Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

+* Krishna's clan *+ (Page 6)

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I have one question.  In Mausala parva, in the Mahabharata, Krishna lost all his divine accessories - his discus, his conch, his 4 horses and everything that marked him as a god before the events of Prabhasha, which saw the destruction of the Yadavas.  Does SB also state the same thing?

NO. It is clearly stated in Srimad Bhagavatham that Lord Krishna's divine accessories followed him to heaven (Vaikunth).

Sri Krishna's departure to Vaikunth is described in the 11 skanda, 30 adhyaya, verses 28 to 32, and verse 45.

Verses 28 - 32 describe His last moments on Earth. When Krishna saw Balarama giving up his human body, He assumed his divine four-  armed form and sat down under a banyan tree. The sloka describes his beautiful countenance and last line states that -his personal weapons- no longer inanimate objects-  but wonderful effulgent beings in their own right- were encircling him. (A beautiful sloka)

A later verse (No 45) states that in front of Daruka's  eyes, Lors Krishna ascended a celestial chariot which began moving upwards. All his divine weapons followed the chariot .(Tam anvagachchan divyani Vishno praharanaani ...)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vedantkaShivangBuch.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Thanks.

You mention Daruka, and he was one of the survivors in both MB and SB.  After Arjun crowned Vajra the ruler of Mathura, did Arjun leave Daruka w/ Vajra, or did he take him to Hastinapur and leave him under Parikshit?  It would seem that Krishna's charioteer would be highly coveted by those who survived him, be it Yadava or Pandava.

Another question.  As one knows, Gandhari's curse, and that of the rishis (Kanva, Vishwamitra, Durvasa) were almost identical, except for the part about Samba giving birth to a mace.  In the MB, the former is described in Stri Parva and the latter in Mausala Parva, but does one know for a fact that Gandhari's curse came first, or was it that of the rishis, and Gandhari just compounded it?  (Sorta like Bhima's vow on Duryodhan, and later Markandeya's curse on Duryodhan)

Edited by .Vrish. - 19 May 2012 at 10:33pm
varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
No account of  what happened to Daruka. 

Logically thinking Gandhari's curse would have preceded the Rishi's curse. When did Gandhari curse Krishna? When after the War, he was about to depart to Dwaraka  and he approached Gandhari for her blessings. (Or was it another BRC invention?). 

Many years later, the Yadavas had departed from strict Vedic way of life and began indulging more and more in intoxicating pastimes. This is when Samba and his friends played the cheap joke on the rishis and they in turn cursed him.

So it was first Gandhari's curse and then the Rishis'

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Actually, the way it's written, the rishis curse could have happened anytime, including during the war, when Krishna was away w/ the Pandavas, Balarama was away on his pilgrimage, and so princes like Samba would have felt free to do anything.  By contrast, they may have been more restrained when Krishna and Balarama returned to Dwarka.

Gandhari did curse Krishna, although not the way BRC showed it.  In BRC, b/w the deaths of Karna & Duryodhan, they showed Krishna approaching Gandhari and telling her about Karna, and getting cursed.  But he didn't approach her for blessings either.  In Stri Parva, after the complete war, everybody including Duryodhan and Dhrishtadyumna et al are dead, Gandhari is done lamenting over the bodies of all her sons, she launches into a tirade about all the widows in the battlefield grieving over their husbands (including in her mention, obnoxiously, Pandava side widows).  She then confronts the Pandavas, who were totally shaken by her anger, and then she turned on Krishna and cursed him.  Krishna accepted her curse, but did reproach her for failing to rein in her sons, and for being the real cause of all this destruction, which left Gandhari speechless.

Edited by .Vrish. - 23 June 2012 at 11:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vedantkavaraali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 12 June 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
I have a question - surprised that I overlooked it earlier - did Pradhyumna & Mayavati have any sons from their marriage?  Anirudha, as per SB, was born to Rukmavati.

I think it amazing that Kama & Rati wouldn't have had any sons of theirs in this avatar.  Every other divine pair had, such as Krishna & Rukmini, Rama & Sita, and so on.
varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I have a question - surprised that I overlooked it earlier - did Pradhyumna & Mayavati have any sons from their marriage?  Anirudha, as per SB, was born to Rukmavati.

I think it amazing that Kama & Rati wouldn't have had any sons of theirs in this avatar.  Every other divine pair had, such as Krishna & Rukmini, Rama & Sita, and so on.

Even HAri Vamsa does'nt seem  to mention the names of Pradyumna's children thru Mayavati. 

.Vrish.

myedward12 Goldie
myedward12
myedward12

Posted: 23 June 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing...
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 04 July 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Another question - following the mini-argument I had on the DkDM D&D thread, is there any source that has it that either Pradhyumna or Anirudha survived the Yadava fratricide?  I always knew that both were killed in it - Pradhyumna was in fact the 3rd to be killed - following Kritavarma & Satyaki.

varaali

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index