Short story #7 on page 14 (3/11)

simplyconfused thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Ok basically these are short stories and I will post link to all the short stories so you dont have to look through all the pages on this post!

SHORT STORIES:

Lonley Painter's Soul (Short story #1) -Happy😃

Mi Morena (Short story #2) -Happy😃

The Best Gift for Her....(Short story #3) -SAD😭

Reunion (Short story #4) -Happy😃

Because I love you...(Short story #5) -Not happy but not sad😕

5 Long Years...(Short Story #6)😃

The White Rose(Short Story #7)

SONGS USED IN THE STORIES:

Mi Morena By:Josh Groban (In Short Story #2, Mi Morena)
 http://rapidshare.de/files/11534310/Josh_Groban_-_Mi_M orena. mp3.html

For you I will By:Teddy Geiger (In Short Story #4, Reunion)

http://rapidshare.de/files/11586605/Teddy_Geiger_-_For_You_I _Will__Confidence_.wma.html

Everytime By:Britney Spears (In Short Story #5, Because I love you)

http://rapidshare.de/files/11984783/Britney_Spears_-_Everyti me.mp3.html

Crawling back to you By:Backstreet Boys (In Short Story #6, 5 long years....)

http://rapidshare.de/files/11985219/03_-_Backstreet_Boys_-_C rawling_Back_To_You.mp3.html

And you will have to scroll down on the page to find them. They wont be the very first post!

As a note I know we have a lot of talented writers in this section of I-F, but please if you have a short story that you wrote post it in a different post not in this one. I am not trying to be mean, but it will make my life so much easier.

Hope you all like them

<3 Natasha

Edited by simplyconfused - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neha9 thumbnail
Lovely, and you know Nats I agree with your idea of non-happy endings, i've been thinking abt that too, i'm kinda tired of writting happy endings myself. Ask Malks, i was thinking of a sad ending for both Kabhi Kabhi and for Khel Khel Main, where they don't get togeather at the end. She said everyone will kill me, i'm still thinking on that! 😆   As for this, seems awesome! Post the first part when you can. And, i vow not to fall behind on any more fan-fics! 😕
Neha
simplyconfused thumbnail

Lonely Painter's Soul

Time. It's something that has always been here, and always will be. We assume that we will always have all the time in the world to do something, whether it is a project, an assignment, saying the one something to that one someone. But very often we have a rude awakening. We realize that we only have a small period of time to get something done. We begin to rush, hoping that we can finish what we've somehow started. And more often than not, that just isn't enough.

He was an unhappy man. Anyone could see that. He was stuck in a job that he hated and his real skills were going to waste. But he felt the need to prove himself. To prove that his family wasn't all bad, that he was different than the rest. So he slaved away, at the job he hated, with the people he despised, all the while yearning to be free from it all. I suppose he lacked the inspiration to break free and do what he really wanted to do. Truth be told all inspiration had left him when he had left school three years before. When he left her behind.

He could recall every little detail about her, minute of every second of their affair. Like an idiot he had denied his feelings for so long that by the time he realized what he felt and worked up the courage to tell her there was little time to spend with her. Their relationship had been brief, but passionate. However, like an idiot he had abandoned her easily at his father's insistence. She had never forgiven him for that, and he hadn't seen her since, but he still loved her.

He sighed as he thought back. He restlessly picked up the paper and flipped to the current events section. He went to lean back but completely froze when he saw the main story.

Promising young FBI agent suffers most likely fatal blow

Ms. Kripa Sharma was struck down this Sunday afternoon while fighting a powerful new foe from the States. Ms. Sharma was shot twice in the stomach. She was the only officer hurt. As of now there is no known cure. We have only been told that there is not much time for Ms. Sharma if a cure cannot be found. Her parents have arrived from London to stay with her. We have been informed that Ms. Sharma's friends Josh and Rahul are overseas on a very delicate mission for the FBI and may not be contacted. More information is forthcoming.

He dropped the paper in surprise and sat unmoving for God only knows how long. This was absolutely unbelievable. Kripa of all people. To think that someone as pure and sweet as Kripa was struck down. He sat there for a long while thinking. All these years of suppressing his feelings, and now any opportunity he may have had was possibly going out the window. What the hell was he supposed to do in this sort of a situation? He couldn't just go could he? But if he didn't go, she would never know how he really felt about her. He had never told her.

After much careful deliberation he made up his mind. He went speeding into his boss's office. After giving him the basic story, he took off before the man had time to say anything to him. Angad Khanna was going to take one of the biggest chances of his life, and go to Kripa Sharma. He was going to tell her before it was too late.

He got a ticket on the next train and stopped by his tiny apartment before he left. He grabbed a suitcase and dumped some clothes in it, not paying particular attention to what he was putting in it. He also grabbed a sketch pad for the ride there and on a whim, a painting he had done of Kripa right after they left school. He changed the message on his answering machine and quickly headed to the train station. The whole ride to London he sketched her face and worried that he wouldn't get there in time. The minute the train stopped he sprinted to a cab. When they reached their destination he threw the money at the man and entered the hospital as fast as he could.

"Where is Kripa Sharma's room?" he panted out. The befuddled nurse pointed him in the right direction and he made a mad dash for the room. He slid through the door and she spotted him immediately.

"Angad? What are you doing here?" She looked terribly pale and weak, and it made his heart clench.

He sat down in the chair next to the bed and took her hand. "Kripa, I heard what happened, and I had to come. The moment that I realized I may lose you, I knew I had to tell you. I love you Kripa, I need you to know that before you go."

"Angad, I can't believe that you're here after all that happened between us."

"I know. I was an idiot, and I can't believe I ever abandoned you the way that I did."

She shook her head. "No, I understand now that you did what you had to. I forgave you a long time ago. I just can't believe that you came here after all this time. That you feel the way you do, that you feel the same way I still do."

"I do, I love you. I needed you to know." He felt a tear slip down his cheek.

She smiled. "Angad, there's no need for tears. It's okay."

"How, how is this okay?" Angad managed to choke out.

"They've found a cure. I'm going to be okay." He looked up into her eyes and saw tears sparkling there as well.

"You're going to be okay?"

"Yes."

His head dropped to their clasped hands as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Angad," she said. He looked up at her. "Took you long enough."

He smiled. "Well, you know us artistic types; we have to think things over for eons. I'm glad my lonely painter's soul finally made the right decision." He bent down and kissed her softly.

"So am I, more than you may ever know."

So this is what the short stories will be like. Of course they will be much longer then this one. THis is just a basic one to start with. And this is also a happy ending one. I didn't feel like taking the time and writing a sad ending one!! Anyways I  hope you guys like this one!! They will get more detailed to. THis one is not theat good becasue it is kind of rushed. ENJOY though and tell me if i should continue with this!!

-Natasha

p.s. Dont forget this is the beginning and then end!!!😃

simplyconfused thumbnail

Originally posted by: neha9

Lovely, and you know Nats I agree with your idea of non-happy endings, i've been thinking abt that too, i'm kinda tired of writting happy endings myself. Ask Malks, i was thinking of a sad ending for both Kabhi Kabhi and for Khel Khel Main, where they don't get togeather at the end. She said everyone will kill me, i'm still thinking on that! 😆   As for this, seems awesome! Post the first part when you can. And, i vow not to fall behind on any more fan-fics! 😕
Neha

lol yeah i love happy ending but hey sad ending are a fact of life.....Plus i am so used to sad ending because i have read like all of Nicholas Sparks books and a lot of them end sad!!!😆BUt yeah one of my fan-fics will have a sad ending(i dont mean these...I know for sure these will have sad endings) but like one of my longs ones will for sure!!! And you can't really fall behind. SInce each post is a seperate story....And i will post links on the first post letting you get to each one!!!😃 But anyways thanks glad you liked the idea!!!Oh and i just posted the first one!!

jean thumbnail
i love it
good start plez cont 😛 👏
neha9 thumbnail
I loved it, it was short and sweet! I like the idea, i'm glad you came up with it! 😉
neha9 thumbnail
Originally posted by: simplyconfused

lol yeah i love happy ending but hey sad ending are a fact of life.....Plus i am so used to sad ending because i have read like all of Nicholas Sparks books and a lot of them end sad!!!😆BUt yeah one of my fan-fics will have a sad ending(i dont mean these...I know for sure these will have sad endings) but like one of my longs ones will for sure!!! And you can't really fall behind. SInce each post is a seperate story....And i will post links on the first post letting you get to each one!!!😃 But anyways thanks glad you liked the idea!!!Oh and i just posted the first one!!

I agree, its a reality of life, no one can ever have the stamp of "Happily Ever After" in their lives.  Its not a way to define life i guess.  And i hate nicholas sparks.  Why?  Cuz he makes me cry, i've read almost all his books and everytime i say that no more, i'm done with him but i'm compelled back.  i mean i cry for hours after reading him and then as i cry i ask myself, why am i exactly crying again.  It was only a book.  But then i cry even more. 😳  and the first one was awesome! 👏

ToxicRebel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I guess there go all my hooes "So much fo MY HAPPY ENDING" 😭 Just Kidding...that was very well written Natz...It's wonderful that you have started to write these short stories! Post another one soon...I've tightend my seat belt...I can take the shocks 😛
Simply.confused thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
👏 loveddddd it ... very cute.... 😳

as far as ending on sad notes.... i would never say there are sad endings in life ... cuz sometimes u gain something ... something u lose something... dealing with that reality makes a personn sad/happy.... life is not a fairytale ...never will be... there will be many ups and downs .... dont think iam getting senti here .. eventhough these are stories.. somewhere someplace ppl might actually go through this ...when they dont find it sad then we shouldnt either... learn from wht one has gone through and realize wht u r really here for ... 😉

enough from me .. 😆

take care natu doc 😆 😆
simplyconfused thumbnail

Originally posted by: princess1_43

👏 loveddddd it ... very cute.... 😳

as far as ending on sad notes.... i would never say there are sad endings in life ... cuz sometimes u gain something ... something u lose something... dealing with that reality makes a personn sad/happy.... life is not a fairytale ...never will be... there will be many ups and downs .... dont think iam getting senti here .. eventhough these are stories.. somewhere someplace ppl might actually go through this ...when they dont find it sad then we shouldnt either... learn from wht one has gone through and realize wht u r really here for ... 😉

enough from me .. 😆

take care natu doc 😆 😆

lol so true so true!!! BUT some things you cant help but feel sad about!! And i dont mean little things like two people seperating. I mean bigger things then that!! You will see what I mean in coming short stories!!😉

take care,

natasha