Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

do u believe in theory of karma? (Page 10)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
It is said that when actions are dedicated to the Lord and its fruits given up we are free from its karma. So the question is how are such actions different from those others done for personal benefit? Desires bind us to the physical and one action leads to another and this binds us more and more.
Lord Krishna taught action in inaction because we cannot get away from karma. In acquiring knowledge desires end and karma falls off too.
Karma too is not bound by time and space.

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Consciousness

Originally posted by angie.4u

Studying physiology too ? Is there any subject that you're going to spare ?LOL

Only the brain. Neurons, dendrites, synapses, axons, glia, microtubules, electrochemical impulses, the whole works.

Not bad :)
Since a couple of weeks now, I am trying to find information on two things: 1. where is all the data that we take in, stored? 2. how is it stored, in what language?

Answer to question 1 is that it is distributed inside the brain and the strength of synaptic connections tell how important that data is to us. Where exactly is it stored is still unclear to me. Some are saying it is the microtubules. I got to research more.

Answer to question 2 is what I am most interested in. How is the data stored in our brains? For instance on hard drives, data is recorded by magnetizing ferromagnetic material to represent a 1 or 0. What about the brain?

Interestingly there are supposed to be more than five million magnetite crystals per gram in the human brain. The meninges, (the membrane that envelops the brain), has twenty times that number!
Several theories abound regarding memory storage. Its moved on from local to non local.As per a theory quantum processing is supposed to take place in the microtubules. Patterns of quantum waves in the microtubules has been suggested as a sort of coding for memories. These could give rise  to electrical impulses across the synapses that are responsible for the communication  through chemical neurotransmitters.

But for karma to operate individually or collectively memory storage would have to persist beyond the confines of the physical brain!  Could the Holonomic Brain Theory have an explanation?

Knowing how the data is recorded in our brains would answer key questions about consciousness and intelligence. It would also have a LOT of practical applications. On demand load of data/information, external storage of data from our brains (backup), purging bad memories, to name a few :)
OMG ! Shocked I somehow dont like the idea of anything having that level of access but  wont the examinees be pleased ! LOL In fact electrical as well as magnetic stimulation thinking caps have already been invented! They are said to improve memory and aid faster learning.
How is this related to Karma? We could program the brain to do "good deeds" for instance. Make it choose from a set of "allowed" paths and leave less to chance.

Hmm ...creation of zombies?! These  researches need closer monitoring than those of  stem cells!!!

Edited by angie.4u - 17 September 2011 at 4:21am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

K.Consciousness

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 4:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

That is why, a stoic - or a person who does Karma without any fear or desire - is completely free from the effects of Karma as his Karma was done without any good or bad intention.
Ties in with the non doership mode! So would there be a re incarnation after that or no?
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Human morality is subjective. It is dependent on human experience, culture, society and the brain of the individual. That makes every moral decision or judgment - relative and not absolute right?

It sure does appear to be so.

But the question still bugs me - if the universe and nature is neutral - why do I have morality? Why am I not constant like gravity or consistent like mathematics? How did the neutral forces of nature produces something that is subjective, inconsistent and driven by a complex mixture of emotions and reason?
I thinks its due to our social conditioning. We pick up cues regarding morality from our social environment. As culture and customs differ so also our beliefs and morality. Little wonder there is no consistency. If there had been consistency would seeking enlightenment or moksha be considered moral when suicide is not ?
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

There is this scene in Matrix where Cypher decides he no longer wants to fight the Matrix. He says
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss"
& pursuit of Tao requires shedding of all knowledge says Lao Tzu ! Wacko

As much as I am curious how deep the rabbit hole is, eventually I think to myself - I live on the surface not the rabbit hole. I taste food, I breathe the air, I enjoy the weather, my senses make me experience life and that is reality. It does not matter if the experience is real or programmed or an illusion. If the experience appears real, and I cry or laugh, it is real enough to live,

Ultimately, our search for truth, nirvana, liberation, God whatever is driven out of this life we live and experience. So what if the truth or liberation that we seek points that this life is a lie or an illusion or meaningless. How reliable is this truth or liberation if it is derived from  within a life that is allegedly an illusion or a lie?

If we go by the Matrix, there is another Matrix outside the Matrix and another Matrix outside that Matrix. It is just circles. The truth we all know is hundred years from now we both will be dead. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Where the ashes and dust come from and go? Who knows? All we know is dead. Between now and dead we can keep going from one matrix to another, and still be dead. Or we can sit down grab a piece of cake and enjoy the sweet delicious taste. Even if the cake is a lie, it is still sweet and delicious. And we can go on enjoying  the sweet, salty,delicious, tasty. fun, sad, happy, cold, hot, joyous, wrenching, painful, blissful, ecstatic, heartbreaking and all the experiences we can between now and dead.
Yeah , why not ? We may as well enjoy ourselves while we are here Tongue

Is liberation really all what it is made out to be? Sounds like annihilation doesnt it ?

I changed my signature but for you to enjoy
Hey you didnt have to change that ! 
You could have let me enjoy my ROFLs LOL but thanks for sharing the song .

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
I hate theories...Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus