Debate Mansion

Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 90

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by blue-ice

I don't care if Tajmahal was a temple or not...Tajmahal is the pride of India and its a FACTand it should always remain that way..

Are you buying the conspiracy theories? Shocked

How did you suddenly conclude that it's a conspiracy theory and that there's no substance in it?

Anything that tries to prove a well known and accepted fact as a secret plot unknown by the general public is a conspiracy theory. There is nothing in the definition of conspiracy theory that says no substance, and some conspiracy theories can be true. Even I have enough substance to attribute the Taj Mahal to Ivan IV.

It is a free country and you are welcome to choose and believe any version of history that you choose to. Just in case you are interested for evidence in favor of the widely accepted theory.
- Taj Mahal and other structures claimed by P.N Oak to predate the Islamic empires don't. Historic dating methods place them in the period of the Islamic Empire.
- Forget Taj Mahal, P.N Oak claims that even the Vatican and Stonehenge are of Hindu origins. If thats is not seriously tripping, I don't know what is.
- Perhaps something ancient like the sack of Troy or conquests of Alexander can be embellished and falsified. It is logistically unlikely that something from the 1500's when historic documentation, global communication and colonial migration were prevalent could have been falsified on such a large scale.
- There is a pretty good documentation of the Hindu Empires predating and during the Islamic invasions. None of them document a Taj Mahal like construction.
- Architecturally the minaret style construction is attributed to Islamic influence.
- The dome style construction is not a style known to India. It dates the Islamic Empire. You see the dome style influence from Greece, Turkey, Persia, spreading to Russia, India etc.
- Hindu temples are not known to have minarets, domes, lattices or reflection pools. Marble was not the stone of choice in Hindu construction. The Hindu temple architecture is strikingly different.
- A large number of Hindu architecture predating the Islamic era is still intact and attributed to Hindu origins.
- Various historic experts in India and across the world deem P.N Oak as some lunatic. A fanatic who wants to prove Hindu/Indian superiority by claiming all Islamic and Christian structures across the world to be of Hindu origin.

Personally, I leave the question of ethnic pride and superiority to the Nazis. I just study history matter of fact, for what it is worth. Some conspiracy theories maybe true. I examine the evidence and make my decisions. I'm sure those who find veracity in P.N Oak's claims have done their homework as well to consider him a historic authority.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanismForever-KAblue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe there is a God ? (Page 11)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by namrata1111

dear frnds

i request all of u not to fight ..fighting is a waste of time n energy..
healthy discusiion r always good.thts how we gather knowldge form each other.

who is fighting Namrataji?

If you think this is a fight...then you have not seen the fights on DM LOL
Add a few fire crackers and soon you ll have the DM ablaze and raging  LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged

I just study history matter of fact, for what it is worth.

Exactly...history should be studied...lessons should be learned and then move on...history should not be used as a tool to rectify whet happened hundred of years ago...like what happened in the case of Babri Masjid...the Babri case might be a matter of pride to some Hindus...but overall its a black spot on the democracy of India...people can call me politically correct all they want...who cares...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaRehanismForever-KAmonar

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by namrata1111

Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by queenindia

taj mahal is a not an islamic structure.there r dhatura flowers carved on taj mahals' wall inside.

Isnt Dhatura a poisonous plant ? Why would temples have motifs of dhatura ? As far as I know there were no patent rights in those days to prevent any imitation of motifs!

...on second thoughts did I miss a mini war last night? I see a lot of editted posts from Blue ice !

dear angie

i will make it clear to u..

dhatura ia a great medicinal herb.it is poisonous only when taken in large quantities..

its been used fro centuries in ayurvedic medicines..

dhatura is offered to lord shiva.thts y there r carvings of dhatura plants n  flowers inside tejo mahalay(shah jahan renamed it as taj mahal after capturing it from jai singh) for burial of this family members.

Now that you pointed it out  I do recall   seeing  dhatura offerings in a Shiva temple. Most of the poisonous herbs have medicinal use . About a year back chain e mails were being sent all over containing the information that you gave about the Taj. I too was a receipient. But my take is tha Shahjahan may have captured the Shiva temple and then built the marble structure of Tajmahal over it .

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Exactly...history should be studied...lessons should be learned and then move on...history should not be used as a tool to rectify whet happened hundred of years ago...like what happened in the case of Babri Masjid...the Babri case might be a matter of pride to some Hindus...but overall its a black spot on the democracy of India...people can call me politically correct all they want...who cares...
I had just mentioned about the babri masjid debate we had long back on DM but edited it out LOL
Boy , some sparks did fly in that thread! I think it was locked twice.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged
^^

My best post in DM is in one of the Ayodhya thread,

souro

souro

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged

Anything that tries to prove a well known and accepted fact as a secret plot unknown by the general public is a conspiracy theory. There is nothing in the definition of conspiracy theory that says no substance, and some conspiracy theories can be true. Even I have enough substance to attribute the Taj Mahal to Ivan IV.

It is a free country and you are welcome to choose and believe any version of history that you choose to. Just in case you are interested for evidence in favor of the widely accepted theory.
- Taj Mahal and other structures claimed by P.N Oak to predate the Islamic empires don't. Historic dating methods place them in the period of the Islamic Empire.
- Forget Taj Mahal, P.N Oak claims that even the Vatican and Stonehenge are of Hindu origins. If thats is not seriously tripping, I don't know what is.
- Perhaps something ancient like the sack of Troy or conquests of Alexander can be embellished and falsified. It is logistically unlikely that something from the 1500's when historic documentation, global communication and colonial migration were prevalent could have been falsified on such a large scale.
- There is a pretty good documentation of the Hindu Empires predating and during the Islamic invasions. None of them document a Taj Mahal like construction.
- Architecturally the minaret style construction is attributed to Islamic influence.
- The dome style construction is not a style known to India. It dates the Islamic Empire. You see the dome style influence from Greece, Turkey, Persia, spreading to Russia, India etc.
- Hindu temples are not known to have minarets, domes, lattices or reflection pools. Marble was not the stone of choice in Hindu construction. The Hindu temple architecture is strikingly different.
- A large number of Hindu architecture predating the Islamic era is still intact and attributed to Hindu origins.
- Various historic experts in India and across the world deem P.N Oak as some lunatic. A fanatic who wants to prove Hindu/Indian superiority by claiming all Islamic and Christian structures across the world to be of Hindu origin.

Personally, I leave the question of ethnic pride and superiority to the Nazis. I just study history matter of fact, for what it is worth. Some conspiracy theories maybe true. I examine the evidence and make my decisions. I'm sure those who find veracity in P.N Oak's claims have done their homework as well to consider him a historic authority.

The claims may not be necessarily true, but no harm in hearing out what proof they have got and then countering them. What you wrote now to refute the claims you could've done earlier too. That's all that I expected.

Edited by souro - 17 September 2011 at 11:24am

souro

souro

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged

Let's murder someone's family member. Write some pages about it. Make the living family members read about it as history and make them move on.
People will do what they think is right and justified. Who cares if someone thinks that it's a black spot on whatever.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top