Debate Mansion

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 90

Page 1
Page   of 90
Page 3 Page 90

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by Summer3

Do you believe there is a God ?

Yes I do believe in a higher power.
I agree that we need not look far to search for a God of some sort. At rare times or rare occassions some magic may touch us with its sunny warmth and we feel light and beauty, a gladness fills us; it is as if we reach another level.

Do you think perhaps it is man who made God and not the other way round ?

Man humanized God and gave God human-like qualities for better understanding.

Yes we understand a personal God better and from there we have a choice to move on to the formless. I love both.

Or perhaps we are all characters in a Dream and should wake up the guy who is having all these weird dreams.

Not the tired old reality vs. illusion argument again. :P Scientists have long ago figured out that there's more to reality than what our five senses tell us. The real world out there is perhaps different to how we perceive it, much as a monitor is different to how a PC actually works. But if reality is an illusion, and we have no way of stepping out of this, then the illusion becomes the reality.
People at different levels see things differently.

We have the old school of traditional beliefs and the modern way of rationalizing and understanding how things function. 

Both are systems to perceive or understand reality, nature, humanity and the universe at large and at microscopic scale. The latter is more accurate as it is less subjective than the former.

In Duality there is a "God" but this "God" disappears in Monoism.

Why?
Sorry I meant in Adwaita the Universal and the individual consciousness are seen as one.

So an "Atheist" who believes in himself  is much more closer to the Truth.

"It has been said that the highest praise of God consists in the denial of Him by the atheist, who finds creation so perfect that he can dispense with a creator."

- -Marcel Proust, A la recherche du temps perdu: Le Cot de Guermantes
Yes an Atheist who sees perfection in everything is himself perfect too.

It is better to believe in something rather than nothing ( I don't mean the Nirvana nothingness). No matter what humanity has to be respected.

I don't think humanity can do away with their beliefs, whatever path they undertake.
We seem independent and yet at times we feel like puppets too.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika.

Goldie

monika.

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:21pm | IP Logged

@summer..i really like ur topics a lot..

@namrata..thanks for the information. .i would like to know more form u..r u on facebook..

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monika.

@namrata..thanks for the information. .i would like to know more form u..r u on facebook..

Ah sis glad you are having fun.
This is a common topic but still the view of God varies from person to person. Who is more accurate is sometimes only academic. The sun shines equally on all but some prefer to remain in the dark.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

namrata1111

namrata1111

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

monika.

Goldie

monika.

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by monika.

Ah sis glad you are having fun.
This is a common topic but still the view of God varies from person to person. Who is more accurate is sometimes only academic. The sun shines equally on all but some prefer to remain in the dark.

summer..i m not joking dear..seriously i like ur topics..wht made u think tht, i m having fun reading ur topics..

Edited by monika. - 15 September 2011 at 10:15pm

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Thanks Monika sis.
The Vedas and other spiritual texts are the greatest gift to mankind seeking to know the Truth.
A Yuga Avatar is only born in India and no where else.
Speaking of dreams:
You know I have a friend who often travels back and forth from China and he too told me about his dream. He often visits a strange lovely place in his dream, he flies in his dream.
Normally I find if we intensely concentrate or listen to something spiritual we see ourselves floating in our dreams. In some cases it is astral travel in others perhaps a raising of the consciousness.

Edited by Summer3 - 14 September 2011 at 10:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monika.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Most religious texts and books are "alive" with the soul of God. In reading there is a magic that soothes and calms us down.
I also love the sounds of mantras and prayers apart from some lovely hymns and songs.
Of Upanishads the Isavasyopanishad is one of my most favorites.
Listing to the mantra sounds also helps us in many ways.
It is academic to argue if God has a form or not and what form is best. For ones genuinely following the path the ego does not rear its head to quarrel.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by namrata1111

i m a researcher n archeologist by profession..i have dedicated my life in reasearch of ancient history of world..

there was nothing imaginary or superstition in vedic civilization which originated in bharat.. ..their ervy rituals has a scientific reason... modern day research has proved it.

there was no concept of idol worship in vedic times..they belived tht...GOD does not have any shape. he is nirakar. GOD is present ervywhere..

much later when other civilizations came into existence than, vedic religion got influenced by them n started building huge idols of god... ..this is how idol worship came into vedic religion..

hinduism is the mordern form of vedic religion.

bharat or aryavrat (india)is  not only related to bhagwan n spirituality but this is the country where the following originated..

first civilization - vedic
first language- Sanskrit
first medicinal therapy- Ayurveda
first healing technique -yoga

some of the scientific rituals of vedic times r still done today by hindus like...
planting  tulsi in ervy home, using shanka,importance of cow n several other rituals r related to health of human being...
for example painful incurable disease called gangrene can b cured by cow's urine..

mordern day reaserch has proved tht...none of the rituals in vedic civilization r imaginary or superstiotion... everything has scientific reason behind it.
now i will tel u how india lost ervything...

India was a superpower till 18th century, india was the hub of education, art, sceine,culture...the richest country of the world till 18th century.

india had the world famous universities like nalanada..where students used to come from diff countries..

thts the reason its was known as golden bird all over ther world.

after that Britishers conquered India using their shameless unethical tactics ..

n looted India's wealth n took it away to Britain in huge ships..

they started teaching in Indian schools that the Aryan were foreigners who invaded india.. just to prove that the people living India r also forienger like the Britishers.

Aryan invasion was a myth created by Britishers..

so like this india lost all this glory..n Britishers dived this huge country in small countries..

so india also lost the scientific way of doing everything in life,due to lack of knowledge about thier past..

Are you a vedic scholar or a general historian?

I'm curious because you factually state that the Vedic civilization is the first civilization. Popular assumption is usually that Mesopotamia was the cradle of civilization and historians debate on which of the ancient civilizations from the fertile basins (Indus, Nile, Mesopotamia and Yellow River) were the first. There are also Andean civilizations not as popularly known or studied.

In the history of religions, most civilizations did begin with nature/spiritual worship and spoken myth. Not just in India.

The Aryan migrations are also not a myth. The time frames, migration patterns and cultural impact have been debated and popular consensus has changed with time. It is definitely not the perfect theory, but it is not mythical either. How else would we explain the Indo-Germanic language trees and other similarities.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top