Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Cant we hav a better male lead?? (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 27

ayshaomar

IF-Rockerz

ayshaomar

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
I get where people are coming from that Mohnish Behl is too old for Kritika but at the end of the day the story line is that..something new different contemporary..not the standard dramas that people are getting sick and tired off

i myself is super excited to watch the show and im sure both actors will do great justice to the characters and the show itself

Amna and Anupa totally agree with what you said above Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

justprati-BolNaHalke-intruderfast

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Cant we hav a better male lead?? (Page 9)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Malika

IF-Sizzlerz

Malika

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Well I think guys most of all over here r misinterpreting the post. Its not that if i say that the male lead shud b younger then i want a ksg or someone from that league. It simply means that i want an actor who can look like a mentor but at the same time is younger than mohnish. Mohnish no where luks like in early forties but in late forties!! plus the fact that his image of "dr shashank" is still so afresh that its difficult to imagine him in a role other than being a dad. He looks quiet older as per the role. There could have been many younger actors who r actually in their late thirties like Anup soni, Rajeev khandelwal, Sameer soni(frm parichay) or Apoorva agnihotri. This way it wud have befitted the story and at the same time the male lead wudnt have even luk like a DAD. In my view mohnish even luks older than Ram kapoor. If ram wudnt have been doing balh den he wud have been a perfect choice.

Edited by princessyashika - 14 September 2011 at 11:42pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Karanika-KMH

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
I would have also thought of that but I have seen Apurva as Anmol in Bidaaii and he has groomed himself to look younger to Alkeh ( Angad)

so I guess the reason why hey took Monish is since  the way he would talk his gestures his mannerism is needed for the characrer.

There are many actors who can do the role who are in their  mid 30's late 30's or early 40 , Yes Monish s 40 + but  sometimes actors are toned to  look younger,

Even for me I have seen Dr. Shashank , but putting aside he was Riddhima's father there that character has its wavelenght and dimension , I will see Monish as Dr. Ashutosh , and see  the different age of people  come to fal in love.

Een u see Salman Khan for example he is 45 he  is shown  as young as 26 or 28 and  is with Kareen in the same screen

Its  just that Salaman Khan has'n done the role of a father for any young actresses  so if that would have happened one would have seen it in a diferent angle

Just my POV

shamil

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
That;'s the point of the story. a 38 year old guy vs 24 year old girl. Plus I am really liking this pair. They are quite intriguing.

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Muneeba_starHC

Well frankly speaking most of u who r commenting here, mostly comprises of elder n so for u all supporting the male lead is nt to be quentioned upon coz its obvious tht none might understand a youth's viewpoint,coz for u meaning of romance iz totally diff frm wht we 'The youth' thinks should be...well u can be satisfied,convinced with only the eyelocks,or sum sweet convo bt nt us...
achha toh yeh baat hainLOL
'youth like u want to see more than eyelocks n sweet convoEmbarrassed
I guess u want to see dupatta flying , trip n fall into arms, hawt guy lifting KK and walking thru the hospital corridor,  ..and so on..Tongue
alas! in that case this show is not meant for teens like u. 
the story clearly states that its a love story of a an intern falling in love with a guy 'double her age'. 
Looking forward to watching MB and KK in a story which is more intense that those shows that survive only the sizzling'burning the floor' chemistry between the leads. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1KevaShiningStar18-Doppelganger-intruderfastbamboocopterSunNaaAsad-Kii-Arzooshanti05AreYaar

shaz2009

IF-Dazzler

shaz2009

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged
I think Mohnish is the perfect choice for this role as he has this charm and maturity which I find very attractive and as the role requires an older maturer guy I think he fits the bill perfectly..can't think of anyone else who would suit this role.As mohnish has played the role of a docter before and did it so well there are no doubts that he wil do justice to his character and going by the promos Kritika and him look absolutely fab together.It's about time we get a different kind of love story than the young college romances... a more maturer love story with more emotional concept and understanding if portrayed in the right way would be a delight to watch...so looking forward to this.

ShiningStar18

Annu..

IF-Rockerz

Annu..

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

I feel, Ronit Roy could have been a good choice but happy with MB..Embarrassed

ShiningStar18

IF-Rockerz

ShiningStar18

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

No offense but i disagree. Mohnish Behl is a fantastic actor and considering the storyline, a much mature man is needed opposite a girl so he suits the bill perfectly. It's due to the concept that the show seems unique otherwise if the usual hot-young-guy would have been paired opposite Kritika, then how would it have been unique?

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.