Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged

No luck by chance for Ekta this time

• September 17, 2011 
  • DC
No luck by chance for Ekta this time

He is perennially scowling in this soap. Sameer Soni, returns to the small screen as a sour-faced, cranky character in Parichay, Nayee Zindagi Ke Sapno Ka. Ekta Kapoor's obsession with long names sure must have its basis in astrology. Ekta is highly superstitious and perhaps hopes the length of the name will bring her good luck. But this serial needs a stronger script as luck alone will not suffice.

After playing an endearing charmer in Jassi, Sameer has opted to play a crabby loser with a caustic sense of humour. Kunal Chopra (Sameer) is this brilliant lawyer whose career goes bust after he opts to get into business and is taken for a royal ride. Predictably, his love life too suffers as his girlfriend, who happens to be his former employer, J.K. Thakral's daughter, is not too enthused about spending her life with a loser. One can't blame her because failures have made Kunal so annoyingly taciturn, that Richa opts to dump him. Mona Vasu (Richa), returns to the small screen after Radha Ki Betiyaan. Mona has put on weight, she was already plump even while she was acting in Radha… She wears this funnily cropped short wig — whoever has created that wig needs to take a sabbatical — that makes her look like a clown. This coupled with tight fitting western clothes do not give her the sophisticated look that she is aiming for. Mona needs to shed that flab immediately.

Even Sameer has become podgy; it sure looks like marriage to Neelam really suits him. There appears to be no chemistry between these actors, even when they were supposedly in love with each other. Of course, there is a joint family too. Kunal lives with his parents, unmarried sister, married brother and his wife and a younger unmarried brother. The politics of living in a joint family has been portrayed rather well. There are undertones of humour too especially when Kunal teases his perennially weeping mother by calling her Meena Kumari, every time she gets melodramatic.

Arati Singh, who plays Seema, Gaurav's wife and Kunal's bhabhi has warmth that makes her very appealing. There is another romantic angle, Anand Chopra, another budding lawyer, who is forced by financial constraints to work for his brother's ex-boss, J.K. Thakral falls in love with his colleague Siddhi Mallik. Newcomers Saurabh Jain and Keerti Nagpure (Anand and Siddhi) are so expressionless that you can't make out when they are happy or sad. Hopefully, they will learn to act by the time this soap comes to an end.

The story is still evolving but somehow it lacks the energy. It does appear like Ekta Kapoor is desperately trying to include every ingredient she can to make this soap her hit. Her biggest competition would be her own soap, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, which appears at a later hour on another channel. Between the two serials, the latter definitely has more appeal.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-sahasra--Preeti-awesumsonia

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "No luck by chance for Ekta this time-DC" in Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
already posted
but what is DC ?

-sahasra-

Coolbie

-sahasra-

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sita11

already posted
but what is DC ?
i think this article is from deccan chronicle newspaper.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sita11

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
ok..thanks then i must say that the writer of this article might b sumone who doesnt likes Ekta shows..lolz...what a stupid article ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-sahasra-Charu21

Charu21

IF-Sizzlerz

Charu21

24 Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Gosh!!! is da writer really in his/her senses!!! i dont agree wid any points here, except for Richa's aweful wig!! lol!!  for sure da writer isn't following da show!!! Saurabh n Keerti are expressionless????????? u need serious eye check up, dude!!!! Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shumi.sita11

sameera_ori

sameera_ori

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
I knw i guess whoever has written it hates Ekta.LOL...?(so do i...she ruins every show after some first 60 epispdesLOL) but i think this how has lot of potentialClap...Sameer Soni is doing a grt job as alwaysClap but yes he do needs to shed the flabSmile...though this disoriented look suits him as kunal as off nowTongue...since he is going through a rough patch of his lifeOuch but later on he needs to hit the gymBig smile...Seema (the bhabhi is grt and sweetEmbarrassedThe writer is right wen he/she says that the nuances of living in a joint family , the politicsAngry, the advntagesTongue , the fights are shown well..Star...and Kunal sarcastic comments and funny remarksLOL specially for his mother is grt and adorableEmbarrassed. Coming to Anand and Siddhi.Embarrassed...they are certainly not emotionlessAngry but yes i agree they need to emote a bit moreSmile...at times it doesnt look as if they are in loveOuch...iam not saying they should hold hands and sing a -run-around-the-tree songLOL but still a bit more attention towards each otherEmbarrassed...a little more tenderness would doEmbarrassed. Maybe the CV's are deliberatly doing this sinceAngry later on Kunal and SiddhiOuch are gonna be a couple(plzzz ppl dont throw chappals and anda tamatars on meOuchLOL ...i love Aanand tooEmbarrassed, i dont want him to die.Angry...par Ekta nata ka dimaag to hum sab jaante hi haiAngry)

kelly12

kelly12

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
the article is retarded and the writer is retarded as well.. this show is the best so far..and i luv it..and sameer soni is the best!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.