Debate Mansion

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 86)

Post Reply New Post

Page 86 of 90

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
I was going through this thread and I found a particularly disturbing comment (in red) which I quote here :

Maruf 32 weeks ago

I can only say that before we die we must search the true religion to save myself whether it hurts someone or no matter it attracts woe to me. I am ready to exchange all of mine in this life for following a true religion. In this path I am still searching. Pray for me?
3 replies

Sanada_10 105p 32 weeks ago

Maruf, I just want to ask you one thing. Why do you think that you must follow a religion? I mean, in the sense of organized religion which has carrot and stick (not all religions have that). Is it to save your life? I see that is common in people but why do you want to save your life in the first place? Knowing this is important.
8 replies active 30 weeks ago

Maruf 31 weeks ago

Sanada_10,

You asked , ""Why do you think that you must follow a religion?Is it to save your life?

Yes, I want to save myself by following the most truthful religion according to Blaise Pascal because I love... ... ... myself most. I want to avoid uncertainty with my beloved life. I am afraid of torment of fire, poisonous snacks, dangerous things, other unknown punishments( if any) at first. And want the paradise, Joy, Luxury (If any).

First I thought its sarcastic, but after reading few more comments from the guy I realized he actually means whatever he writes. Do you think most believers think like this? I mean is dogmatic faith in institutionalized religions, doctrines, revelations, cults etc driven by such irrational fear of hellfire, damnation etc? Do religions, especially the monotheistic cults, survive on human's fear of the unknown? Because if that's the case, then its genuinely a matter of concern. It can do terrible damage to the believer as well as the rest of the society at large.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Stuff.zorrromind-googlingSummer3

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 86)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 19 March 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Respect all religions and read about them but do not change the religion of the family wherever possible.
Live in harmony.
By reading about spirituality and the Universal Truths the spirit can be satisfied.
These days we can google search for everything. Reading about the lives of saints and sages clears our doubts.
All realized souls have unity of thought and there is no difference in which one we approach, the choice is ours.
When I first read "Autobiography of a Yogi" it was quite an eye opener and from there I covered a few other great books.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KStewartFanatic

Pious_KaSh

IF-Sizzlerz

Pious_KaSh

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
I believe that there is a supreme power out there somewhere

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
God Does Not Exist!

ya i Belive In Karma And Destiny.
but God , Naaah!

Logo ko behkane ka tareeka hai , just a way to make ppl fool !

cheenibutter

Groupbie

cheenibutter

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
God is with me every step of the way. Heart

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:33am | IP Logged
No, I don't believe that God exists. I started a thread refuting the concept of God. You can read my full thoughts there.

HawaaPot

IF-Sizzlerz

HawaaPot

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged
For me God is there, And I truly believe it! Approve

Allah does exist and he is the most supreme!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarrior

nigella

Goldie

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top