Romit adopts a girl--indya.com

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged
 Romit Raj adopts a girl

Romit Raj, who is currently seen in Adaalat on Sony, has his heart in the right place. The actor has adopted- sponsored a girl child Saloni from the NGO Muskaan.

Speaking about why he decided to go ahead with the noble cause, the actor claims, "I played the pampered Yuvraj in my show Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan on Zee. The character was appreciated but people used to point out that Yuvraj is pampered while his sisters are discriminated against. I felt bad as I realized that people sympathize with onscreen characters but what about those girls who are suffering in real life? That is the reason I decided to go ahead and do something for one such girl myself."
 Elaborating about the cause, Romit adds, "The NGO Muskaan takes care of more than 40 kids. Though, I don't get to spend much time with Saloni, I am looking after all her expenses and that makes me feel good. I did not leak the news about sponsoring to the media because people might think it is for publicity. However, people have now told me I should speak about the cause as it may inspire others to sponsor a girl child."
 Romit also has a request for his fans "It would be great if you decide to sacrifice your birthday party for a year and spend that money on educating a girl. Also Diwali is coming up, maybe you could buy less expensive sweets and gifts and donate that money towards educating a girl. Believe me, it will help you feel good."
 On the professional front, Romit is excited about the reactions he has been receiving for his role in Adaalat. Romit states, "I love my role in Adaalat. It is superb working with Ronit Roy as he is a great co-star. The best part is that Amitabh Bachchan, Ronit Roy and Romit Raj are now on the same channel Sony", laughs the actor.

Edited by Armu4eva - 14 September 2011 at 4:57am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36shrutireddygr8-Preetz-missmalika

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Romit adopts a girl--indya.com" in Adaalat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shrutireddygr8

shrutireddygr8

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Ohh.. that's so sweet of him!

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 11:44am | IP Logged
That's very sweet of him and it's also very true.

friends2805

friends2805

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
awww...tht's sooo sweet of him...luv Adaalat :)

Salyanka

IF-Stunnerz

Salyanka

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
that was acrtually very sweet

missmalika

IF-Dazzler

missmalika

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
aawww how cute is that Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.