title but conquered a million hearts not just with his voice but also his good looks, says Torsa Ghosal about 
this young rising star .

Amit Tandon. A handsome eloquent VJ went to become a singer, in fact the nation's idol at that. Did not win the title but conquered a million hearts, not just with his voice but also his looks. If that was not enough his debut-serial is gaining in popularity day-by-day with youngsters as it arrives with its bouquet of candy-floss interwoven love stories. So when asked "Kaisa yeh pyar hai?", Amit Tandon smiled at the question. Let's get to know more of this guy who just arrived to steal hearts. 

Amit, how's been your experience working in the serial Kaisa yeh pyar hai?
It's been awesome! I am just happy doing it. I am enjoying every bit of it so far. Most of all, my track is progressing really well. Ekta (Kapoor) has kept her word. She's kept my role the way she'd said it would be. No tampering. It's just the way I had known and wanted. Now on my part I am trying my utmost to do justice to the role. My track is increasing but there are loads for you to see in the coming months.

How was your experience working with the banner of Balaji telefilms?
Well, if I am having a ball in the show that's because I am enjoying working with the team. So far the journey together has been outstanding. They are an excellent team to work with. I am looking forward to more work with them. 

How did you get this role in the first place?
While Indian Idol was on Balaji spoke to me about doing a show, that was "Kaisa yeh pyar hai". Then I auditioned for it and made it. 

How hectic is the shooting for a daily soap? Especially tearjerkers?
It's tiring and even draining at times. But at the end of the day if you love acting, you won't mind shooting for long hours. It makes you feel happy instead if you are satisfied with your work. The effort you put in is worth it.

Post Indian Idol, the singer Amit went on a hiatus and donned an actor's mantle. How have your fans reacted?
Actually, excellent. The response has been positive. We know the serial's doing well, same with my character. I think in course of time people will eventually love this character called Prithvi. 

Who's been your favourite co-actor?
(Pause) We all are great friends both on and off-screen! Iqbal (Angad in the serial) is a good pal. Even others Kripa, Mishti (character-names) are friends off-screen. Actually when you shoot for hours and days together you become one close family. 

Do you identify with your character Prithvi?
I do up to some extent. Prithvi has got some shades of myself but again its too good to be true at times. I am more realistic. 

Any new offers?
Right now I am with Sony having signed a contract with them, so I will be working only with them. Besides as this is my first show I want to concentrate more on this. I don't have too much time for another serial like this as of now at least. 

Any offers from the film industry?
The serial though popular is barely a few months old. So I guess its too early to expect good offers coming in. People will get to know more of the character as well as my acting skills as time goes. So I don't really expect anything miraculous right now. 

What about your future in singing after Indian Idol?
It's not over and won't be over, ever. I love it. Honestly, I don't get much time to rehearse each day but am trying to hone my skills. I have got myself a new guru Kader Khan who trained us during Indian Idol. And you will soon see me singing as well.

What was your aim in life, to become a singer or an actor?
None, specifically. Actually I wanted to be an entertainer - so that says it all. I did VJ-ing for quite sometime and then with Indian Idol got to hum notes and now it's acting! Basically I love to entertain people in any wholesome way possible.

What are your hobbies?
I love acting, watching TV and reading books... things like that. 

Who is your favourite actor, someone you want to work with?
Amitabh Bachchan is just the best! I also like Aamir Khan and would love to work with him. And Salman Khan too; not that much for his acting but for his attitude and body profile, I admire him a lot. 

Your message for the Gen-Y wannabe stars and would-be entertainers?
A universal message from me - be realistic! Everyone wants to be a star but what is most important is to know your own true potential. Don't deceive yourself. Judge if you can make it. If you have it in you, check out it shouldn't be a daydream. And if you feel you can do it then work hard towards your goal, have patience - success may come overnight or may take years. Be realistic always. 

And did you always believe you would make it someday?
I have just started and have a long way to go. Honestly, if I work hard and things continue to go well I may reach there. But it will take a lot of effort, patience and time. I know that and I am true to myself.

Then he signs off in his charismatic manner and makes me wonder what's so special about him that gets one hooked. I am sure his die-hard fans would be able to answer that better. What say, gals?

Do you believe in arranged marriages?
I am OK with it. Now days an arranged marriage is not like before. At least you get to meet the girl. I have been in a few relationships before but none have worked out so now I have left it to the wisdom of my parents.

Has all this exposure and fame changed things for you?
I have basically not changed. But now people recognize me and I even get asked for autographs. I take all this with a pinch of salt. For me this is a step towards something bigger.

How has the journey been so far, you are said to have the X factor?
I do not know whether this X or Y or Z factor is good or bad but it is obvious that I need to work on my singing and performance. Audiences do not consider this factor enough. You have to shine in all aspects. My friends were shocked that I did not make it for I was being considered the complete package. Now I know that to get that edge I need be able to sing well too. I have to convince everyone that I am not the Yo Yo VJ type.

What kinds of response have you been getting from people?
I had gone back to Delhi after the wild card round and my mother wanted me to get married. Enough of chasing dreams! The girl's family saw me on television screen and liked me. So even if I do not become the Indian Idol at least I will get some rishtas.

What if you become the Indian Idol?
First of all I would further my musical training. I would make everyone proud of me. The Indian Idol should be able to hold his own amongst the Idols of the world. I also want to rejuvenate the pop music industry in India. In the US the music industry is bigger than the film industry unlike here. With the money – 10% of it I would spend foolishly on a car, holiday and some shopping. The rest I would invest for my future

What do you make of the other contestants?
I believe in myself. Wining is not important but being satisfied with ones performance. I do not have classical training like the others.

Edited by ANrucha - 18 October 2011 at 5:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jsha

.Dalisay. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dalisay.
.Dalisay.

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 5:34am | IP Logged
I had gone back to Delhi after the wild card round and my mother wanted me to get married. Enough of chasing dreams! The girl's family saw me on television screen and liked me. So even if I do not become the Indian Idol at least I will get some rishtas.

@ Italic ROFL

jsha

.Dalisay. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dalisay.
.Dalisay.

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 5:36am | IP Logged

He was superb on the idol stage yaar...most stylish singer among other contestants :)

Edited by ANrucha - 18 October 2011 at 6:24am

jsha

.Dalisay. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dalisay.
.Dalisay.

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 6:28am | IP Logged

jsha

.Dalisay. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dalisay.
.Dalisay.

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged

jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ANrucha

@ Italic ROFL

LOL meri mom ne choose kyun nahi kiya LOLLOL

.Dalisay.

jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged
knock knock koi hai kya Smile

Go to top