Debate Mansion

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 89)

Post Reply New Post

Page 89 of 90

prpk525

IF-Rockerz

prpk525

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
I do...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 89)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Originally posted by Summer3

Do you believe there is a God ?

God, to me is the existence. Everything, from the universe to my soul... is God in my defination. I'm not going to make any refernce to mythological stuff or any 'supreme power' in my post :)

Indeed creation is most wonderful. We are all separate because we are subject to time and space. But when we go beyond time-space continuum we will become one with the universal. we create our own barriers through our mind and thoughts.

Do you think perhaps it is man who made God and not the other way round ?

Yes, it surely is the man that has made God. There was never a God. Many people want to feel secure, hence they make a God.. to be hopeful. The whole idea of God has a lot to do with human psychology.

Or perhaps we are all characters in a Dream and should wake up the guy who is having all these weird dreams.

LOL ...that's cute :)  but I dont believe that life is a dream.

Apparently there are various level of realities just like what we have here on earth.

We have the old school of traditional beliefs and the modern way of rationalizing and understanding how things function. In Duality there is a "God" but this "God" disappears in Monoism.

It really is subjective...some people believe in Duality, some others dont. It's just a man's perspective. I, however.. believe in Neutral Monoism. Everything is ONE. all matter and the soul can be reduced to one - energy.

So an "Atheist" who believes in himself  is much more closer to the Truth.

Truth is... not an atheist or a theist. It is wrong to think that an atheist believes in himself.. it is a misconception. Very few people believe in themselves :)  Even an atheist believes that there is no God, and believes in the physical and "rationalistic" approach to life. Either way both are believing in something... truth doesnt lie in anything. Truth cannot be known, that is why it has a mysterious beauty.
 Yes there are many knowledgable and uninformed types of atheists.
Truth, Goodness, Beauty, Knowledge are all the same. Truth is silence, I believe we have all felt it before.

It is better to believe in something rather than nothing ( I don't mean the Nirvana nothingness). No matter what humanity has to be respected.

It really depends. But it is essential, atleast IMHO, that a man must atleast believe in himself. Most of the times, the reverse happens! Very few people believe in themselves. Anyways, there will come the stage in every man's life or sometime in his re-birth when he will believe in nothing and just enjoy the life. That is when he will attain Nirvana, and THAT is the truth.

Let me put it this way.

If a man believes in himself, he'll defiately believe in the universe in the course of time. After sometime, he realises that he is a nobody, and then, realises he's a part of universe and that he is no one. And when that happens, he just does not think and abandons the litany of believes.. he is just there, thinking and wondering about the God or the "truth" itself looks too neurotic to him. Let me remind you of Buddha's golden line - Aes Dhammo Sanatano. It is as such. (it as in life) THIS is when a man attains Nirvana.

I am reminded of some lines from Rabbi Shergil's song -

Na mein apna naam dharaaya (I am not the name I assume)
Na vich baitthan na vich bhaun (Not in stillness, not in move)

Avval aakhir aao nu jaana (I am the first, I am the last)
Na jkoi dooja hor pehchaana (None other have I ever known)

Bulla, ki jaana mein kaun? (Bulla, to me I am not known)

Oh yes The Punjabi Sufi Saint Bulleh Shah was an unbelievable figure. He is highly respected. May he always guide us.

Everyone in their lives go on collecting litany of believes as they grow. But in the end, there will be no believing. What is one going to get out of believing in physical or mental or anything? Even yourself, really, who are you? Do you have an answer for that? (lets not talk about societal identity) That is why, some people think the universe is whole, absolute. Here universe includes yourself, your soul. 

Life is the way it is, universe is the way it is. When a baby is born, he does not know a God, he isnt aware of universe, he does not know anything.. he is just THERE, breathing, laughing, crying when hungry, sleeping. Why do we go on believing this and that when it was originally not within you when you were born? What are we going to get out of believing in ANYTHING for that matter? A man needs to go back to that innocence, and that state where he is free from all believes... this is the truth, in my eyes. (read no-mind state)

Hope I could express what I really wanted to say LOL  thanks to my poor vocabulary >:(

Personally, i still believe in the existence. In the mental, in the physical(matter), in my soul...and as you can read from my lengthy post, I am still so confused and highly uncertain in regard to my beliefs! LOL 
Well said dear sis.

nigella

Goldie

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilSummer3

drummedup

drummedup

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged

Most Definitely. Nothing else can explain the amazing bad and good things that keep happening to me.LOL There is someone who is poking his nose into my life. Who knows my deepest of fears and desires and plays on them at times unawares and has fun at my expense. Shrewd fella! And darn it! I am just not able to get a hold of him!
*It is a him/her, i dunno. Him is just a figure of speech here.LOL

Personally, no. It is some source who made us...and we call it God.

Or perhaps we are all characters in a Dream and should wake up the guy who is having all these weird dreams.
Dreaming about 7 billion humans and billion other creatures. That's one heck of imagination and I envy God's sleeping time.

We have the old school of traditional beliefs and the modern way of rationalizing and understanding how things function. In Duality there is a "God" but this "God" disappears in Monoism.
Duality is when you treat God a separate entity from yourself.If everything is created by God, he is part of that everything too.

Not really. There could be a false notions about yourself too and that takes you nowhere close to truth. Theist or Atheist, there is a conscience in both. As a theist I call it God, an atheist would call it himself.

It is better to believe in something rather than nothing ( I don't mean the Nirvana nothingness). No matter what humanity has to be respected.
True that. It is great to blame somebody else along with yourself for the troubles in your life and there is a comfort in the notion that Someone up there knows you as what you are. To me,the best part about believing in God is; he accepts you as what you are and nothing is hidden from him unlike in the human relations where you are scared of being judged.
There are people who think God watches and punishes them for bad deeds so are scared, i don't belong to that school of thought. But to me, God doesn't sit to punish... he is just there and he keeps showing you illusions and truths... he keeps testing you all the freaking time...but he is good enough to offer help when you are stuck.He is basically...nice.
LOL I consider God to be a wonderful teacher and greatest illusionist ever.

Riya.S.007

IF-Sizzlerz

Riya.S.007

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 1:26am | IP Logged
4 me ,whole yr god doesnt exist.

bt,when exam knocks at my door,or result, i keep praying

hey devi maiyya!!!!!!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
God dwells in inspirational music they say

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

drummedup

cocojatti92

Goldie

cocojatti92

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

God, to me is the existence. Everything, from the universe to my soul... is God in my defination. I'm not going to make any refernce to mythological stuff or any 'supreme power' in my post :)

Indeed creation is most wonderful. We are all separate because we are subject to time and space. But when we go beyond time-space continuum we will become one with the universal. we create our own barriers through our mind and thoughts.

Yes, it surely is the man that has made God. There was never a God. Many people want to feel secure, hence they make a God.. to be hopeful. The whole idea of God has a lot to do with human psychology.

LOL ...that's cute :)  but I dont believe that life is a dream.

Apparently there are various level of realities just like what we have here on earth.

It really is subjective...some people believe in Duality, some others dont. It's just a man's perspective. I, however.. believe in Neutral Monoism. Everything is ONE. all matter and the soul can be reduced to one - energy.

Truth is... not an atheist or a theist. It is wrong to think that an atheist believes in himself.. it is a misconception. Very few people believe in themselves :)  Even an atheist believes that there is no God, and believes in the physical and "rationalistic" approach to life. Either way both are believing in something... truth doesnt lie in anything. Truth cannot be known, that is why it has a mysterious beauty.
 Yes there are many knowledgable and uninformed types of atheists.
Truth, Goodness, Beauty, Knowledge are all the same. Truth is silence, I believe we have all felt it before.

It really depends. But it is essential, atleast IMHO, that a man must atleast believe in himself. Most of the times, the reverse happens! Very few people believe in themselves. Anyways, there will come the stage in every man's life or sometime in his re-birth when he will believe in nothing and just enjoy the life. That is when he will attain Nirvana, and THAT is the truth.

Let me put it this way.

If a man believes in himself, he'll defiately believe in the universe in the course of time. After sometime, he realises that he is a nobody, and then, realises he's a part of universe and that he is no one. And when that happens, he just does not think and abandons the litany of believes.. he is just there, thinking and wondering about the God or the "truth" itself looks too neurotic to him. Let me remind you of Buddha's golden line - Aes Dhammo Sanatano. It is as such. (it as in life) THIS is when a man attains Nirvana.

I am reminded of some lines from Rabbi Shergil's song -

Na mein apna naam dharaaya (I am not the name I assume)
Na vich baitthan na vich bhaun (Not in stillness, not in move)

Avval aakhir aao nu jaana (I am the first, I am the last)
Na jkoi dooja hor pehchaana (None other have I ever known)

Bulla, ki jaana mein kaun? (Bulla, to me I am not known)

Oh yes The Punjabi Sufi Saint Bulleh Shah was an unbelievable figure. He is highly respected. May he always guide us.

Everyone in their lives go on collecting litany of believes as they grow. But in the end, there will be no believing. What is one going to get out of believing in physical or mental or anything? Even yourself, really, who are you? Do you have an answer for that? (lets not talk about societal identity) That is why, some people think the universe is whole, absolute. Here universe includes yourself, your soul. 

Life is the way it is, universe is the way it is. When a baby is born, he does not know a God, he isnt aware of universe, he does not know anything.. he is just THERE, breathing, laughing, crying when hungry, sleeping. Why do we go on believing this and that when it was originally not within you when you were born? What are we going to get out of believing in ANYTHING for that matter? A man needs to go back to that innocence, and that state where he is free from all believes... this is the truth, in my eyes. (read no-mind state)

Hope I could express what I really wanted to say LOL  thanks to my poor vocabulary >:(

Personally, i still believe in the existence. In the mental, in the physical(matter), in my soul...and as you can read from my lengthy post, I am still so confused and highly uncertain in regard to my beliefs! LOL 
Well said dear sis.
Agreed with red. He is one reason i started believing in God LOL

But I'm still learning what's my path towards God

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

cocojatti92

Goldie

cocojatti92

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged

God dwells in inspirational music they say

As a Sufi