Short story #7 on page 14 (3/11) - Page 5

Posted: 18 years ago
natasha very nice and sad story write more of them soon. 😊

Originally posted by zarna

natasha very nice and sad story write more of them soon. 😊

i will!!😃

Read the last two, loved the second one, loved the third one but hated it after reading the last sentence.  I should have not read the third story today, 😭 

Still continue soon! 😊

Neha

P.S. Where can i find that song, Mi Morena, i know its by Josh Gorben... or what ever his name is... 😆

Neha

Originally posted by neha9

Read the last two, loved the second one, loved the third one but hated it after reading the last sentence.  I should have not read the third story today, 😭 

Still continue soon! 😊

Neha

P.S. Where can i find that song, Mi Morena, i know its by Josh Gorben... or what ever his name is... 😆

Neha

awww....you shouldn't have!!BUt a forewarning it gets worse...like i told Samia that was only a teaser sad story!!!😕

Here is the song:http://rapidshare.de/files/11534310/Josh_Groban_-_Mi_Morena. mp3.html

I couldn't find it on the net so i downloaded it. THe link is above!!

-Natasha

Originally posted by simplyconfused

awww....you shouldn't have!!BUt a forewarning it gets worse...like i told Samia that was only a teaser sad story!!!😕

Here is the song:http://rapidshare.de/files/11534310/Josh_Groban_-_Mi_Morena. mp3.html

I couldn't find it on the net so i downloaded it. THe link is above!!

-Natasha

well then i'll make sure i read other comments from now on.  Why sad???  I blame nichlos sparks for it! 😡

Originally posted by neha9

well then i'll make sure i read other comments from now on.  Why sad???  I blame nichlos sparks for it! 😡

hahaha dont worry very few will be sad! And some of them they seperate in the end...no one dies!! Anyways to make up for that depressing one I am about to post another one in like 1 minute! It is happy!!😆

Reunion

(Short story #4)

NOTE THIS IS IN KRIPA'S POINT OF VIEW!!!

It was a beautiful winter's night. It seemed like so long since I've stepped foot into my old school. 10 years in fact. Coming for my 10-year reunion brought on a wave of memories and nostalgia.

When I came in through the huge doors into the entrance hall my first year… each stone seemed to possess a fond memory for me.

Looking out, I saw the lake. All the time I spent studying or just sitting next to Prithvi and Josh.

The second pair of doors opened up for me and I marveled at the splendor. For this occasion, tables were put off to the side, leaving the center for dancing. I remembered the Christmas Ball with a soft smile on my lips. How Josh fumed when he found out I was dancing with Rohit.

Suddenly, I realized that I was standing there like an idiot. I searched the crowd for Prithvi and Josh. Seeing a shock of light brown hair, I headed in that direction.

"Kripa!" Prithvi cried seeing me. Alliyah ran up and hugged me. I noticed her bulging belly.

"Alliyah! What have you and Prithvi been up to?" I gave her a half smile.

Prithvi stepped up to us and put an arm around Alliyah.

"You know I've always wanted a huge family, Krips" he said. We all laughed.

Josh joined the conversation, "someday Alliyah is going to look just like mom."

Alliyah pretended to punch him. "Say something like that and you'll find out I'm WORSE than mom." She said in a voice strikingly similar to Mrs. Chopra's thundering tone. Josh lost his smile.

I laughed. "It's been too long." I sighed.

Suddenly, the room darkened and a slowly revolving disco ball started reflecting colors all around the hall. Music started to play.

"May I ask you for a dance?" Josh asked me with a lopsided grin.

"Of course." I replied. We headed out to the dance floor, waving goodbye to Prithvi and Alliyah, who were slowly revolving on the spot where we left them. The love in their eyes was evident.

"They look so happy together." I told Josh.

"They do. Do you know they're expecting triplets? 2 boys and a girl. They plan to name them Rohun, Dev, and Priya. I swear they're trying to outdo mom and dad." He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Really? How far along is she?" I asked him.

"About three months." He replied.

We talked a bit more about what had been going on the past 10 years.

Before we knew it, the dance was almost over. Prithvi stepped up behind Josh.

"May I cut in?" he said.

"Sure. I want to spend some quality brother-sister time" he replied.

"Too late. Alliyah's dancing with Dev." Prithvi said.

Josh cringed. "Are those hormonal imbalances affecting her brain?"

We all laughed again. I had missed Josh's overacting remarks.

"Dev has been a lot better towards us. I think he finally put the demons of his past to rest." I commented.

"I agree to that. A moment ago, he actually called me Prithvi! I was so shocked I just nodded." Prithvi stated.

"But he still hasn't lost his touch. And I have noticed that students avoid him as he entered the place…" I commented.

"Some habits die hard, I guess…" Josh told me.

Prithvi then turned to me.

"So what about that dance, Miss Sharma?" Prithvi offered his arm.

"Go on, just leave me here. I'll find something to do." Josh said, in an effort to produce a pathetic voice.

We rolled our eyes and I put my arms around Prithvi. He still has that messy look but he finally got rid of his glasses, which made his eyes sparkle like sapphires.

Life had been tough for all of us, but even more so for Prithvi. It was only fair that Prithvi finally had a shot at happiness.

"I'm so happy for you Prithvi." I told him.

"Thanks. I think I can finally put the past behind me." He said in a soft voice.

"Has Josh found anyone special yet? I noticed he didn't come in with a date." I asked him.

"Not yet, but I think he has an eye on Samia, if you know what I mean." He replied. We laughed again.

"I heard from a little bird that you made head FBI." I said with a cheeky grin.

"Who told you that?" he asked.

"Alliyah. She couldn't wait to say how proud she was of her husband." I stated.

"It's not that big of a deal." He told me sheepishly.

"But it is Prithvi. You finally have everything you've always dreamed of. You've landed your dream job. And soon, you're going to have a family!" I told him with a smile.

"I already do have a family. You, Josh, Alliyah and the rest of the Chopra clan. You all are and always will be my family. Nothing can ever change that," he told me.

"Now enough about me. What's going on in your life?" he asked me.

"Well, I've been traveling around the world for promoting international co-dependence. It's one of the things I've always been passionate about." I told him.

He snorted. He must have remembered my incidents at school.

"Don't worry. I've finally put some things behind me. It took me a lot of pondering and millions of hate letters from people to finally see the light." I told him. He pretended to sigh in relief. I pretended to be angry, swatting him with my hand.

The dance ended. We headed back to Alliyah and Josh.

Alliyah pretended to look jealous. "You guys looked too good out there. I was starting to get jealous."

"There's no one else I'd rather be with than you, love." Prithvi whispered to Alliyah. They started to kiss.

"Eew. Once at your wedding is enough for a big brother to handle." Josh complained.

We all laughed and Prithvi and Alliyah reluctantly ended their kiss.

The ball went on like this for some time. We danced with several other people from our year, some; I never thought I would share a dance with. I was so surprised when Manan asked me for a dance.

We headed out to the dance floor. As we revolved around the room, we made idle chitchat.

"I had never really gotten to know you, Kripa. May I call you that?" he asked me.

"Of course. May I call you Manan?" I replied.

"It's a fair trade. I never thought I would be able to share a dance with the smartest girl." he told me.

"We were really stupid back then, don't you think? With all the rivalries and animosity." I commented.

"There was a lot of prejudice back then too." He told me.

"It's also my fault. I judged you all because of the actions of one person. It wasn't until after graduation that I got to know others really well." I told him.

"Like my wife, Pooja?" he said with a smile.

"I didn't know Pooja was married. I didn't see a ring on her finger when we met in France." I asked confused.

"We were still gong out back then. She couldn't make it tonight because of her sickness. We're expecting a girl." He informed me.

"Congratulations! I wish you all the happiness in the world."

"Thank you."

As the last strains of the dance played, he asked me the most surprising question of all.

"So I expect an invitation to the wedding?" he asked with a small smile.

How did he know?

"Who do you think is my best friend?" he informed me with a smile.

As the dance ended, he told me one last thing. "Pooja and I are so happy for you both Kripa. We've been waiting for so long for him to finally realize that you're the one for him."

"Thank you Manan."

I returned to the guys and Alliyah. There only a few dances left. I waited anxiously for him to arrive.

As I brushed my hair behind my ear a flash of light reflected off the ring. Alliyah caught it.

"Kripa! I didn't know you were engaged!" Alliyah hugged me.

"You hid this from us?" Prithvi asked me. Alliyah hushed him.

"Who, when, where and how?" she asked me bluntly.

"I'll save who for last. And to answer Prithvi's question, it was going to be a surprise. I'm mailing the invitations when we set a date. Okay we met in Spain. He's an FBI agent too, but he works for the international safety branch. We started talking and then started dating. He asked me last year during a romantic candlelight dinner in a restaurant."

I sighed, remembering the most romantic night of my life.

Flashback:

Music was softly playing in the small, but cozy restaurant Angad took me to.

He looked very tense on this date. He kept fidgeting. It was as if he wanted the dinner to be over quickly. I started to get worried. What if he wanted to break up with me?

"What's wrong, love?" I asked him.

He let out a deep breath and got down on one knee.

Was he going to do what I think he's gong to do?

"Kripa, you have given me the most happiness that I've ever felt in my entire life. You lit it up when I thought it was going to remain clouded forever. I don't want it to remain like this forever."

He cleared his throat.

"Kripa Sharma, will you make me the happiest man in the world? Will you marry me?"

I was out of breath. I felt like I couldn't speak. In a shaky voice, I replied,

"Of course I will, because I love you so much. Ever since I met you, really met you, I couldn't imagine life without you by my side."

He stood up and put the most beautiful ring in my right hand. He lifted my chin and bent down to kiss me passionately.

"Kripa…"

End of flashback

"Kripa…" Alliyah was waving a hand in front of my face.

"You look like you were in a trance. Well?" she asked me.

"Well what?" I replied, still clearing my head from the memory.

"Who is it?" she asked me.

Suddenly, I caught a shock of pitch black hair. My heart lit up, along with a smile.

"Wait for a moment. I'll bring him here." I left them and headed to the direction of the black hair.

For a moment, I lost my way through the many dancing couples. Suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind. I was about to strike him when he suddenly kissed me. I recognized him instantly.

"Angad!" I sighed happily.

"My love." He replied.

"Come. Alliyah wants to meet the man who gave me the beautiful ring." I told him

"They know? I thought you wanted them to be surprised." He asked me.

"Word got out." I gave him a smile.

We headed over to the gang. Alliyah's eyes were wide and Prithvi's and Josh's mouths were hanging open.

"Guys, you're catching flies." I smirked at them, something I learned from Angad.

"Shit. You're engaged to Angad Khanna?" he said in shock.

"Yes Josh." I replied.

"Congratulations man." Prithvi said, with a twinkle in his eyes telling me he knew more than he let on.

"Wait a minute. You knew about it didn't you?" I accused him.

"Okay, okay, I admit it. Angad and I became friends during one of our FBI missions. You know how good I am at keeping secrets." He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Congratulations Kripa. I wish you the best. You're so lucky girl! You caught the man every girl here has been dreaming of," exclaimed Alliyah.

"Don't let him hear you say that. It would inflate his already over-large ego!" I said in a stage whisper. We all laughed.

Angad pretended to be mad and grabbed me from behind.

Prithvi pretended to be jealous of what Alliyah had remarked.

"Don't worry love, you're my dream come true," she whispered to Prithvi.

The emcees came up and announced that it was time for the final dance.

The beginning notes of "For you I will" started to play.

Angad said softly, "It's our song, Kripa."

Yes it was. It was the song we had danced to when we first met at a ball given by someone in Spain. It was also the song playing in the restaurant when he proposed to me.

Josh sighed. It was obvious he was uncomfortable at the couples around him.

"Go on. Leave the fifth wheel behind." Josh stated. He went to join Samia near the refreshment tables.

Prithvi and Alliyah went out to dance.

Angad turned to me. "You promised to save me the last dance, Kripa."

I smiled and took his arm. "Yes, I believe I did."

We stepped out into the dance floor. Many couples were shocked to find us dancing together. They started talking amongst themselves. I heard bits and pieces of conversation.

"It's so romantic!"

"Now that's one unexpected couple"

"They look so good together"

"Weren't they enemies back then?"

I shut them off and concentrated on the man in front of me. He was so dreamy.

"What are you thinking about love?" he asked me.

"The most wonderful man in the world." I replied.

He smiled. Knowing his inflated ego, I decided to tease him, saying,

"Isn't Santa just amazing?" I sighed.

Angad growled and out of the blue, he kissed me. Hard.

I nearly swooned.

"Who's the most wonderful man in the world now?" he asked me with his trademark smirk.

"You have the largest ego in the world, do you know that?" I told him.

"And you love me for it." He replied. I laughed.

"You're such…" but before I could retaliate, he kissed me again.

"An amazing kisser" I finished instead.

"I love you." He told me.

"More than words can say…" he finished.

He bent down to kiss me again.

I sighed happily.

At that moment, all was right in the world…

I was in the arms of the most wonderful man in the world…

The man I always and forever will love.

I wished the dance would never end.

Because I was right where I belonged…

Where I wanted to always stay…

In the arms of the man I love.

Forever…

Promise you…

For you I will…

Forever…

Hope you all liked it! And i hope it maid up for the sad one! Erm. If you didn't pick up Josh and Alliyah are siblings. Anyways hope you liked it!

-Natasha😳

Originally posted by simplyconfused

hahaha dont worry very few will be sad! And some of them they seperate in the end...no one dies!! Anyways to make up for that depressing one I am about to post another one in like 1 minute! It is happy!!😆

good!

Hey, yes you did girl. I read the story half way and was like hello no Angad and she said it was happy! lol. It was lovely, only if i got to see the two togeather like this in real life *sighsssss* lol. They are one unexpected couple for sure. 100% sure. Anyways, keep the happy fan-fics coming, lol.
Neha

Originally posted by Evee

awwwwwwwwwwww sooo romantic 😳 loved it! esp the ending... way better than last one 😆 😆
loveing these! cont soon!

lol it was!😆