Gulaal
Gulaal

'Yeh meri patni hai' (Page 2)

without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

@Jzee: Actually when I watched the scene, the first sense I got was that Kesar almost BIT OUT that "yeh meri patni hai"...there was a grudging tone to it as if he wasn't too happy about pointing it out but had to...pata nahin kyun but that's how I sensed it...lol...I felt like Kesar's anger was still too much on the surface there for him to really be in the mood to think about their husband-wife technicality of a relationship...I feel like in all the years they were apart, it wasn't Kesar thinking I was seperated from my WIFE Gulaal...he was just mad at HIS Gulaal, period...all these wife wagairah labels only started to come into play when he came back and ppl started talking in rituals etc.

I know he said at the mandap that he grew up with this thought in his head...and I understand what he means...but I'd say at this point, all these thoughts had been pushed into a corner of his mind and the focus was just on the hurt of Gulaal's betrayal...HIS Gulaal.

Nur - it is absolutely not his 'My Wife' sense - I agree. I'm trying to say that in every way of being Gulaal and Kesar together, they end up with some nuance of being a couple. Technically, we don't see them as a couple to the very end. Yet all their interactions bear the signs. The good ones, and the bad ones. This mandir puja was just the estranged couple who wanted to still keep their business their own. Even though the strain shows to people. I think when the pandit gets his 'wife' wrong - a part of his agitation is from having to correct and point out and accept Gulaal's name in the place - but a part of it is exactly the contrary... you know the mild irritation one can have - he was tad flustered by the first mention of hubby wife in puja at Rohan's ceremony. At this point - there is no fluster. He takes 'initiative' to correct the fact - while keeping up his very cold and curt demeanor for Gulaal's knowing. You're right the idea is not ke meri biwi ko mere saath puja karao - in fact he might as well be irritated by that at this point - but he's certainly mildly icked by pandit getting the woman wrong - Oh I'm going round in circles. 

Btw - yes, JK is crucial in bringing Kesar to his 'meri patni' genuine realization pangs. Her, and occasionally (although in much worse strains) Raman too. Its interesting, on that note - how both Talli and Dushyant in their own rights, trying to get Kesar to behave with Gulaal - are always more on the notes of 'teri Gulaal' - and not 'teri patni'. Like when Dushyant tells him Gulaal ko dekhe bina tere gale se khana nahin utarta tha! Aur the time he goes to knock sense into him - show him Gulaal's true concern for him, when Kesar is leaving Talsagra for city again... And of course, all the times Talli rebukes him for it ... curiously, these two manage to always talk along the tangents of teri Gulaal

ps: To the caps in a bit Day Dreaming

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

VJ-LNMDJMaz.manzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
That's very true...their interactions post leap especially very much bore the signs of a couple without the two of them realizing it...I just found his tone interesting as he said that 'yeh meri patni hai'...he was definitely quite ticked off in that bit...and he blinked interestingly when the pandit asked Talli if she was his wife...lol

I was just watching old epis again...dude, I never knew that pictures of "chhota" Vasant were DITTO chhota Kesuda...this is almost disturbingLOL...no wonder so many Rahil/Vasant fans expected him to return as the grown up version of Kesar...man that would have made this all wayyy too weirdLOL...Imagine...Gulaal doing DV with Kesar only to see him growing up into a carbon copy of Vasant?? LOLL yeh toh buy one get one free offer ho jaata...not to be insensitive about Vasant's death but that would have made the whole point moot for the storyline if Kesar had returned as the ditto image of Vasant.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

VJ-LNMDJalantawithout-fathomMaz.manzilmukul

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
I loved this aarti Manasi/Gulaal sang pre-leap...wish we'd gotten to hear more of Manasi's singing in the show...she has such a GORGEOUS voice...there is such a divine quality to the way she's sung this aarti when otherwise most shows have a recorded tape playing for an aarti scene...and I love that Gulaal put the teeka on Kesar firstLOL...and he's the only one who put it back on her tooLOL...aww bless them :-)

VJ-LNMDJwithout-fathomMaz.manzilmukul

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

That's very true...their interactions post leap especially very much bore the signs of a couple without the two of them realizing it...I just found his tone interesting as he said that 'yeh meri patni hai'...he was definitely quite ticked off in that bit...and he blinked interestingly when the pandit asked Talli if she was his wife...lol

Yeh I think the conflict was - he was equally mad about having to do the puja with Gulaal, as he was ticked by the pandit think Talli is his patni LOL Like not surprised shocked - but more, 'how do you get something like that wrong man - fix it now' kinda shocked LOL It didn't mean he was relenting towards Gullu; he was only clarifying Talli not being in picture - one of those rare moments with GKT in this phase where he didn't use Talli to bait Gulaal - because this is just not his kinda situation to avail LOL Somewhere I think, on a milder side, it was the same tu nahi to koi nahi kinda thing. Like Gullu se gussa ek taraf hai - but Talli patni, or anyone else for that matter - whatcha saying dude reaction LOL

I was just watching old epis again...dude, I never knew that pictures of "chhota" Vasant were DITTO chhota Kesuda...this is almost disturbingLOL...no wonder so many Rahil/Vasant fans expected him to return as the grown up version of Kesar...man that would have made this all wayyy too weirdLOL...Imagine...Gulaal doing DV with Kesar only to see him growing up into a carbon copy of Vasant?? LOLL yeh toh buy one get one free offer ho jaata...not to be insensitive about Vasant's death but that would have made the whole point moot for the storyline if Kesar had returned as the ditto image of Vasant.

Wait - WHAT?! Okay, no this 'what' is in shock to people thinking Kesar will grow up spitting image of Vasant - so to say Rahil double role - oh Christ! That would totally turn around the idea of the plot that it was to be! Wo to some twisted version of Kaho Na Pyar Hai ho jaata Shocked Err, no thank you LOL 

You know if I'd watched the show from the start - I'd probably have given up watching somewhere in the middle of the GV love story. As fantastic as I find revisiting that phase now, the DOP playing his excellent cards day after day - and as much as I applaud the CVs to never have dragged the story at any point - it is only so in retrospect. Going start to end - I might have been very misled about where the story was going, and knowing me and TV serials, I would have easily quit on it. 

What I often do wonder about far more - is what my reaction would have been to the DV itself. Because it can be a disturbing kind of scenario to imagine, not watching the story in retrospect. I don't blame the dogmatic thinkers - because if I was watching in order, I may be very much in debate over the concept. Its not the GK chemistry in time which brings in the conviction - but the sketching of the characters and the plot itself - and so now looking back at it all makes so much sense... but how can anyone ever blame Gulaal to feel violated by Kesar in love with her - the idea can be appalling when you just look at the stats figuratively. Kudos to this team to treat a very unusual and sensitive topic with so much caution and detailing. Extra kudos to them - to not have 'promoted' the idea of a DV - a custom that I still hold as unfair in typical sense - but to have dealt very subjectively with their characters, and how exceptions exist to every rule. How fate can over ride the seeming right and wrong which logic initially promotes. Life doesn't go according to plan - and this show has such a strong underlying message about changing with times and going with the flow - to actually live life, because its something precious. Gulaal's character goes from the life lover, to a living dead kind of person. And the turn of time and events which go into Kesar drawing her out of it - are sure like a miracle - but so credible in their occurrence! I'll never stop gushing about it! Blushing

VJ-LNMDJMaz.manzilmukulAreYaar

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

I loved this aarti Manasi/Gulaal sang pre-leap...wish we'd gotten to hear more of Manasi's singing in the show...she has such a GORGEOUS voice...there is such a divine quality to the way she's sung this aarti when otherwise most shows have a recorded tape playing for an aarti scene...and I love that Gulaal put the teeka on Kesar firstLOL...and he's the only one who put it back on her tooLOL...aww bless them :-)

Well we'll get to see her singing tons soon - hopefully Embarrassed But yes yes yes Neil doing a more authetic dancing, than turba LOL and Mansi singing more would have been nice. Still, technically, they did give her some great occasions to sing - the time she does Gayatri mantra after her night of being tended to by Kesar; and then again, in the aur tu scene of course... and again in piyu maari when her friends come; AND again, just before they become friends for good... phew. They used her talent in good places, if not enough. I suppose dancing scope for Kesar's character was not half as much LOL and seriously, I do believe Neil's very out of line turba is his intentional stay in character concept LOL he dances like Kesar, not Neil ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

VJ-LNMDJprachuryamanzilmukul

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
And OMG Nur - you have to read this! Someone made a post on the KTLK forum, about wanting a change of 'male lead' Dead and when most members of the forum defended Mohnish - like du-uh! - here's what she said:

Well frankly speaking most of u who r commenting here, mostly comprises of elder n so for u all supporting the male lead is nt to be quentioned upon coz its obvious tht none might understand a youth's viewpoint,coz for u meaning of romance iz totally diff frm wht we 'The youth' thinks should be...well u can be satisfied,convinced with only the eyelocks,or sum sweet convo bt nt us...

*head desk*

Can you even begin to imagine the paradox in her own statement?! Ouch I just had to post this - although its not Gulaal stuff, because in a way, it applies partially at least, to why Gulaal was not a TRP limelight show Stern Smile

ps: yeh, I couldn't resist replying to her. Although I still miraculously managed to be civil ... 

VJ-LNMDJmanzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JZephyr

You know if I'd watched the show from the start - I'd probably have given up watching somewhere in the middle of the GV love story. As fantastic as I find revisiting that phase now, the DOP playing his excellent cards day after day - and as much as I applaud the CVs to never have dragged the story at any point - it is only so in retrospect. Going start to end - I might have been very misled about where the story was going, and knowing me and TV serials, I would have easily quit on it. Exactly...and actually that is what I DID...haha...I admired the cinematography and everything but somehow the GV phase didn't grip me...possibly cuz my general TV viewing experience made me think the story would be predictable from the point of them falling in love, getting married etc...I had no clue that there was far, FAR more to this story...it is only in retrospect now that I can see it better...that I can understand the beauty of the build up in full aspect...but yeah in live time I wouldn't have realized and yes I did stop watching the show...much before the DVLOL

What I often do wonder about far more - is what my reaction would have been to the DV itself. Because it can be a disturbing kind of scenario to imagine, not watching the story in retrospect. I don't blame the dogmatic thinkers - because if I was watching in order, I may be very much in debate over the concept. Its not the GK chemistry in time which brings in the conviction - but the sketching of the characters and the plot itself - and so now looking back at it all makes so much sense I wonder about this sometimes too...if I'd been watching the show in sequence, what would I have thought of the DV...definitely it would be a tough concept to digest...and I do remember being quite put off by it when I read the article about it...I thought this show was beyond convoluted thenLOL...but then I think again...if I'd genuinely followed the show closely, I would have probably been convinced by the conviction in the storytelling...cuz that is the greatest genius of the show...the WAY they tell the story...this isn't a typical case of actor chemistry trumping all logic everything...I'm first and foremost a fan of the writing in this show.

... but how can anyone ever blame Gulaal to feel violated by Kesar in love with her - the idea can be appalling when you just look at the stats figuratively. Kudos to this team to treat a very unusual and sensitive topic with so much caution and detailing. Extra kudos to them - to not have 'promoted' the idea of a DV - a custom that I still hold as unfair in typical sense - but to have dealt very subjectively with their characters, and how exceptions exist to every rule. How fate can over ride the seeming right and wrong which logic initially promotes. Life doesn't go according to plan - and this show has such a strong underlying message about changing with times and going with the flow - to actually live life, because its something precious. True...from an overall perspective, Gulaal cannot be blamed for her initial appalled reaction at all...that is exactly what you'd expect given their history and how she viewed him...and yes kudos to the creatives for all the things you mentioned...to me personally, I'm so fascinated by how they pulled all the threads together...how circumstances played out in G and K's lives at every point to ultimately bring them together...THAT is genius to me...how beautifully that was written without convoluted cliches or forced scenarios...everything that happened played out with so much conviction...that is the best word for this seriously...that as an audience, you are completely pulled in towards the characters and WANT to root for them...that is GK...the show began with GV but GK were the ones written with a whole special dimension to them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

VJ-LNMDJmanzilmukul

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
^^ exactly. By the time you get around to watching GK the couple, you're rooting for them, because even if you are one hell of an atheist or anti-believer in fate, you can see how the universe has truly conspired to bring them together - from the word go! 

And since the universe herein is completely in the hands of the writers - they take a thousand bows. Writing is the spine of this show. I've always maintained that good actors can only carry the burden of an ill treated script so long. Thankfully, both actors and writers are far from failing us in this show. 

VJ-LNMDJmanzilmukulAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index