India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

famous and infamous affairs (Page 15)

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I don't understand why Dharmendra and Hema Malini would convert to Islam.  Granted officially, India outlawed Polygamy for Hindus while allowing it for Muslims, but there are plenty of Hindus with second wives even after the law was established.

The government doesn't really go after people, like say the US government does for bigamy.  You can be married to two people if you want, and even if it's technically illegal, the government will leave you alone. Unless... the wife files a complaint.

P.S. this includes polyandry, which is still practiced in some rural/tribal areas.

Edited by likarsh - 20 September 2011 at 10:52am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-bamboocoptershamilhowzzatruky786

TuesdaysChild Senior Member
TuesdaysChild
TuesdaysChild

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

I don't understand why Dharmendra and Hema Malini would convert to Islam.  Granted officially, India outlawed Polygamy for Hindus while allowing it for Muslims, but there are plenty of Hindus with second wives even after the law was established.

The government doesn't really go after people, like say the US government does for bigamy.  You can be married to two people if you want, and even if it's technically illegal, the government will leave you alone. Unless... the wife files a complaint.

P.S. this includes polyandry, which is still practiced in some rural/tribal areas.

Think Prakash Kaur, the first wife, would have DEFINITELY filed a complaint. Would explain why Dharmendra felt he HAD to convert.  Question is though, is he still officially a Muslim? Or did he pack it in after the wedding? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
^^ Oh, yes. That makes sense. 

I have no idea if he's officially still a Muslim. It's not like anyone took the 'conversion' seriously anyway.

P.S. I said Hindu, when I think the Deols are Sikh.  But what I meant was the Hindu Marriage Act, which was meant to encompass Sikhs as well.

But it might explain the conversion.  Since I don't think Sikhism ever allowed Polygamy.

Edited by likarsh - 20 September 2011 at 3:16pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopterruky786

Dimdim. IF-Rockerz
Dimdim.
Dimdim.

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
As teenagers growing up in Bombay we often used to read these about these affairs.

Then when AIDS was discovered that was around 88- 89...we used to wonder how it will affect BOLLYWOOD.  

With so many of them changing partners... Today after almost 20 yrs Its  sure is a blessing these guys are all  NORMAL and have healthy lives.

Edited by KripaRajput - 20 September 2011 at 3:25pm

shamilbamboocopter

Dimdim. IF-Rockerz
Dimdim.
Dimdim.

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by the scrutineer

Originally posted by likarsh

Think Prakash Kaur, the first wife, would have DEFINITELY filed a complaint. Would explain why Dharmendra felt he HAD to convert.  Question is though, is he still officially a Muslim? Or did he pack it in after the wedding? 

He became a  MUSLIM only to get married...I doubt whether he is a  muslim now.
Its unfortunate how these celebrities get away  with all this,

There were so many after Hema Malini. Sanjeev Kumar was besotted with her. And the other was Jeetendra...

Edited by KripaRajput - 20 September 2011 at 3:42pm

shamilruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
He probably isn't a Muslim...dont think he follows it. But aah well he's married with two wives...two sons and two daughters.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rantimi

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Ruky, Rajesh Khanna was a superstar in his time...VERYYY good looking guy. My parents tell me his craze was something else--girls married photos of his. It's no wonder Tina fell for him..

As for dharam paaji I don't think he's still Muslim. He actually has 2 sons and 4 daughters.

-Kruti.S-bamboocopter

bollywoodbabe1 IF-Dazzler
bollywoodbabe1
bollywoodbabe1

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

He probably isn't a Muslim...dont think he follows it. But aah well he's married with two wives...two sons and two daughters.

Doesn't he have two other daughters from his first wife also. So that's like 2 sons, 4 daughters LOL

Go to top