Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 88)

.DarkParadise.. IF-Stunnerz
.DarkParadise..
.DarkParadise..

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 10:27am | IP Logged
I, for one, wholeheartedly believe in God. Maybe He doesn't exist in a form we all worship Him but I believe that there is a positive energy that resides inside every individual which directs our path of life. That positive energy is a reflection of what we like to refer to as God. He isn't an external entity but within us. He is our beliefs, our hopes, our thoughts and ambitions. He is that motivation which wants us to do the best in life.
However, I would not say we are the creators of God. It is God only who creates us and makes us the individuals we will eventually die as.
This is just my interpretation, no reason or logic as such (:

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3snowflake.

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
If there is hope, there is God.

cocojatti92Summer3

Autumn. IF-Veteran Member
Autumn.
Autumn.

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Generally we do feel the energy and power within us but I believe the use of proper mantras will help enhance this and increase our spiritual vibrations. 
Can you give links to those mantras? THanks :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Generally we do feel the energy and power within us but I believe the use of proper mantras will help enhance this and increase our spiritual vibrations. 
Can you give links to those mantras? THanks :)
Try the Gayatri Mantra or the Shiva Mantra.
They have on youtube or even sell CDs on them.
Prayers and chantings of any major religion is also good and after a while we feel different, as if we are slightly drunk.LOL

Edited by Summer3 - 21 August 2012 at 12:53am

cocojatti92Autumn.

snowflake. IF-Stunnerz
snowflake.
snowflake.

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 12:58am | IP Logged
I do Tongue
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PurpleFairy

I, for one, wholeheartedly believe in God. Maybe He doesn't exist in a form we all worship Him but I believe that there is a positive energy that resides inside every individual which directs our path of life. That positive energy is a reflection of what we like to refer to as God. He isn't an external entity but within us. He is our beliefs, our hopes, our thoughts and ambitions. He is that motivation which wants us to do the best in life.
However, I would not say we are the creators of God. It is God only who creates us and makes us the individuals we will eventually die as.
This is just my interpretation, no reason or logic as such (:
They say that initially we start off by seeing God as being separate from us and as we progress we see everything as God. God is more of an experience that is  beyond words. Guess as we walk the path becomes clearer.

Autumn.

Angel-likeDevil IF-Sizzlerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged

Do you believe there is a God ?

God, to me is the existence. Everything, from the universe to my soul... is God in my defination. I'm not going to make any refernce to mythological stuff or any 'supreme power' in my post :)

Do you think perhaps it is man who made God and not the other way round ?

Yes, it surely is the man that has made God. There was never a God. Many people want to feel secure, hence they make a God.. to be hopeful. The whole idea of God has a lot to do with human psychology.

Or perhaps we are all characters in a Dream and should wake up the guy who is having all these weird dreams.

LOL ...that's cute :)  but I dont believe that life is a dream.

We have the old school of traditional beliefs and the modern way of rationalizing and understanding how things function. In Duality there is a "God" but this "God" disappears in Monoism.

It really is subjective...some people believe in Duality, some others dont. It's just a man's perspective. I, however.. believe in Neutral Monoism. Everything is ONE. all matter and the soul can be reduced to one - energy.

So an "Atheist" who believes in himself  is much more closer to the Truth.

Truth is... not an atheist or a theist. It is wrong to think that an atheist believes in himself.. it is a misconception. Very few people believe in themselves :)  Even an atheist believes that there is no God, and believes in the physical and "rationalistic" approach to life. Either way both are believing in something... truth doesnt lie in anything. Truth cannot be known, that is why it has a mysterious beauty.

It is better to believe in something rather than nothing ( I don't mean the Nirvana nothingness). No matter what humanity has to be respected.

It really depends. But it is essential, atleast IMHO, that a man must atleast believe in himself. Most of the times, the reverse happens! Very few people believe in themselves. Anyways, there will come the stage in every man's life or sometime in his re-birth when he will believe in nothing and just enjoy the life. That is when he will attain Nirvana, and THAT is the truth.

Let me put it this way.

If a man believes in himself, he'll defiately believe in the universe in the course of time. After sometime, he realises that he is a nobody, and then, realises he's a part of universe and that he is no one. And when that happens, he just does not think and abandons the litany of believes.. he is just there, thinking and wondering about the God or the "truth" itself looks too neurotic to him. Let me remind you of Buddha's golden line - Aes Dhammo Sanatano. It is as such. (it as in life) THIS is when a man attains Nirvana.

I am reminded of some lines from Rabbi Shergil's song -

Na mein apna naam dharaaya (I am not the name I assume)
Na vich baitthan na vich bhaun (Not in stillness, not in move)

Avval aakhir aao nu jaana (I am the first, I am the last)
Na jkoi dooja hor pehchaana (None other have I ever known)

Bulla, ki jaana mein kaun? (Bulla, to me I am not known)

Everyone in their lives go on collecting litany of believes as they grow. But in the end, there will be no believing. What is one going to get out of believing in physical or mental or anything? Even yourself, really, who are you? Do you have an answer for that? (lets not talk about societal identity) That is why, some people think the universe is whole, absolute. Here universe includes yourself, your soul. 

Life is the way it is, universe is the way it is. When a baby is born, he does not know a God, he isnt aware of universe, he does not know anything.. he is just THERE, breathing, laughing, crying when hungry, sleeping. Why do we go on believing this and that when it was originally not within you when you were born? What are we going to get out of believing in ANYTHING for that matter? A man needs to go back to that innocence, and that state where he is free from all believes... this is the truth, in my eyes. (read no-mind state)

Hope I could express what I really wanted to say LOL  thanks to my poor vocabulary >:(

Personally, i still believe in the existence. In the mental, in the physical(matter), in my soul...and as you can read from my lengthy post, I am still so confused and highly uncertain in regard to my beliefs! LOL 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 21 August 2012 at 3:50am

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Ah sis you are doing good. God could be an Alien too from another dimension.
There are many evolved souls living in their subtle bodies. Our thoughts connects us to everyone, living or not living on earth. God thinks of us all the time it is said.
Through constant thoughts of God we form a special bond and closeness. The unreal becomes real.

Go to top