Harry Potter

Did you know right frm the start..? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

Shagnika

IF-Rockerz

Shagnika

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Nice topic !! Smile

The story wasnt that predictable for me till the end LOL Most of the incidents made me read them again to believe my eyes. Although, i had some idea about Ron and Hermoine but surely never imagined Harry and Ginny together !! That was quite surprising... I never took Ginny's crush for Harry that seriously! Neville and Luna - Never ever dreamt of ! LOL

Coming to the deaths, Dumbledore's was the most shocking of all for me !! It never came to my mind that Dumbledore would die. Somehow, (i know its stupid but still) i always looked at  Dumbledore as the MOST powerful of all and i could never think of him dying ! I literally cried at the end of HBP ! Cry Specially, his last words "Severus..Please" were too shocking, and tragic !

Sirius's death was expected... I thought, Jo would surely make it worse for Harry by killing the only one whom Harry considered to be his real family. But i thought he would die in the final battle instead. Remus's death at the end could have been avoided, i still believe. Unhappy That was unnecessary IMO! Fred was a complete shock !! Never in my wildest of dreams could i imagine George without Fred. To be honest, I thought Percy or Bill would die !

Coming to Snape... He was the most mysterious character of the series. SInce day 1 a mystery kept revolving around him. I always felt that Snape could not be a real villain... cos he always came forward to save Harry whenever needed. However, when he killed Dumbledore, I was quite sure that I was wrong about predicting his motives !! But yet again, I was proved wrong ! Tongue Truly "The Prince's Tale" is the most touching, shocking and painful part of the series for me ... A tale to remember indeed!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionshivani003

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Did you know right frm the start..? (Page 4)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sulijma

Groupbie

sulijma

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 5:05am | IP Logged
I always Ron and Hermione will end up together ... like so many movies.. couples start off with fight and then fall in love Smile .. Dont know why.. but I thought Harry will be with Luna... I know she is crazy.. but felt she is better and sensible when she is around harry... after Harry started going out with Ginny.. i thought Luna will be with Dean/Neville
never thought of Sirius or Dumbledore dying... it was a shock. .. knew Voldermort had to die... evil had to lose

lovely_lady

Goldie

lovely_lady

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Great questions!

For the everyone ending with their respective partners:
I ALWAYS knew Ron and Hermione would end up together. I dunno, but something about them always fighting made me hopeful. I mean when you argue with someone so much, you think about them quite a bit too. I dunno but Ron and Hermione were always implied to like each other, in my opinion.

The Harry and Ginny one sorta surprised me and sorta didnt.  At first, I was pretty sure they were going to end up together. But when Ginny moved on and Harry became obsessed with Cho Chang, I thought all chances for them being together were lost. I dunno. When I read the epilouge, I was initially hesitant to accept them as a couple despite the fact I used to root for them. But after reading some very good essays lol, I think they are a good couple. 

The Luna and Neville thing shocked me. I was so sure they wre going to end up together. I dunno but they seemed so compatible! When Luna ended up with that Rolf guy, I was like wow! But the whole Neville and Hannah thing made me go W*F? Did they even have any scenes together lol?

And Jo having an epilouge, well I sorta figured she would. Most authors, when finishing a series always include an epilouge so I was pretty sure Jo would too. But I honestly had no idea how and what she would have in it. I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised :)

And the Harry and others dying thing:
This confused the heck out of me! Part of me believed that Harry would end up dying. I dunno, I feel like up until the 6th book, Harry was for sure going to die. He didn't have a respective partner and whatnot. I actually feel like Jo was going to kill Harry but got talked out of it by the directors or producers or something. Because it was only in the 6th book that Ginny because huge and he had a proper thing. I dunno. But I'm glad he didn't die. I remember feeling so apprehensive when the 7th book came out because I didn't want to read about Harry dying.

Dumbledore dying was a W*F moment too. While reading about his death, that was the first time I ever cried while reading a book. I LOVED his character, he was my favourite. His death was so unexpected. And his back story was so sad omfg, but made quite a bit of sense. I was honestly so pissed off that Dumbledore died. Part of me still wishes that he hadn't died.

Snape's back story flabbergasted me too! Wow Snape and Lily huh, who would've thought? I feel like it explains some of his behaviour but at the same time, doesn't fully redeem him in my eyes. I admire Snape for protecting Harry and being a double agent for Lily, but at the same time abhor him for being a bully his whole life. He was a bully to everyone, and many Snape lovers can argue with me about this, but he wasn't the BEST man out there. None the less, his story was sad and sweet.

Sirius dying made me sad too. Ugh I so badly wanted Harry to have atleast one guardian who loved him. He was like the funny uncle who would lighten up Harry's life. I felt so bad for Harry and Remus when Sirius died.

Fred dying just killed me. I still do not get what the point of his dying was. George and Fred not together just seems like a crime. I dunno, maybe Jo had some specif intention or something.  

And Remus and Tonks death just pissed me off. What the actual Frick man. They had just gotten together and had a son. They had no point dying. Seriously, I did not like their deaths. Felt so bad for Andromeda.

In all honesty, I did think that Draco would die. I don't know why but I remeber being pretty sure that in the end, Draco wouldn't be alive. I sorta wish Jo expanded more on the whole Draco and Astoria thing because Astoria wasn't even mentioned for the longest time. I dunno. 

Anyways, great discussion once again! Throughly enjoyed it :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top