Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

FF: New York times Thread 5 Completed 10/03 (Page 72)

Cathy25 Senior Member
Cathy25
Cathy25

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
^

I would love to buddy you and receive PMs on your stories. However, the truth is, I hate waiting for updates and hence prefer to start reading a story once its completed. I often see writers expressing disappointment on not receiving adequate number of likes/comments on their stories after painstakingly sending them PMs for their updates. 

So all the best for your story. Have bookmarked the same. Shall read at a later date and comment once am done reading. Sorry about that. Hope you don't feel bad about it. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

6th.Element

AliceT Senior Member
AliceT
AliceT

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Marvelous Story.  Hats off to the writer for bringing each character to life.  Hasini Clap

New York Times...is like a ghazal to my ears, a ghazal which keeps on playing in my mind and provides solace.

Wish I had been a part of the story while it was being written, but when I saw it, it was coming to an end. Hence waited for it's end which is quite paradoxical as I never ever wanted it to end.  The best part was that I had saved a copy of this story...therefore, no regrets.

There are a lot of moments that will FOREVER remain etched in my mind. Pablo Neruda's poem made this story more beautiful. Aah! what to say about Hot Chocolate, Sweet Nothings, Star Gazing and lots and lots of other pretty moments. I'm speechless. You beautifully studied the psychology of your characters and laid the workings of their mind in the story.

When even silence speaks, I believe that the characters have been etched to T. And you did that Hasini.

Truly Remarkable.  A very fine piece of writing. Clap

Now I have two writers to always read on this forum. Shh! Soo... might be listening. LOL Anyway, she already knows it.;)

H, Wish you write more such works. 

Smile

Regards,
Alice  :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

6th.Elementhad2bu--Ratna--

6th.Element Goldie

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AliceTCathy25--Ratna--

6th.Element Goldie

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:06pm | IP Logged

AliceT

AliceT Senior Member
AliceT
AliceT

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Hasini dear, we all have different opinions. When I write I never show my writing to anyone until it's complete. By doing so I keep the things my way and not let anyone turn my words into what they wish.

I understand what you are saying. Calm down dear. I don't know about others but, I had stopped reading works on IF after seeing that so many authors left it hanging. This again can be taken both ways. As a writer you can say that readers do not comment hence, writers do not write. But I never see the point in writing for others. We become writers b'coz we love to write for ourselves and then comes someone else in the picture.

Yes, NYT is a very lengthy work and I truly admire it. I saw it when the First thread for Awards Nomination 2012 was started...didn't have time to read it then. Hence read it a fortnight ago.

If you ask my opinion, I can never analyse each chapter of an FF. To analyse Fan-fictions it has to be a lengthy enough. The  workings of the mind of the writer can never be known, after all we are human beings. So just saying "awesome, mind-blowing, etc. etc." every time doesn't do justice to the writer from my side.

Hence, I wrote the above post when I finished reading it, chewing it, savouring it and digesting it.

It was a delectable story. Wink

- Edit -

P.S. : I missed your second post.
Participate, as in how? Re-reading each chapter?

Edited by AliceT - 01 May 2012 at 3:14pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-6th.Element

Sphinx Goldie
Sphinx
Sphinx

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 6th.Element

@ Alice...

Thanks and hopefully you can participate when NY time will be re-posted...I think, I will start posting NY times after I finish Piazza di Spagna.

wow, u r going to post NY Times again, really looking forward to it. I have never asked for PM earlier as i practically stalked the thread , but please pm me this times as now i don't visit If that frequently .

6th.Element

6th.Element Goldie

Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:20am | IP Logged

Cathy25 Senior Member
Cathy25
Cathy25

Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:01am | IP Logged

Hasini,

It's not about not appreciating a writer's efforts. I never shy away from appreciating the works that I have liked. But yes, the appreciative comments come as a summary as to what I felt about the entire story and may not be an update-by-update analysis/comment. So you may not find me participating in the general progress of a storyline. 

And as AliceT said above, another big reason is that, as a reader many a time, I too have found writers ditching their stories mid-way leaving behind a frustrated reader. Not implying that you do/may do that. However, just saying that because of it, a practice I picked up, is to check whether a story is completed or not before proceeding to start reading it. 

I'm sorry to have frustrated you. That was not my intention.

Regards. 

Edited by Ben25 - 02 May 2012 at 8:13am

6th.Element

Go to top