Frequent Posters

dhruvie05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Well, on a positive note, atleast its back on the map 😛
luvsagar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
will never understand the TRP or TVR TAM or whatever they call it games!  I seriously believe its rigged and not representative of the population!

But as was said at least in top 100!  which I consider good since there are sooo many channels and so many show choices nowadays in India!!

Pity international viewership is not considered!
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
In the US this show is shown at 9:00 pm. when the audience is done for the day and watching.  I am sure it is true for other countries outside India as well.

In India, this show is shown at 6:30 pm when mothers are involved in their kids doing their homework, or husbands and wives just getting home from work, dinner time - time for cooking or supping, in general hustle bustle time.  Why would anyone watch a show, any show, at a time like that?  Hence the TRPs are low.

And then again TRPs are based on Indian audience's viewing habits only, viewers outside of India do not matter.  Going by the forum,  we the "non-Indian sub-continent" viewers, are the biggest fans of this show and we do not have the means to bring this show to the level it should reach.

Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
orianthi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
At least we're back ðŸ˜•
nishersal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: luvsagar

will never understand the TRP or TVR TAM or whatever they call it games!  I seriously believe its rigged and not representative of the population!

But as was said at least in top 100!  which I consider good since there are sooo many channels and so many show choices nowadays in India!!

Pity international viewership is not considered!

It's not really. From my understanding TRP/GRP is a marketing term used to assess the marketing effectiveness of an advertisement. It is defined is a measure of the purchased points representing an estimate of the component of the target audience within the gross audience. It is measured as the sum of ratings achieved by a specific media vehicle (e.g. TV channel or programme) of the target audience reached by an advertisement.

INTAM (Indian Television Audience Measurement) uses two methodologies for calculating TRPs. It is the only electronic rating agency functioning in India

The first is frequency monitoring, in which 'people meters' are installed in sample homes. People meters are electronic devices, which continuously record data about the TV channels watched by household members. The 'people meter' is an expensive piece of equipment and is currently imported. It reads the frequencies of TV channels, which are later decoded into the name of the channels. INTAM prepares national data on the basis of these sample homes readings. There is a drawback in the technique, as cable operators frequently change the frequencies of channels before sending signals to homes. It may be very misleading to read a channel according to a particular frequency even if the down-linking frequency is same all over India.[I thought that this was very interesting]. My research indicated that these people meters installed in only 16 top cities in nine states and the panel households exclude lower middle and top income bracket households, which are keen watchers of niche English channels

The second technique is a picture-matching technique, the people meter continuously records a small portion of the picture that is being watched on that particular television set. According to  my research, this method is apparently more reliable (I have my doubts on this as well) but is relatively new to India.  Along with this, INTAM also records all the channels' data in the form of the small picture portion. Data collected from the sample homes is later on matched with the main databank to interpret the TV channel name, in order to produce national ratings.

pressu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
in positive
we are back in the chart
trp's are low but no problem we will definitely get our bbat back
please wait with patience 
at one day we will surely be at top position
i think major problem is time slot 06:30pm 
but iam sure and confident that we will get good trp in upcoming days😃
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am surprised that the Mahepisode got such low ratings.  They have gotten better ratings in the normal 6:30pm timeslot. 🤢

But yes at least we are back on the chart...
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
9pm on a Saturday gets 0.78 ratings! Too bad. Could it be due to the festival period - Ramazan and Ganesha?

I recently came back from India and I can say, not much advertising is shown for this show. It is close to nil compared to other shows on Zee.

luvsagar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bee5

9pm on a Saturday gets 0.78 ratings! Too bad. Could it be due to the festival period - Ramazan and Ganesha?

I recently came back from India and I can say, not much advertising is shown for this show. It is close to nil compared to other shows on Zee.

Zee not promoting the show is contributing to low TRPs and I have stated that in feedback several times on their site as well as messaging them on FB!!

Hope they get the 10:30 time slot vacated by Sanskar Laxmi!

As for MahaEpisode TRP I truly believe it has to do with the holiday season! Ramzan, Ganesh Chaturthi.  I think all the religions in India had something going on!! And of course the lack of promos for the Maha Episode!!
Edited by luvsagar - 12 years ago