Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna
Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

India-Forums

What has happened to Rukmini? (Page 2)

prernacda Goldie
prernacda
prernacda

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
i had read rukmini doing the tulsi weighing  and getting benefit of flowers...and tv has a habit of changing facts to suit their convenience but if rukmini cannot fulfill her actress obligations...they cannot erase her role from history either...replace the actres...quite frequently done in other serials...

having said that, bottom line...the objective of the yajna was to teach satyabhama a lesson...we are getting lost in the trees and losing sight of the forest...

they showed satyabhama..and krishna and another wife helping to control her ego...as long as sb learns the lesson, and we do not see rukmini totally eradicated...I can put up with these couple of errors...as they wanted to move story forward...and would rather have this than a dragged filler episode...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocksmnx12.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

.Rinnie. IF-Rockerz
.Rinnie.
.Rinnie.

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Wow, Today's episode, for the first time since I started watching this show, has disappointed me.Til now,  I always gave a blind eye towards all the twists and turns they put in the story just so they could say the tale in their own way but today from what i saw, I was seriously disappointed. I mean, How could they just replace Rukmini like this? I was really really excited to see this tulabharam episode. I know like prena as said before me that the main objective of the yajna was to teach satyabhama a lesson but it was also to show why Rukmini was considered the most devoted and spiritual out of all the wives of Krishna. Why she was considered the prime and prominent wife.

But now it seems like Jambavathi is the primary wife of Krishna and Rukmini didn't really have much of a role. I didn't even know that Jambavathi was one of the main important wives until a few months ago. Till a few months ago, I only heard of Rukmini and a lil of Satyabhama on the net and in books. There never was much about his other wives.

God, I'm already afraid of just imagining how they'll turn the story of the birth of Pradhyumna. God forbid they give Rukmini's first son's story to Jambavathi's first child just like they gave the Tulabharam episode to Jambavathi.

It's just that they are showing something that didn't happen the way they show it. They are just going on writing their own version of it, And people watching this show, who do not know much about Krishna's life will probably just believe it either that or people watching this show will stop watching it due to the stories of their Lord Krishna's life being twisted in such a way.

No wonder this show is getting such low trps. Ouch

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyaprernacdavik rocks.Vrish.Roark..RamKiJanaki..Shaina_b

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Rin

Agree w/ you.  From day 1, the actress chosen to play Rukmini was a disappointment, and now, Rukmini herself being sidelined is hard to fathom.  Wonder whether they are auditioning Priya's replacement.

Jambavati was major in the sense of her sons.  I knew of only 2 of Krishna's sons - Pradhyumna and Samba.  A third - Charudeshna - I thought was son of Satyabhama, but he was in fact Rukmini's 2nd son.  At any rate, the only sons of Krishna one hears of is Pradhyumna and Samba. 

Pradhyumna of course is famous - @ birth, he was kidnapped and a whole story was there b4 he returned to his parents w/ Mayavati, his wife.  He was also a great student of Arjun's and a friend of Abhimanyu and Satyaki. 

Samba, who was Jambavati's first son, was the other, more infamous son - he disrupted the swayamvara of Duryodhan's daughter Lakshmanaa, and caused the destruction of the Yadavas by appearing as a pregnant woman w/ some of his friends b4 Vishwamitra, Durvasa and Kanva. 

Krishna's other sons are far less known.  He's known to have had 10 sons and 1 daughter from each of his wives (I'm curious as to whether his 16,100 other wives also had as many children, or maybe less).  Since the texts are somewhat nebulous about them, all those stories about other wives for Pradhyumna or Anirudha may well have been about other sons of Krishna.

Shrimad Bhagvatam doesn't seem to sequence the chapters according to chronology, and so some appear totally out of sequence, like the killing of Rukmi, or the marriage of Anirudha & Usha.  I do hope the Sagars have worked out the chronology here - if they show Balarama kill Rukmi early, and then later show Rukmi approaching Arjun and Duryodhan to join their sides, it'll look plain ridiculous.  Pradhyumna was around when Shalva invaded Dwarka, and therefore definitely around during the time of Krishna killing Sishupala, so b4 they go to the Pandavas and Krishna helping them build Indraprastha, I dearly hope they show the birth, kidnapping and return of Pradhyumna.  In b/w these events, maybe they can show Krishna be @ Draupadi's swayamvara, and his adventures w/ Arjun in Khandavprastha.  Then, b4 Yudhisthir's Rajasuya yagna, show Pradhyumna return.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksRoark

sweet_diksha IF-Dazzler
sweet_diksha
sweet_diksha

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Rin

Agree w/ you.  From day 1, the actress chosen to play Rukmini was a disappointment, and now, Rukmini herself being sidelined is hard to fathom.  Wonder whether they are auditioning Priya's replacement.

Jambavati was major in the sense of her sons.  I knew of only 2 of Krishna's sons - Pradhyumna and Samba.  A third - Charudeshna - I thought was son of Satyabhama, but he was in fact Rukmini's 2nd son.  At any rate, the only sons of Krishna one hears of is Pradhyumna and Samba. 

Pradhyumna of course is famous - @ birth, he was kidnapped and a whole story was there b4 he returned to his parents w/ Mayavati, his wife.  He was also a great student of Arjun's and a friend of Abhimanyu and Satyaki. 

Samba, who was Jambavati's first son, was the other, more infamous son - he disrupted the swayamvara of Duryodhan's daughter Lakshmanaa, and caused the destruction of the Yadavas by appearing as a pregnant woman w/ some of his friends b4 Vishwamitra, Durvasa and Kanva. 

Krishna's other sons are far less known.  He's known to have had 10 sons and 1 daughter from each of his wives (I'm curious as to whether his 16,100 other wives also had as many children, or maybe less).  Since the texts are somewhat nebulous about them, all those stories about other wives for Pradhyumna or Anirudha may well have been about other sons of Krishna.

Shrimad Bhagvatam doesn't seem to sequence the chapters according to chronology, and so some appear totally out of sequence, like the killing of Rukmi, or the marriage of Anirudha & Usha.  I do hope the Sagars have worked out the chronology here - if they show Balarama kill Rukmi early, and then later show Rukmi approaching Arjun and Duryodhan to join their sides, it'll look plain ridiculous.  Pradhyumna was around when Shalva invaded Dwarka, and therefore definitely around during the time of Krishna killing Sishupala, so b4 they go to the Pandavas and Krishna helping them build Indraprastha, I dearly hope they show the birth, kidnapping and return of Pradhyumna.  In b/w these events, maybe they can show Krishna be @ Draupadi's swayamvara, and his adventures w/ Arjun in Khandavprastha.  Then, b4 Yudhisthir's Rajasuya yagna, show Pradhyumna return.

right. btw, in some other version, i read Pradumna's birth was before Krishna's marriage to Jambavanti and SB , and he was stolen the same night from palace by Shambharasur and he grows as Shambharasur's son. later when he comes to know , he is Krishna's son, he fights with Shambharasur, kills him and comes back to Dwarika with his wife.

and when Krishna and Arjun Put Khandavprastha to fire for creation of Indraprastha, Pradyumna as a great warrior and best student of Arjun, is with them.

Pradumna is said to be a great warrior just like his father (he too was incarnation of some God, whom Lord Shiva had cursed).

let's see when his birth is shown.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocks.Vrish.

skarriramsai Groupbie
skarriramsai
skarriramsai

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

I wonder whether Priya simply has personal problems of her own related to her divorce, or whether it's the Sagars who have problems w/ her, be it either her acting itself, or her attitude.  Whatever the case, I agree w/ radash - replace her, but they can't re-write the entire story w/o Rukmini.  For some events, like the birth of Pradhyumna, she's irreplacable.  Maybe the Sagars are concluding the same thing as her critics here and elsewhere.Yeah it luks like priya showed attitude too as satybhama was getting the weightage. Now, I understand why a new actress was got to do Satybhama's role. Sagars must have learnt their lessons from Priya and hence did not want more attitude from other actors.Wink But, Priya need not feel that she is sidelined as this is mythology and such major script changes is ultimately going to affect the viewership.

They did show her w/ Revathy and Jambavati yesterday (or was it a double?)  Whatever the case, they should at least have shown her in Satyabhama's yagna today.  Incidentally, why were they showing it like aside from Satyabhama, Jambavati was his only wife?  They didn't show 5 of Krishna's marriages, and they even left out the 16,000, making Krishna look uncharacterestically monogamous.
Personally, I feel that Sagars should wind up the role of all Krishna's wives as soon as possible and concentrate on events like wars or events that show krishna as king.  Also, krishna in mahabharata will solve these attitude issues among krishna's queens as none of the queens will have scenes then.Smile This would be gud lesson to all the actors playing krishna's wives.Clap

Edited by skarriramsai - 09 September 2011 at 1:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyamnx12..RamKiJanaki..

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
I am sure I have read Satayabhama darp bhanga story in an original text

And even if its a folk lore they have no right to change it and replace Rukmini Devi with Jamvanti this way
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by skarriramsai

Personally, I feel that Sagars should wind up the role of all Krishna's wives as soon as possible and concentrate on events like wars or events that show krishna as king.  Also, krishna in mahabharata will solve these attitude issues among krishna's queens as none of the queens will have scenes then.Smile This would be gud lesson to all the actors playing krishna's wives.Clap

Srimad Bhagavatam has all the 16,108 queen meet Draupadi and describe to her how each of them got married to Krishna.  In the Mahabharata, b4 the event in which the Kauravas fought the Gandharvas and got routed, Satyabhama along w/ Krishna visited the Pandavas, and Satyabhama had a meeting w/ Draupadi where she asked her how she managed to satisfy 5 husbands when all of Krishna's wives had difficulty satisfying even one.  Draupadi explained those things to her, and Satyabhama left assuring her that her humiliation would be avenged.

Even if they don't show all the wives meeting Draupadi, I certainly hope they show the Mahabharata version of Satyabhama meeting her.  Also, all, or some of the major queens would be needed when Subhadra gets married (I'm too scared to think about who they might select to play her role), both during her marriage, and when the Yadavas enter Indraprastha w/ Subhadra as guests of the Pandavas.  So I don't think the role of the wives should be wound up.  But at a minimum, the Sagars should have RJS until the end.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 09 September 2011 at 1:35am
sweet_diksha IF-Dazzler
sweet_diksha
sweet_diksha

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

I am sure I have read Satayabhama darp bhanga story in an original text

And even if its a folk lore they have no right to change it and replace Rukmini Devi with Jamvanti this way

nandini,

have u read it in original Srimad bhagavatam? can u post chap. no?

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index