Debate Mansion

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 90

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Savage

I've switched loyalties from various Gods for every day of the week, to being plainly confused and maintaining a neutral, agnostic basic and have finally evolved into an atheist, all in two years.I don't believe in the existence of any God, personally and I never did. Most don't, they are propelled to, given the atmosphere they hail in. That's that, I still find it convenient to equate, like get me this, God and I'd visit you. It is just convenient, ask me. Helps you shed your baggage, and shift the blame of your failure.I am still stumbling, given my confusion regarding the existence of luck, because it is spiritual and everything, again. Karma is another interesting subject, but just like convenience, luck and karma are put together superficially and made into several kinds of God. Rubbish, in my opinion.

I strongly believe the idea of God being meant up, and I don't want to be rude or anything, this is debating right, so here's what gets the better of me.Approve

The soul moves in circles and the nature of the mind is to hop from one idea to another and distrust. But whether we believe in God or not, within us we have a feeling of immortality.
Anyway "Matro Devo Bhava and Pitru Devo Bhava" should be sufficient.
My problem in seeing the Truth is my own mental prejudices and misconceptions. Seems that the defect is in my blurred vision that fails to see the omnipresence. At times a leap of faith is needed but fear creeps in. How many a time when problems loomed large they disappeared at the dawn of the first light.
Does not God wear a mask and roam around freely? and we too need to dance to the same tune ?
When all efforts fail a prayer may be the only solution. The situation will not get any worse.LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 9:04pm | IP Logged

Initially when the body consciousness is very strong we tend to think of God as another person or entitiy. Later we may view it as a state of realization or a state of perfection and equilibrium.
Knowing:

"Sarvam kalvidam Brahman"

Hatred and prejudices all melt away then.

namrata1111

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

namrata1111

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesSummer3

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Not for I love Caesar less, but for I love Rome more.

Edited by return_to_hades - 15 September 2011 at 10:40pm

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Thanks Namrata ji.
I love the story of the Taj Mahal but I hat the King for cutting off the architect's hands.
He truly deserves punishment for that.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Not for I love Caesar less, but for I love Rome more.
Where would Rome be without Caeser.
Generally the Italians are quite a lazy bunch but I love their food and their religion. They seem to have thousands of saints.LOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Thanks Namrata ji.
I love the story of the Taj Mahal but I hat the King for cutting off the architect's hands.
He truly deserves punishment for that.

Well, Shah jahan's karmas did pursue him. His son Aurangzeb dethroned and imprisoned him. He also killed his elder brother Dara shikoh who was Shahjahan's favourite son. So Shahjahan spent his last days in imprisonment looking forlornly at the Taj. He had already lost his beloved wife  for whom he has said to have built the Taj.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top