Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
 Asiya: there is nothing irritating about Harshad
Back with a bang, Asiya Kazi is on prime time with a spanking new show Imagine's Dharampatni. Once again in a Gujarati setup, Asiya explains her reasons for accepting the show, talks about Harshad, Balaji and her success. Read on...
by Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media

Showing 1  of 7 images  Previous     Next

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1. Imagine's Dharampatni is a show based in a Gujarati household. Was it easier to take on another show in the same milieu post Bandini?
I wouldn't say it was easier or tougher because of the Gujarati setup but I took up Dharampatni for the story and character. They were both appealing and interesting. Sure, I now find a Gujarati setup comfortable as post Bandini, which was a Gujarati setup too. During Bandini, I began understanding Gujarati language and customs of Gujaratis. Now, I feel Gujarati most of the day- well especially when I am shooting [laughs]. Seriously, I feel I was destined to get a role like Dharampatni and I am enjoying playing Kastur.

2. How different is Kastur from Santo? And what similarities does Asiya have with them?
You can't compare Kastur with Santo as both are totally different characters. Kastur has different values and traits while Santo who was a village girl had other characteristics. As for similarities with me, when every actor works on a role, we all put in some bit of ourselves into each role. Kastur loves to talk a lot and is a bubbly girl and I love that about her.

3. You have a younger look in Dharampatni. Are you enjoying it?
I always enjoy all the looks I have had in my characters. Be it Santo's young look to her mature look or Saudamini's over the top look or Kastur's sweet and simple look. I try to play all the roles offered to me to the best of my ability which is a challenge for me. of course a look is important for the audiences to connect with your character but the acting is equally if not more important which helps you reach to a variety of audience.

4. What do you like and what irritates you most about your co star Harshad Chopda, the actor and Harshad, the person?
We have become good friends over a period of time. In fact not just him, I am friendly with the entire unit and we all ensure to mingle during work and breaks, eat food together, joke, do masti and have fun while working on the sets. As an actor, Harshad and I have found a comfort level and therefore we can tell each other how to better a scene, or if we forgot something or any thing related to acting without feeling bad. And as a friend, we chit chat as we have found a comfort zone with each other. The rapport we share is good. As for what I find irritating about him, I have to tell you ' there is nothing irritating about him!!

5. You went from Imagine to Colors to Imagine again. Does working on different channels make a difference?
Well frankly I don't know. I am an actor and I look at the role offered to me, the production house and other things along with the channel. I don't think of the channel first, so I can't honestly say if it makes a difference. I guess if people like your work, they will tune in irrespective of the channel. When I did Santo, I was a newcomer, a no body yet I got the love and support of my audiences who loved the show Bandini. Then they appreciated my work as Soudamini in Maati Ki Banoo on Colors and now ditto is happening for Kastur. If people like what they see, they will watch your show. And I am glad Dharampatni has got a good response.

6. Harshad and you both are Balaji protges. Do you feel in today's times it helps or harms to stay loyal to a company?
Again I don't think like that. I had a great time working with Balaji and now I love my Dharampatni unit. Every production house has been a good experience for me. I focus on my role in the serial more than anything else.

7. Who do you credit the success to?
I credit all my success to my unit and the production houses I have worked with. It hasn't been a one person job so I wouldn't want to credit even myself totally for my success. During Bandini, I had Ronit da who guided me a lot during scenes, my directors, producers and in Dharampatni too, we have talented artistes and directors. I learn a lot everyday.

8. What do you do with your free time?
I love listening to music or talking. These are the two things I do when I have free time.

9. Craziest thing you ever did'
I love playing pranks and during Bandini we had a whole gang of people who would prey on other members in the unit. We would flick cell phones or makeup and even food. It was fun. Thankfully no one tried to do that with me.

10. Interesting incident with a fan …
My fans always meet me with a smile and want to click snaps with me and ask for autographs. But this young girl came to me and kissed me on my cheek. I wasn't expecting it so I was taken aback.

11. What is your relationship status?
I am single but I wouldn't want to talk much about my personal life

Edited by Armu4eva - 08 September 2011 at 8:24am

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

captkirksparkling-star-Swetha--sia--prime-KhaLidaH-mesmerised-devashree_h-Ramya-Shahara3dreamy4everAymee-Shobhu21--Alina-april10purvimehmanasi_31xXIheartRayaXxIndigoBluesanitarani-MariaMars-nyctophiliawidapyar-ishk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Theres nothing irritating @HC: Asiya" in Dharampatni forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mary78613

IF-Rockerz

mary78613

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Hey Thanks for sharingSmile

bishop22

Goldie

bishop22

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Smile

april10

IF-Rockerz

april10

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing  Why need to ask stupid question.  Good she said that there is nothing irritating otherwise...

Edited by april10 - 08 September 2011 at 8:56am

-prime-

Goldie

-prime-

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Sweet answers

manasi_31

IF-Rockerz

manasi_31

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing ... Nice answers ... Good to know Harshad and her are sharing a good comfort level

Edited by manasi_31 - 08 September 2011 at 8:50am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wida

pyar-ishk

IF-Stunnerz

pyar-ishk

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Thanks tor sharing

The article was good, gosh I hope these media people don't stretch it cause she said there was nothing irritating about him. It's good they share a good comfort level.

Big_bang

Big_bang

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Wow...such a lovely answerClap

''As for what I find irritating about him, I have to tell you ' there is nothing irritating about him!''
This one is best Approve

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.