Debate Mansion

do u believe in theory of karma? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do u believe in theory of karma? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Yes not everything or every deformity is a karma case. Like in all things, there are cases of accidents and errors too. Persons who are at the wrong place at the wrong time to can suffer or be in greater danger too. That is why even the wise Gurus tell their followers to be careful or avoid certain places and events.
Also certain persons that take on deformities are very high souls too, they come down to teach and guide others. I was quite surprised in reading about such souls.

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged

do we have to believe in re incarnation to believe in karma?

Edited by zorrro - 14 September 2011 at 8:05am

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

do we have to believe in re incarnation to believe in karma?

Thought related it is not necessary, neither is there a need to believe in God or a Higher Power.
Buddha never spoke if God but a state of realization or nirvana.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged

I don't think a child with a disability or something like that is karma. Nor do I feel there is a reincarnation karmic bank account. How the heck is an infant, just developing conscience to know what the action and what the consequence? How the heck are people in bad circumstances to determine their actions of an unknown past life?

I do believe in cause and effect though. Where I am today is the consequence of actions committed by me and others in my past. Similarly tomorrow will be the consequence of another action. These consequences also give us a conscious understanding of what sort of actions benefit us and what sort of actions detriment us in the course of life.

Human society, the natural order in nature all function on cause effect. There is an action and it follows with a consequence. In the grander scheme of things I believe the entire universe is governed by laws of cause and effect. The only thing is we don't have a full understanding of how it plays out. We don't even know how the other person will react if we do something, how can we possibly begin to understand how every action will play out in the cosmos.

The way I see it everything is karma. But its not like oh my God your karma is good that is why good things are happening or Karma is bad so bad things are happening. It is more like , if you try to understand the scheme of things you will understand how and why you are here and figure out how to move forward. Doing wrong to someone might end up having something bad happen to you because either they, their supporters might try to get back, your supporters my want to teach you a lessen or your own subconscious guilt will play a role in affecting you.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CunningLinguist

Originally posted by angie.4u

^^ Have the good people been always good and have the bad ones been always bad that they need to suffer always? That which is  considered good for some may turn out to be bad for others. That which is considered as suffering may turn out to be  a blessing in the long run. That which is seen to be flourishing today may well turn out to be the cause of one's downfall tomorrow. So who or what is to judge? Karma can be better considered as cause and effect instead of reward and punishment.

i don't see how people born with deformities can be considered as some form of cosmic justice, even if you consider karma to be cause and effect, all you've done is given it a different name, it still remains a reward/punishment system... good actions = good effects, bad actions = bad effects... that would sense if it only pertained to this life,  what doesn't make sense is someone else suffering for the crimes of another, even if you argue that it's the same soul, hence the suffering.. it doesn't work, because they are completely two different people, different personalities.

I think its all a matter of perception. If the mother consumed certain drugs in the early months of her pregnancy or if she had some viral disease at that time or suffered an injury the child could be born with a deformity depending on the dosage and duration and time of exposure. Does it have to be viewed as a  reward or punishment?

More the feeling of separation, more the feeling of doership or identification  more is  the feeling of suffering.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top