Diya Aur Baati Hum

   

They can do it better!!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

rightchoice

Goldie

rightchoice

Joined: 27 July 2009

Posts: 1197

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
They need to tighten the script and screen play. They need to cut all the scene obvious in Indian soaps. They need to eliminate the popular jargon and buzz words of Hindi serials from the script in order to give fresh and original look. As of now, I feels same old recycled dialog and acting. The element of impact or drama is missing.

If they cut off obvious scenes, then pace of the story will pick up...No hindi serial has started with so much of negative or sad story line. I really doubt if it attracts the viewers of 9:00 PM slot. Its a mediocre show for the time slot allotted to it.

If you ask me, the story they have covered so far should have been done within first 3 or 4 episodes at max. In fact intro episode was very impressive...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-Tanu-Nimmi.peachesandcreamb2011Angelbud_mahi_Mehek25prc_fan1Savz_Startling

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "They can do it better!!!" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Joined: 20 June 2011

Posts: 1016

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rightchoice

They need to tighten the script and screen play. They need to cut all the scene obvious in Indian soaps. They need to eliminate the popular jargon and buzz words of Hindi serials from the script in order to give fresh and original look. As of now, I feels same old recycled dialog and acting. The element of impact or drama is missing.

If they cut off obvious scenes, then pace of the story will pick up...No hindi serial has started with so much of negative or sad story line. I really doubt if it attracts the viewers of 9:00 PM slot. Its a mediocre show for the time slot allotted to it.

If you ask me, the story they have covered so far should have been done within first 3 or 4 episodes at max. In fact intro episode was very impressive...

I totally agree! I could see this coming from the first episode but most people on here were bashing me for saying it! The structure really needs work for people to want to watch it! To be honest after last nights performances especially the MIL i was thinking that the script really needs work as well! The intro was really impressive and we were all keen to get into something after the loss of Gulaal, but many found themselves bitterly disappointed that this was all we got!  THe CGI on the explosion was really cheep as well! It looked like the layering was all wrong! 

I do hope that something picks up in the show and it gains some momentum but as I said when it first started the signs are not good! Look at little further under all the pomp and promos and what we find is a very weak drama! I have seen productions with tiny budgets that are amazing so they can't blame it on the money either! 

Robie23p

Newbie

Robie23p

Joined: 08 August 2011

Posts: 35

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
There is always a scope of doing better. But this show is very gud and better than many other shows slotted at the prime time... The pace of the show has been very fast frm the beginning... This is a daily soap so wts more can be expected...!! So according to me its pace is very good... I hv no regrets frm the show... Its gripping... Way better than other shows on other channels. It deserved only this slot...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AR_ArShiChillMaarYaarb2011garima22

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Joined: 20 June 2011

Posts: 1016

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Robie23p

There is always a scope of doing better. But this show is very gud and better than many other shows slotted at the prime time... The pace of the show has been very fast frm the beginning... This is a daily soap so wts more can be expected...!! So according to me its pace is very good... I hv no regrets frm the show... Its gripping... Way better than other shows on other channels. It deserved only this slot...

Well as you say its a "daily soap" then why not put it on during the day! Viewers are us to good drama at 9 pm on star plus, the previous program "gulaal" was apparently really good and a lot of people were disapointed when it was replaced! Many of the fans of that gave this show a chance but now turn over! I have over 30 friends in the UK that agree with me! If that is only a small percentage of the viewing figures in this country then what does it say about the rest of the world? 

I think its meant to be "gripping" as you suggest but the lack of acting ability and hence this post lets the whole thing down!  If we look at what is before and after this show i.e. Dor and Yeh Ristha both of those shows are not only popular on there and here with Rishta win the top 5 but sincerely loved by many! 

This show sensationalisation of Terrosism, its finger pointing and its death are not going to gain many votes! Lets hope something changes then!Confused

rightchoice

Goldie

rightchoice

Joined: 27 July 2009

Posts: 1197

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
^^^ I wouldn't say it is gripping but definitely a interesting one. We are kind of assumed that soaps are really need to be 'Soap'. But the recent trend suggests that the life of Indian Soap is 6 months to a year. First month determines if it rules the chart are not...They adopted this strategy in Iss Pyaar Ko Kyaa Naam Doon, Bade Acche Lagte Hain...and they have indeed succeeded getting good ratings...In spite of below avg performance of Navya recently, it was successful in getting audiences at first month and hence they are surviving now...If Diya and Baati proceeds as it is now...I am certain that it will take the route of 'Dor'.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Joined: 03 January 2011

Posts: 9962

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
It is just the third week of the show.  I did not feel any dragging.  The pace is fast.
 
Regarding the time slot, it is difficult at present to get too much attention with KBC and the other show on Zee TV but the show has caught attention.

rightchoice

Goldie

rightchoice

Joined: 27 July 2009

Posts: 1197

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

It is just the third week of the show.  I did not feel any dragging.  The pace is fast.
 
Regarding the time slot, it is difficult at present to get too much attention with KBC and the other show on Zee TV but the show has caught attention.

That is why, good is not good enough...it has to be exceptional at this time slot...

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Joined: 03 January 2011

Posts: 9962

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rightchoice

Originally posted by b2011

It is just the third week of the show.  I did not feel any dragging.  The pace is fast.
 
Regarding the time slot, it is difficult at present to get too much attention with KBC and the other show on Zee TV but the show has caught attention.

That is why, good is not good enough...it has to be exceptional at this time slot...
 
Agree.  Hope for better.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.