India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bewafaa sucks!

bollyfreak Senior Member
bollyfreak
bollyfreak

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Mannn i was gonna go to see it tonight in the theatres but i am reading on every website that it really is not that good. IN indiafm it for 1 and a half stars.. haha...and in rediff it says to stay away from the movie. And in radiosargam.com they gave it a 1/10!!!!

I mean what the hecckkkk. I dont think i could be that bad. If anyone knows anyone that saw it, or any positive reviews, then please let me know. Thanks guys! Tongue

Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
so the year is beagan with flops...
shabdh, black,zameer, and now beewafa
and the three films in most awaited movies of 2005 are flops
Beewafaa,Black,Shabdh
lets hope others are good.
kdmh Senior Member
kdmh
kdmh

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
i saw it its not nice i don't know if you think its good but i hate it Dead
preity*zinta IF-Sizzlerz
preity*zinta
preity*zinta

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
blackz nah a flop
krazee_gurl Goldie
krazee_gurl
krazee_gurl

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
i was looking forward to bewafaa, i have the songs on my computer, and i thought they were really good.
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

Here's mid-day's review:

Film review of 'Bewafaa'
   By: Mayank Shekhar
   February 26, 2005

*YUCK **WHATEVER ***GOOD ****SUPER *****AWESOME

Unfaithfully yours...

Bewafaa**
CBFC Rating: U
Dir: Dharmesh Darshan
Cast: Anil Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Akshay Kumar

This is what, by strict dictionary definition, they call a Bollywood blockbuster.

Heavy dialogue interplays, a grand house with two staircases leading up to a common corridor and a stadium-sized living room, and honourable homilies on how family comes first and God is great… you know what I mean.

Dharmesh means to take us through a darshan of, besides Montreal, aspects that made his last two hits (Dhadkan, Raja Hindustani) a skewed conflict in relationships, or an emotional entertainer, as they say. And this one concerns Aditya (Kapoor) who marries his deceased wife's sister Anjali (Kareena).

There are two thorns in what should have been a bed of roses: One, the omnipresence of the dead wife (Sushmita Sen), due to which the current family lives under the shadow of an unfortunate past. Two, Anjali's boyfriend (Kumar), who returns to her life.

Linking the plot to Gumraah, as was previously purported, may be a disservice to B R Chopra's intensely dramatic 1963 film. For Bewafaa picks from many past sources, and in a sense, picks up from the point Sooraj Barjatya's Hum Aapke Hain Kaun left off.

And here lies the obvious glare: Kareena's well-enacted key character, unlike Madhuri's in the 1994 blockbuster, remains alarmingly unexplained.

First head-over-heels over husband-to-be (Khanna), immediately later, automatically agreeable to marriage with her bro-in-law, then seen trying to impress her husband, immediately later, veering towards ex-boyfriend.

While you aren't sure of her mind, you're not sure of her screen-husband's (Kapoor) motivations either.

As the film finally concludes (whoever the eventual winner), you are treated to a long justification spiel — this time, with one of the leading men directly talking to the audience!

Given its popular persuasion, the film should also be judged for its immensely able actors, who effectively translate the melodrama on screen (Kapoor in particular), and the mellifluous, massy music scored by Nadeem-Shravan, though comedy as the essential masala component is conspicuously missing in this compendium.

Bewafaa is what film traders conjecture in hushed tones over, "Hit hai jee?" The rest, supposedly, does not matter.

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 26 February 2005 at 4:48am | IP Logged

I was really looking 4ward 2 watching it too...

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 26 February 2005 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Yeah me too...wanted to watch it...but now,I DON'T!!

thanx sheena.

:-)

Go to top