Debate Mansion

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 85)

Post Reply New Post

Page 85 of 90

souro

souro

Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
@ P.K.LeLe - Tanya.91 did insult a whole group of people and she was wrong in doing that. And in justifying her act and supporting her, you are continuing to insult that group of people and you are equally guilty as Tanya.91.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 85)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Stuff.Summer3

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 20 February 2012 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Crixus

No I don't believe in God. I am also bhatkay, laanat, baigarait.Ermm

Yes I do not blame you.
If God hides then it is His own fault.LOL
By broad definition the Devil is also God.
God exists because men believe.
Buddha never spoke of God nor did Nisargadatta Maharaj. Ramana Maharishi only said find out "who am I". But both the latter two had deep devotion and Maharaj prayed to his Guru eventhough he was fully realized. Buddha was full of compassion and love.
Having compassion and love no other God is needed.
Buddha died eating poisoned meat offered to him, but I guess even great souls need to find an excuse to exit.

There are two at the start. The Universal Soul and the ego. Eradicating the second only the first remains but then it is more easily said then done. If the second is self disciplined the first may be ignored; if not it should at least abide by the law of the country least it get into trouble.

Edited by Summer3 - 20 February 2012 at 5:41pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by Rehanism

Oh no! Not the stammering goat again!! Last time I heard him say that wishing Merry Christmas would take you to hell and before that he suggested that 9 year old kids are fit for sex...I wonder how much he bribed to pass MBBS..I have hardly seen a more perfect combination of pseudo-intellectualism, shameless lying and sugar-coated bigotry...I would any day prefer Anjem Chaudhary..That guy might sound more menacing and fanatical, but atleast he's honest about his beliefs and intentions!

If listening to this guy didn't make my blood pressure go up, I sure as hell would try watching that video...but thanks, I will pass on it.
I know it's sheer intolerance from my side to not give opposing viewpoint - no matter how misogynist and regressive - a chance, but this guy really gives me bad creeps. I have never had such qualms with any other religious or non-religious speakers. I don't know what it is that makes my hair crawl...I do find a lot of his viewpoints regressive, misogynist, homophobic, and sometimes just plain laughable. He is very smart though.

PS. I just realized I owe King-Anu a response in this very thread. Have totally forgotten about it.

LOL
I shouldn't have called him "stammering goat". Its not right to ridicule anyone's looks, features or speaking style, whosoever it might be..I apologize. But for the rest, I stick to my statement.

PS : Subho Matri-bhasha DiboshTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:50am | IP Logged
You are both great guys. Keep it up.
Labib is always questioning everything and perhaps could be on the verge of a major revelation.
Rehan has his mind and soul completely fixed on the objective.
Let us see who gets there first.LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged

Before advancing to God we can first consider what we are.

Presently most of us only feel ourselves to be the body and mind. Intellectually we believe we are pure energy and everything in creation (including the Body/MInd Complex) is animated by the same energy.

The mind conditions and limits us so the mind has to be destroyed , ie we have to go beyond it.
 We are free and think we are bound.

Mantras, prayers, philosophy, enquiry etc are all useful tools in overcoming this malady.

cursed_mask

cursed_mask

Posted: 04 March 2012 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Everyone does believe in some sort of supreme power since you are not the one. If u donn believe u are sayin u r the supreme  !!! that sounds ridiculous doesn;t it?

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 March 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cursed_mask

Everyone does believe in some sort of supreme power since you are not the one. If u donn believe u are sayin u r the supreme !!! that sounds ridiculous doesn;t it?

Well for some they accept a Supreme Power and others may say that they do not know. Some think we are put here by Aliens.
Problem is that whatever we strongly believe in can actually happen because our minds can create whatever we like or want. The same Supreme Power is in all of us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Omnipotent_TacoAutumn.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top