Selina thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
 Ash invited to present an Oscar!
   By: Subhash K Jha
   February 25, 2005

[email protected]
Honouring commitments: Will Aishwarya Rai make it to the Oscar ceremony?
It looks as though Aishwarya Rai's international career has taken off in a big way. Currently, the actress is shooting for her latest film Mistress Of Spices in the UK.

And it gets better! The distributors of Bride and Prejudice in the USA ā€” Miramax, have opted for a larger number of prints of the film in the second week of its release.

Confirming that the film is picking up with the American audience, Chadha says, "Yes, Miramax has added 100 more prints in the second week. So much for skeptics back home who wanted to write off Ash and Bride."

The latest  and the best on the Ash-front is yet to come.

The Academy Of Motion Pictures & Sciences has invited Aishwarya Rai to present a trophy to one of the winners on February 27 at the Oscar ceremony.

Gurinder chadha
Exults Chadha, "It's a unique honour for an Indian entertainer, and one that Ash shouldn't miss for the world."

But Ash may not be able to make it to the event. Around the same time as the Oscar ceremony, she is expected to be shooting for Gurinder's husband Paul Berge's film Mistress Of Spices in the UK.

So will Ash miss this unique moment of glory? Says Gurinder, "Miramax is very keen to get her to the Oscars.

Frankly, so am I. But the problem is, my husband thinks our film is more important. And I agree. Ash's schedule with Paul on the Isle of Mann ends on Saturday night.

We'll try to get her out into the US the same night. I'm attending the Oscars with Sid Ganis, who is the deputy chairperson of the Academy Awards and the producer of my next film I Dream Of Jeannie. I hope and pray Ash can make it too. It's a big honour."

[email protected]

One has to wonder though...

Who will pay for the event?
Miramax films will send her a return ticket to the event

What will she wear?
That is something everybody will be waiting for and watching with a keen eye.

Will she make it there in time?
We hope so. Our guess is that Paul won't play spoilsport!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow...That's awesome..Ash is surely going places in Hollywood.šŸ‘

Thanks for the information Selina.

mumbai_masti thumbnail
wow.... thats good.....

thx for sharing....
Ibad thumbnail
Wow.....Fantastic.
Ash is going high and high in east as well as west.
But I think She shouldn't have to miss this big big Oppurtunity. She mast have 2 go to Oscar....What will happen If she will cancell shooting for one day.....It doesn't matter that much......But going to OSCARS matters very much.
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

thanx 4 the  article...

thats the only good thing about Ash, all she can do now is represent India seeing as all her movies are now flops!!

šŸ˜†

sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the info.

Hope she will be herself and represent india in a good way this time unlike she did in cannes last yr and not try to impress the hollywood stars and directors

but something tells me i am wrong šŸ˜” šŸ˜” šŸ˜”
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sai14

Thanks for the info.

Hope she will be herself and represent india in a good way this time unlike she did in cannes last yr and not try to impress the hollywood stars and directors

ur so right sai di

thanx for the article

abladabla thumbnail
vow, she is going places..
rouble thumbnail

Originally posted by: sai14

Thanks for the info.

u r right sai....i wish u could do that but she won'tšŸ˜”

thanks for sharing!

Ibad thumbnail
yeah sai14
you are right.