Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Together again at the Coffee Table (Page 28)

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
arwen gotra in simple terms is say Ur last name eg in Pakistan too i know in jat community they use last names bhati grewal gill which we Sikhs use too we call that last name as gotra and we r not allowed to marry even a non relative who is from our father and mothers gotra aka last name...so when i had to get married they had to exclude any potential groom from my dad and my mom's last name side..in old days they also used to exclude Nani and dadi's maiden last names...nwo with big population they allow that in some communities

and skeps dear i think so too he was yateem brought up by baba... the way they showed bec once adoption is done with puja or in sikh's case with sikh prayers in gurdwara they become much more binding and real then child is equal to biological child..yes that relationship in bandini i know ...so many people had war about it but ethically what tehy showed was right though ..it is considered incest... eg my brother's in law family is considered i have to call his wfe's mom and dad massi ji and mausa ji(like khala)
to make long story short ancient india had a very developed scientific society...u see parts of it in pakistan itself in mintgumri and texila itself..they devised these plans to avoid inbreeding and genetic diseases

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arwen.

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

Tanu i read it just yesterday and i didnt understand it Embarrassed Is gotra distant family Confused? and the sages part confused me as well ... So several million people are connected thru a common ancestor and hence cant marry Confusedand then d court thingy was the final nail in the coffin ... bcos it made it sound like that people themselves are confused Confused

Yep.. in indian culture.. its like everyone is a descendant of the seven sages...Smile that King Manu had saved when the world had ended... ! So in our culture.. inter gotra marriage are not allowed.. its like ur marrying ur bro/sis... ! We in bengal are still following this culture.. like if u ask. .my gotra is Kashyap Gotra (my dads gotra) aka ..we are descendants of Kashyap Muni... n My mom is bharadwaj gotra.. she is desccendant of Bharadwaj  Muni

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 October 2011 at 12:24pm

Arwen.

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
arwen last name marriage is big ethical question in India,bec with this many million population relationship obviously is not possible genetically which is valid only up to 7 generations according to scietists..but still its considered big no no ..in Bengal as  its said its descendent's from rishis..same is in most of north india...basicaly its like common ancestors...but courts sometimes allow such marriages bec legal system is based on British ways Na

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

achieverArwen.

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
But Sami dont people prefer marriages in their own communities/clans?  So people from different gotras can be part of the same clan Confused?

U r right about this being ingenious in that they avoided in breeding etc. Here .. genetic diseases have become prevalent in some families Ouch

But now with already skewed male-female ratios ... and all these ethical questions (aka what u said in that other thread of not even marrying a guy if u tied rakhi as a kid or grew up together or parents are really close to each other etc), it seems parents have to go through hell of a time to find an appropriate rishta Confused

Waise - KTLK guys are playing it safe. they havent revealed the last name of Doc Ashutosh LOL Nidhi is i think Nidhi Sharma?

last names reminds me ... is their a debate where Bollywood movies are concerned? I mean Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor romancing on screen etc Confused

Edited by Arwen. - 12 October 2011 at 12:48pm

Armu4eva

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

last names reminds me ... is their a debate where Bollywood movies are concerned? I mean Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor romancing on screen etc Confused

Nope..  Ranbir Kapoor..  Kareena Kapoor is the only issue there.. LOL

N i dunno how gotra is related to last names.. in bengalis such is not the custom.. its a lineage..!

Btw... even Mallikas last name has not been revealed.. LOL

Arwen.

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
arwen population bahut jayaada hai re never r rishtas ki kami this type of strict regime is done in Bengali Hindus and also jat Sikh communities in some other casts and also other north Indian communities like Brahmin's etc..
but people who migrated from Pakistani cities etc like ukada sahiwal Peshawar and Rawalpindi areas despite being Hindus and Sikhs do cousin marriages and all .kapoors family i mean raj kaporrs family did it ..so now a days they do less but from those region people certain casts do exchange marriages too like u marry my sis i marry urs type...which is again big no no for north indians...so u see end of story u can say is
IT IS COMPLICATED with india being such big country with so many rituals and cultures but north indians in majority follow these traditions

Arwen.

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged
@Tanu - i read in Bolly forums that Anil Kapoor's father was some sort of cousin of Prithviraj i think. Actually people were going on about how Sonam is a distant aunt of Ranbir's LOL I do think the connection doesnt go as far back as 7 generations and is probably nearer than that Confused But kher like Sami - explained pretty well about migrant families and all Smile I m still confused off course ROFLROFLROFL IT IS COMPLICATED sums things up pretty nicely LOL

@Sami - movies sure paint a different picture waise Smile AND Television ... i wouldnt have guessed the multiple marriages in the same family thing Tongue 

thanks for being so patient with my questionsSmile thanks alot gals HugHugHug

@Tanu - about Bollywood .. considering all the star kids debuts, it wont be long before no one can be opposite any one else LOL Sonam's brother and first cousin are both future heroes LOL And i ll bet that Sri Devi's daughters will also make their debuts eventually Tongue 

and about KTLK - remember in DK we knew from first that his name is Dr Ahmer Ansari? nothing of this sort here Tongue and yeh even Mallika's name hasnt been revealed either... imagine if she turns out to be a long lost (biological) sister of Ashutosh? Poor thing!! laikin kia twist hoga kahani mein!! ROFLROFLROFL

Armu4eva

morningdew IF-Dazzler
morningdew
morningdew

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Hey girls !! Hug

I see the string is running full steam !! Just dropped in to say hi.. am not watching the show, yet.. 

Whats the feedback?? Smile

Armu4eva

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index