Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

sweet_diksha

IF-Dazzler

sweet_diksha

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged

i have given abt his family in a new topic. in bhagavatam they say Krishna had 10 sons from each of his 16108 wives.

now one thing. when they started the show , they were saying it's a show that will cover his life as a king of dwarika and his life journey post he defeats kans.

http://www.imagine.tv/in/shows/subhome/179/3995

so may be rukmini will be there now only as a mother of Pradumna. and SB , being more entertaining, will be always there with him as his queen.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-coolpratz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Krishna's clan *+ (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Krishna had a daughter from each of his 8 major queens, if not all.  Does anyone know the names of his other daughters?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

sweet_diksha

IF-Dazzler

sweet_diksha

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Krishna had a daughter from each of his 8 major queens, if not all.  Does anyone know the names of his other daughters?

not mentioned in this chapter of bhagvatam. it's only abt Charumati.

vik rocks

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 7:57am | IP Logged
I aam sure Rukmini had a daughter.

-Swetha-vik rocks

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet_diksha

i have given abt his family in a new topic. in bhagavatam they say Krishna had 10 sons from each of his 16108 wives.

now one thing. when they started the show , they were saying it's a show that will cover his life as a king of dwarika and his life journey post he defeats kans.

http://www.imagine.tv/in/shows/subhome/179/3995

so may be rukmini will be there now only as a mother of Pradumna. and SB , being more entertaining, will be always there with him as his queen.

But Rukmini was his most important wife. Thats the truth

Vithal Rukmini are worshipped in Maharashtra

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya-Swetha-vik rocks..RamKiJanaki..

sweet_diksha

IF-Dazzler

sweet_diksha

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

I aam sure Rukmini had a daughter.

ya , right. charumati is Rukmini's daughters name. but do mention in bhagavatam abt his other daughters , if there r any

-Swetha-vik rocks

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
I have another question.  I've been checking SB in order to find out the parentage of Anirudha & Vajra.  Previously, I recall reading people claim that Anirudha's mother was Rukmi's daughter Rukmavati, while Vajra's mother was Rukmi's granddaughter Rochana.  (RS SK had Pradhyumna marrying a rakshasha princess Padmavati and getting Anirudha from her)

But reading SB, I couldn't find that anywhere.  Similarly, I recall reading that Anirudha was the son of Mayavati/Rati, while Vajra was the son of Usha.

Does anyone know which texts explicitly spell out who their mothers are, including chapter & verse??

-Swetha-

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Vrish,

SB does spell out the parentage. See chapter 61. After spelling out each of the principal queens' sons, Parikshit asks Shukdev how Rukmi's daughter came to wed Pradyumna? (Sloka 20)

Verses 22 and 23 mention that Rukmavati chose Pradyumna in a Swayamvara and that Rukmi reluctantly agreed.

In verse 25, Shukdev says that Rukmi gave his granddaughter Rochana to Aniruddha ( dauhitreya -daughter's son) is the exact word used. So we can safetly assume that Aniruddha was the daughter of Rukmavati.

Vajra is mentioned only at the fag end of the eleventh skanda, that too as the son of Anirudh. I have to check up exactly where his mother's name is mentioned.

will get back later.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RoarkRadhikerani.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.