Originally posted by souro
Originally posted by return_to_hades
How did you suddenly conclude that it's a conspiracy theory and that there's no substance in it? Originally posted by blue-ice
I don't care if Tajmahal was a temple or not...Tajmahal is the pride of India and its a FACTand it should always remain that way..
Are you buying the conspiracy theories?
Anything that tries to prove a well known and accepted fact as a secret plot unknown by the general public is a conspiracy theory. There is nothing in the definition of conspiracy theory that says no substance, and some conspiracy theories can be true. Even I have enough substance to attribute the Taj Mahal to Ivan IV.
It is a free country and you are welcome to choose and believe any version of history that you choose to. Just in case you are interested for evidence in favor of the widely accepted theory.
- Taj Mahal and other structures claimed by P.N Oak to predate the Islamic empires don't. Historic dating methods place them in the period of the Islamic Empire.
- Forget Taj Mahal, P.N Oak claims that even the Vatican and Stonehenge are of Hindu origins. If thats is not seriously tripping, I don't know what is.
- Perhaps something ancient like the sack of Troy or conquests of Alexander can be embellished and falsified. It is logistically unlikely that something from the 1500's when historic documentation, global communication and colonial migration were prevalent could have been falsified on such a large scale.
- There is a pretty good documentation of the Hindu Empires predating and during the Islamic invasions. None of them document a Taj Mahal like construction.
- Architecturally the minaret style construction is attributed to Islamic influence.
- The dome style construction is not a style known to India. It dates the Islamic Empire. You see the dome style influence from Greece, Turkey, Persia, spreading to Russia, India etc.
- Hindu temples are not known to have minarets, domes, lattices or reflection pools. Marble was not the stone of choice in Hindu construction. The Hindu temple architecture is strikingly different.
- A large number of Hindu architecture predating the Islamic era is still intact and attributed to Hindu origins.
- Various historic experts in India and across the world deem P.N Oak as some lunatic. A fanatic who wants to prove Hindu/Indian superiority by claiming all Islamic and Christian structures across the world to be of Hindu origin.
Personally, I leave the question of ethnic pride and superiority to the Nazis. I just study history matter of fact, for what it is worth. Some conspiracy theories maybe true. I examine the evidence and make my decisions. I'm sure those who find veracity in P.N Oak's claims have done their homework as well to consider him a historic authority.