Page 5 of 8

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 8
Page 6 Page 8

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Love marriage? LOL Beti Charu ran away with Bali and Dad couldn't do anythingTongue 

Edited by varaali - 08 February 2012 at 11:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Krishna's clan *+ (Page 5)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 13 February 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
From today's episode, while I accept that it's fiction, one question did come up in my mind.  Did Rukmini have any premonition that Pradhyumna was going to be kidnapped?  SB states that he was kidnapped when he was less than 10 days old, but states nothing about whether it was predicted.  What does HV say?  Devi Bhagvatam covers it in book 4, ch 24

Also, Devi Bhagvatam describes in the next chapter that Krishna propriated Shankara for sons for his other wives as well, and was promised sons from all his other wives as well.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Varaali

What does HV say about Pradhyumna's birth?  Did Krishna know b4 hand there that he'd be kidnapped?

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
^^^^AFAIK, HV makes no mention of Pradyumna being captured, etc. Krishna's marriage with Rukmini is described in Cahpter 60. Towards the end, there is just one terse line mentioning the names of the ten sons and daughter Krishna had with Rukmini. 

In the next Chapter, Pradyumna is a grown up character, marching towards Bhojakota to win the hand of Rukmi's daughter, named here as Shubhangi.

I don't think the Shambhasur story is mentioned at all, but once I get my book back (it is not with me right now) I will check it up. Problem is, the events, as in SB are not described in chronological order and some are embedded inconspicuously in long random descriptions or dialogues.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Radhikerani

IF-Rockerz

Radhikerani

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Did Shambarasur Really Came Into The Palace To Kidnap Pradyumn ??Shocked

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Yup!  But contrary to what the serial is showing, neither Krishna nor Rukmini had any inkling that he'd be kidnapped.

I have another question.  How did Pradhyumna get his name - who named him, since Krishna didn't get the chance to do his namkaran sanskar?

Edited by .Vrish. - 22 February 2012 at 11:07am

vedantka

Groupbie

vedantka

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=.Vrish.]
I have another question.  How did Pradhyumna get his name - who named him, since Krishna didn't get the chance to do his namkaran sanskar?
[/QUOTE]

Hi VrishSmile,

On youtube.com there is a very nice 10 minutes long video in which Amal Bhakta Dasa describes the story of Pradyumna.

The title of the video is:  Srimad-Bhagavatam 10.55 - The History of Pradyumna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2Nhs1ZNkU

Here there is the episode from RS Krishna Story  of naming Pradyuman. Very nice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SphP9X0E6Q&feature=related

And here there is the RS Krishna Story where Shambrasur names the child AGAIN by the very same name Pradyumna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc-ltfvHRiE&feature=related

Edited by vedantka - 23 February 2012 at 12:14am

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 23 February 2012 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Okay, re-reading SB 10.55: The History of Pradyumna, looks like Pradhyumna did get named b4 he was kidnapped.  As usual, Sagars have screwed this up again.

There was nothing there however about Shambara naming him, since he wanted to kill him.  Pradhyumna was in fact concealed from Shambara by Mayavati.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.